Project Consulting Group

3.9

Greg McGrane

Great Progressive Consulting Organization

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Project Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company has excellent reputation and work is very interesting and rewarding with lots of name brand national companies as clients. Flexibility if you want to stay and work in the local area versus becoming a road warrior. Company is expanding nationally into a variety of metro areas. Ownership and Management is very progressive and employee friendly!

Cons

Have not encountered any cons - as an industry consulting is very fast paced with lots of diverse projects - if you like doing the same thing over and over it is probably not a profession to get into.

Keep up what you are doing - investing in new talent

Great opportunities and company to work for

I have been working at Project Consulting Group full-time

Pros

PCG has placed me on multiple long-term engagements. Solid management structure and marketplace presence. Compensation and benefits are competitive to the industry.

Cons

I have not experienced any significant cons at PCG. A few times I felt disconnected with internal PCG while being full-time at the client, although they did engage me at various points throughout my assignments, I was able to discuss items with management when needed, and they have several company-wide events during the year. I chalk this up to the nature of consulting.

Worst consulting firm I have ever worked with!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Project Consulting Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They have a couple of great project managers.

Cons

Very unethical, completely lacks integrity and treat women especially bad.

Greatly improve how you treat women, get rid of some of the management team and become a firm has ethics and values integrity!

Variety, Support, Growth and Opportunity abound.

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Project Consulting Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

PCG is a well-balanced, well-connected and well established firm that focuses on professional growth for the consultant and professional delivery for the client. I have been placed in positions at clients that have challenged me to grow my skill-set while also allowing me to perform work well within my wheelhouse. PCG has supported my continued professional goals and has generously compensated me for my contributions to the client and Project Consulting Group.

Cons

I have not experienced any negative encounters while working at PCG nor any "cons" to consider. They have been agressive in seeking new opportunities for me and extremely fair in all aspects.

Encourage your consultants to share what makes PCG different from a staffing firm

Dishonest, unethical, scammers

Former Employee - Lead Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Lead Business Systems Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Project Consulting Group

Pros

Able to get people place even when economy was down. Had a nice company holiday party. Paid for many coffees, lunches, and happy hours.

Cons

Mid to low level staff aug firm. Have some great senior project managers. They take ridiculous margins and give you an even lower cut of the rate increases. I wouldn't even return ther phone calls after doing a2 year project with them. Absolutely worst firm of its kind in town!!!

Please find some ethics!

A right-fit for employees that seek variety and challenge in their career, but you must be self-driven.

I have been working at Project Consulting Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Variety of desireable projects
    - Cross-Industry client-base with long-term partnerships
    - Steady Growth, stable organization
    - Greatest ability to customize your career to your interests and passion that I have seen in the marketplace
    - Career advancement opportunities
    - Focus on employees, their needs, growth and satisfaction - high expectations
    - Focus on superior client delivery and satisfaction, very high standards

Cons

Difficult for new employees to get a foot in the door as the standard for consultants is set high within the organization.