Project Apex Reviews

Updated March 18, 2015
6 reviews filtered by
5.0
Josh Tolsma

Very competitive, awesome people!

I have been working at Project Apex

Pros

Project Apex is a cool place to work at, the people are great and best of all very genuine! Many of the managers and top representatives came from an athletic background so its safe to say, we had a lot of fun competing against each other. Development in management is key and they have a great leadership team. Time outside the office was awesome too and would always involved some sort of active activity. You can really tell that this company has a lot of room for growth. Cant wait to see what else is in store for me!

Cons

Commitment is key here, so it might be a little tough to balance home and work at first.

I loved that the management was always available to discuss certain issues, keep that up!

Mar 20, 2015CEO

Thank you for your review! At Project Apex we believe that competition tends to bring out the best of ourselves and capabilities. We really believe that if you are happy, you will work hard, and when ... More

Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Project Apex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great, fun, motivating environment. Inspiring group of professionals that were encouraging and genuinely cared about their people.

Cons

Longer hours than the normal 9-5 but the opportunity was there.

Keep it up!

Mar 17, 2015CEO

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the kind words about our team, and we are glad to have you as a part of it!

-Josh Tolsma

Great Culture. Challenging Opportunity. Learned a ton about myself.

Former Employee - Sales Representative & Leader
    Former Employee - Sales Representative & Leader

I worked at Project Apex

Pros

-Some of the most entertaining business partners you will ever get to work with.
    -Nothing but positive energy. It doesn't seem like a job when you are surrounded by people who want to see you do well and succeed.
    -Perfect hours for those who can't ever get anything done during the week such as errands, working out, time with your animals, etc.
    -Performance-based yet a guaranteed paycheck. Yes it is sales. With sales comes commission. But being my first sales job, they do a great job of taking care of you if you have a week that is sub-par.
    -Image. I finally get to wear a suit!!!
    -Everyone, including the CEO, starts at the bottom and works up as fast as they want. No matter if you're Mark Cuban, even he has to start the same way everyone else does.

Cons

-It's competitive. Underachievers don't do well here.
    -You work weekends.
    -If your personal life is a mess, it will effect your sales performance, especially pay.

Continue the entrepreneurial education. Thank you for supporting me in all that I do. I valued my time there.

Mar 13, 2015CEO

Thank you for your review!! We really value the desire to push yourself to new heights! At Project Apex, self development is extremely important to us; therefore we love to see progress and growth in ... More

The best training I've received to date

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Project Apex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The environment at Project Apex was one of the best work environments I have had the pleasure to work in. The team is friendly, highly motivated, and competitive. I am an athlete and the physical competitions on Mondays were a very fun aspect of my employment. We played flag football, Ultimate-Frisbee, bowling, etc. The team shows in every aspect of the training their concern with your progression and that was really motivating for me.

Cons

Work-life balance was the only con to what I had to experience. Everyone there had great relationships with one another so they would hang out all the time outside of work. My girlfriend got jealous from time to time. Unfortunately I had to relocate and there was no branch where I moved, therefore I had to leave the company.

Keep doing exactly what you are doing. For those who are willing to put in the necessary work this is a great opportunity to gain some experience into management.

Mar 12, 2015CEO

Thank you for the review! We really appreciate the kind words! Our Team events are a big part of our environment, and we are very glad you enjoyed them! It was a pleasure to help your progress, and ... More

Favorite Place I've Ever Worked

I have been working at Project Apex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent company culture, a TRUE team environment, plenty of growth opportunities available, an extremely commendable training program, and some pretty awesome co-workers!

Cons

I live far, so a personal "con" for me would be the commute that I have to take everyday. It doesn't matter to me though, because I love my job and what I do.

Keep growing an even better business and continue giving people the best opportunities to succeed.

Mar 12, 2015CEO

Thank you for the review!! It is an honor to be considered for your "favorite" career! Our team culture is a big aspect of our success, and we are so glad to be a part of yours!

-Josh Tolsma

Highly recommended! Brilliance at it's best!

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Project Apex full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Very up-beat and fast paced. The team here definitely loves their job, as well as where their career path is headed. The opportunity that presents itself to any individual driven and motivated to achieve, is better than most that are out there. During my time here I've learned so much about the skills that are necessary for management. Time management, DISC Profiling, basic impulse skills, public speaking, preparation, goal setting. All the things I've read about in school for business management, but have actually had the opportunity to practice here. I've never worked in an environment in which I am surrounded by people that are so success minded and motivated to better their career.

Cons

Working hard and doing what it takes to get the job done isn't for everyone.

Mar 12, 2015CEO

Thank you for your review! At Project Apex, we strive to provide "hands on" experience for those who study in the Business, Communication, Public Relations, or Marketing fields! We are very happy to ... More