Project Management Institute

Add Photos

Mark A. Langley

Fast paced, great experience

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsLearned a lot, great people

ConsBuckle in - it's a fast paced company

Awesome place to work!! Great Company! Great People!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Newtown Square, PA

ProsExtremely strong senior leadership. Is there a better CEO? Not Likely. Employees are very passionate about their work. Work from home, company run with integrity, committed to their employees and it shows every single day. Understand work life balance, incredible benefits, competitive pay, casual dress environment. I could go on and on.

ConsAdvancement is encouraged but can be limited depending on which group your in.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in touch with your employees, help them grow their careers.

Could be so much better.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsHealth benefits, laid back atmosphere.

ConsPay is awful, sr. Leadership doesn't listen to anyone and they collect a paycheck they couldn't get anywhere else, CEO is very insecure and isn't genuine to others. Be prepared to stay in your job with no chance of getting promoted unless your an entry level customer care rep.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the 360 survey more seriously. HR needs to recreate job levels as its too antiquated. The top employees are leaving at a rapid rate and the CEO and VP's do nothing to retain them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work for

Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNetworking, education, knowledge, meeting new people, challenging,

ConsAs a volunteer it is great way to gain experience and keep yourself abreast with new technology

Mark Says "Sell 'Em"

Manager (Former Employee) Newtown Square, PA

ProsGreat physical location. Some great people. A lot of opportunity to get involved in projects that you wouldn't see at a larger company.

ConsTake a look at the names of the management team (below VP) and look at them now. See the difference? Virtually every single one of my peers was fired in a 2 year stretch. The only folks who appeared safe were in IT.
    When I worked there, PMI was really focused on providing quality products to a discerning audience, and the staff was very academic and research oriented. PhD's and EdD's as far as you could see. They're all gone. Now its all business school grads and talk is about revenue, not about advancing the profession.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your members and volunteers, and not exclusively to the quarterly results.
    Things were better under Greg.

Sad...could be the best non-profit.

Specialist (Current Employee) Newtown Square, PA

ProsBenefits...but don't get too excited. What's the sense in having good benefits when you likely will get fired or quit because of a new manager who wants to make an impression by wiping all of the talent out of their department?

ConsIf you are director and above, welcome to the "old boy network"...even women executives are members of the network! Your job is safe! CEO comes across as a regular guy...has quarterly "tell me how you feel" meetings. And if you speak up in those meetings you'll likely find yourself without a job. Managers come and go. They get hired, fire all of the current talent, start fresh with their own people, then end up getting fired themselves, leaving the place with talentless bottom-feeders. Sad, because when I was there, there was a tight team who would kill for one another...Only to be tortured by their inept managers and protected directors, until they left. NONE OF THEM ARE LEFT...my whole team was wiped out by a manager who just got fired!

All of the negative issues about the culture are true. Serious favoritism...creates A LOT of rumors about employees sleeping with superiors to keep their jobs or get promoted...and in some cases even THAT is true!

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to the reviews that aren't contractors or interns. Those writing on this site that are of the short-term, non-commitment world are just getting what they can and leaving. There is a revolving door of employees and the CEO doesn't even look into it...he just thinks "Oh it's because we're a non-profit." BS...people look for quality of life and bring actual talent to your organization just to be disappointed. You have the potential of attracting some of the top talent.

I also just passed the Prince2 test. I don't even want your credentials. And now that I'm in the corporate world you credentials are losing their value.

All in all, a good experience

Junior Network Engineer (Former Employee) Newtown Square, PA

ProsVery friendly environment, competitive pay, excellent team structure. Small enough to learn everyone's name, large enough to not feel smothered.

ConsSurprisingly, a bit disorganized when it comes to actually managing projects- on several occasions PMs would pull me into things that had little to nothing to do with my actual job role

Consistent revenue, but poor working environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a core of highly committed people, who believe in the mission, still have smarts in how they work, and are moving forward. They carry the rest of the organization.

ConsHigher management that is more concerned with personal perks and self than organization, gossip filled / political environment, blatant and widespread favoritism, and reactive organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime for a period of self-examination. Unfortunately, this self-examination may result in the need to replace a significant proportion of exec. management to stop the groupthink that has occurred at the organizations in the past three years.

PMI to infinity & beyond!

Senior Project Manager/Program Manager (Current Employee) Newtown, PA

ProsBest Practise and Clear strategy.Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.

ConsI Can't Sleep Because Reality in the Project Management Institute Has Finally Become Better Than My Dreams. Yet They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to do the bets that can be done

Good run

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits; work-life balance; financially stable org; dedicated volunteers

ConsHighly political; gossip abounds; inappropriate favoritism at top levels; culture in decline

Worked for Project Management Institute? Contribute to the Community!