Progressus Therapy

Great company, overall!

Former Employee - Career Services Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Career Services Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Progressus Therapy

Pros

Progressus has a great office filled with incredibly thoughtful people. Everyone was extremely nice and welcoming. They are more than willing to be flexible with your schedule and really believe in a work-life balance. Janet, the CEO is very fast paced, but overly involved. She's not too big for any problem and is more than willing to help in any way she is able.

Cons

The only con, I encountered, was salary. The commission structure is that of a corporate recruiter, paid in small bonuses, but the base salary doesn't match that type of plan. I do believe they're in the process of changing this.

Keep the culture the way it is, don't go overly corporate on it. Work on fixing the commission structure and/or raise the base salary, to cultivate an environment of success.

ok

I worked at Progressus Therapy full-time

Pros

their fine it s ok

Cons

none to be stated they

Great Company support

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Corona, CA

I worked at Progressus Therapy part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They accomodated my placement preferences and provided management support always when needed. They have many online educational libraries for professional growth. They were fair in offering increase in pay depending on experience.

Cons

Can be hard to collaborate with others in the same position since it's a large company and employees are spread out nationwide.

My experience with management was always great. They were always available.

Find another therapy company, there are plenty more out there

Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Occupational Therapist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Progressus Therapy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only way to get an OT job through SFUSD. They reimburse up to $500 in therapy supplies (but that's only because SFUSD doesn't give you anything).

Cons

NO PTO, sick days or holidays paid! As the hiring therapy company they are not at all involved in your work, growth, development, or training. HR is unexperienced. We all had to redo our W2s because of an HR error and they were not happy to reimburse the notary fee. They promise free trainings and courses, but make exuses when you ask about what's available. Sent me conflicting information regarding my benefits at the end of my contract. My insurance lapsed because they ended it too soon and they did not reimburse what they took out of my paycheck for insurance I no longer had.

Get it together. Have more oversight into what is going on with your employees. Have more support and better training for your employees. Get your HR together!

great

I have been working at Progressus Therapy

Pros

a good company takes care of his employers

Cons

nothing I can think of

Good experience overall

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist

I have been working at Progressus Therapy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive per hour rate, good benefits package, good support from corporate office, lucky with my school placement and caseload (not always the case), health insurance in the summer, pays for ASHA dues and CEUs if full-time

Cons

No sick days, no paid holidays until 2nd year, no pay over summer break, very little or no opportunity for work in the summer, school placements can be difficult, no gas money if traveling between schools, may need to split time between several schools, no pay when schools are closed

I would like to see more opportunities in district schools as opposed to charter schools. Being salaried would be even better than paid by the hour.

Working for Progressus was great....until it wasn't.

Former Employee - School Psychologist
    Former Employee - School Psychologist

I worked at Progressus Therapy full-time

Pros

For self-directed, highly motivated, organized and enthusiastic individuals, Progressus is a great place to gain work experience in the helping fields. The company does want to know what is happening in the field, because supervisors are not directly on-site most often--therefore the submission of stories and work examples to be pooled for prizes exist here. This is a good company to work for if you are a go-getter and comfortable with self-reliance and independence.

Cons

One of the most distressing factors regarding Progressus is the lack of communication and honesty between management and staff. There is a constant cloak-and-dagger feel, which means that often, very dedicated and great employees slip through. There is little sense of stability, and the most dangerous part of working for Progressus in a school-based occupation is that there are no guarantees that you will have a job past the current year. I was praised and even won an award for my performance in the field, was told that I would have a job the next school year and then, very abruptly, was told that contracts were not being renewed. Progressus waited so long to make a decision and communicate clearly about their contracts with the local schools that I lost employment opportunities for the following year--after all, interviews for one school year are held before the last one ends! Several other professionals were treated the same way.

My advice is to invest more in your people, especially those who are good, honest, compassionate, dedicated, motivated, and loyal. Be more honest about whether a person is going to have a job or not. Rather than firing and hiring constantly, consider taking professionals more seriously and as if their livelihood matters.

Pay attention to what is on your paychecks

Former Contractor - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at Progressus Therapy as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

My fellow therapists were always supportive. Direct management did the best they could.The pay rate would have been nice had I ever received an accurate paycheck.

Cons

From my first day things were disorganized. There were issues with technology required to complete my notes, lack of reimbursement for equipment, multiplying caseloads and multiple errors in my paycheck.

You need to work on management skills, communication and organization. Contact employees directly with questions instead of making assumptions.

Great experience!

Current Employee - SLP
    Current Employee - SLP

I have been working at Progressus Therapy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have had a wonderful experience with this organization over the past three years. I have always felt valued as an employee, supported and like what I said mattered. Management has always taken the time to reach out and is quick to respond. They truly want to see their employees grow as professionals and have offered great professional development over the years.

Cons

I would say its difficult working in a setting where yiu don't see the rest of the organization, but Progressus makes you feel like you are part of the team

Keep up the great work!

Great on-site staff, terrible administrative support.

I worked at Progressus Therapy

Pros

I loved my manager on-site and all of my co-workers.

Cons

The administration seems to constantly be trying to find ways to rip of its' therapists. I am currently trying to receive CEU and AOTA membership reimbursements stipulated in my contract and it is a never-ending struggle. It is taking months and I have to deal with being ignored and having people trying to find every means possible to rip me off.

Be professional; encourage professional growth.