Progressive Insurance

Progressive Insurance Reviews

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
3.6

Progressive Insurance President, CEO, and Director; Chairman and CEO, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company Glenn M. Renwick
Glenn M. Renwick

Pros
  • Management sensitive to work-life balance and work hard to accommodate each employee's situation (in 47 reviews)

• The work environment is very friendly with healthy competition (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Work /life balance was challenging to maintain due to extensive work schedules (in 26 reviews)

• The current infatuation is the customer service score of which a "5" is the Holy Grail (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and good benefits

Cons

Management and staff does not concern as much

Inside Sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Casual, laid back atmorsphere, time off

Cons

Call center, call center, call center

great company

I have been working at Progressive Insurance

Pros

great team team & leaders

Cons

high volume- but regular to industry

good

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was a highly professional and enjoyable experience

Current Employee - Marketing Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are great. They know what they are doing and quite down to earth.

Cons

I do not have any at this time.

Keep up the great work. You are doing many things correctly.

Left and Came Back!

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Mayfield, OH
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Mayfield, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Awesome company to work for.
    Pay and performance increases are steady
    Room for advancement
    Career focused

Cons

Very hard to get into
    If you apply for one department and do not get the position - that is on record for just that department of why you didn't get the position. You have to apply to a different department to get your foot in the door.
    Even harder interview process once in the company to move with in the company.

HR and Management do not seen to know what the other is doing
    HR is separated into department of the business and have no idea what the other is doing.

Provide Commercial Auto quotes to potential clients

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Non competitive atmosphere, very laid back the company's main concern is providing good customer service, great benefits and job development opportunitites

Cons

If you are a very active person, you may need to change your routine to a more laid back one because you are sitting down all day

Overall, management is very aproachable and understanding

I have a good job.

Current Employee - Personal Lines Senior Processor/Underwriter  in  Mayfield Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Personal Lines Senior Processor/Underwriter in Mayfield Heights, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been with the company for 11 yrs. A great deal of tenured employees from all types of backgrounds. Started out in the call center, the company provides training-which is a great way to obtain your property & casusalty license. The call center there just like any other company is very busy and can build up to stress dealing with problems, billing issues, etc. from irate customers. Once I transferred into the processing division after 2.5 yrs on the phones, it was like night and day. I have a very wonderful manager who genuinely cares about employees (management can make or break you). Casual dress code (can wear jeans everday), Diversed company, Flexible Work Arrangements, I currently work from home 50% of the time which is the highlight for me. You have to keep up with your metrics or you will not be able to continue to work from home. It is not for everyone if you are not self-disciplined...don't try it. Benefits for the most part are good & cool work perks.

Cons

Allow more ETB time, personal and sick time should be separate. Holistic areas should be viewed more realistic, career development and internal job opportunities for advancement should be more gainful & plentiful, medcial insurance is way too expensive and not the greatest.

Stay and keep up with the changing times of technology, very top heavy management, FWA has saved the company from a tremendous higher turnover rate. Some change is good but not always. Listen to your valued employees and don't play politics with favoritism.

Good for a temporary job.

Former Employee - Phone Sales  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Phone Sales in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back work environment great place to work.

Cons

Company says they like to hire within don't believe it. I have 15 years insurance experience and have owned m own insurance agency. I was number 1 in sales for the whole comapny in 2012 and was in the top 3% close ration that year as well. I interviewed and applied for several marketing jobs and wasn't hired for any of them. I think they like to hire people that have no clue about the insurance industry that they can mold them to their way of thinking. SO if you get a job there really no point in trying to be the best because the person next you makes the same amount of money as you do even if you are #1. Good place to work if you can't find anything else and just need something, not a career move for sure.

Pay people that preform more especially in sales.

IT intern

Former Employee - QA Analyst  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Progressive Insurance as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Great culture and employees are recognized for their hard work!

Cons

In house IT. IT is not their main business

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Estimator Intermediate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Estimator Intermediate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Progressive Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good bonus at year-end, great people to work with, management that is always wanting to see you succeed. They seem to hire new candidates that are hard-working, with a good sense of humor.

Cons

Behind on the times in the computer technology aspect. They try to keep the work-life balance in check, but, sometimes that can be very difficult.

Progressive Insurance Photos

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!