Projectline Services

4.1
Mike Kichline

1. A really great place to grow and learn

I have been working at Projectline Services

Pros

This company cares about the well being of its employees. It allows for a great work-life balance. Compensation may be a bit lower than other firms, but the community events, philanthropic side and team at the company could make up for that depending on your preference.

Cons

Compensation is a bit lower than what I see to be average.

2. Associate Resource Manager for Microsoft

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I worked at Projectline Services

Pros

Before contract job ended, they were donating refurbished leprosy laptops. I requested 3 for our local Boys & Girls club. No questions, 3 IBMs arrived at my house. To give to this amazing organization, for my kids long ago and now my step daughter, who has cerebral pausley, attends everyday. When I delivered them, the staff was so thrilled, said most donations like this went to the main "big" club. They thanked me, I thanked Projectline, and every time we pick up our daughter, I still do.

Cons

Wish it lasted longer, or more notice. C'est la vie

Advice to Management

Don't change your values!

3. Great when your employed, but no support when a project ends

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Projectline Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people! I had a great experience working at Projectline. The benefits package isn't great, but it is consistent with what other resourcing firms are offering. Management doesn't micro-manage, and for some clients you have the option of working from your own home office which is awesome.

Cons

I don't see an effort to put existing resources back to work at the end of a project, and neither do my colleagues. This seems like the wrong approach.

Advice to Management

Double down on existing talent. Newer candidates are going to grow the business slower than existing ones. Maintain relationships with separated talent because they will eventually end up elsewhere and could very well be your "in" with a new client.

5. Helping marketers to ensure the best result on there events through Microsoft

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, dress code, flexibly

Cons

Salary, Job development/growth, Direction, Communication

6. Great place to start!

Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Social Media Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is super friendly, great place to start after college, full benefits and paid vacations

Cons

As a contractor it's hard to feel like you're really a part of the office

Start you career here then leave for more money

I have been working at Projectline Services

Pros

Projectline is willing to give people with little to no experience in some marketing operations roles. Great place to learn and grow new skills

Cons

Bill rate compared to salary of the individual is very high sometimes as large as a 50% margin. Managers are not willing to share with employee their bill rate. Learning the skills and then leaving for competitor at higher pay

Advice to Management

This isn't a frat house. You can't win people over with beer and mariners games. Pay people what they are worth and try to really invest in career development instead of just talking about it in theory

Great culture, wonderful environment, amazing people, mediocre salary.

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, culture, atmosphere, environment is wonderful. Transparency is great and employees are cared for and shown much appreciation. Room to explore different opportunities.

Cons

Salary is average, and often unclear on how performance is measured. Promotions, salary increases, or bonuses don't seem to have a specific standard or outline on how to achieve them. Oftentimes doesn't seem like it's performance based but rather the temperament/mentality of the manager.

Advice to Management

Set standards and guidelines on how to achieve promotions or salary increases and make it transparent and clear across all managers and areas.

Fun company, great atmosphere, good place to start your career.

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of good things about the people who work at Projectline. I consider the folks that I work with to be my friends. We have fun together.

As a marketing consulting firm you are also afforded the opportunity to transition between roles somewhat often and as such there are lots of opportunities to learn new things.

The work-life balance is great. I never feel pressured to stay late unless client work is really piling up.

Benefits are good. They won't blow you out of the water but they're entirely comparable to and competitive with other similar companies.

Cons

Be prepared to stay happy with your starting salary—or something close to it. Don't go in expecting to get more than a 3-5% raise on your yearly review. Projectline tends to pay right around or slightly below average.

The quality of management varies greatly between individual managers. At times I've found myself disappointed due to the lack of confidence I have in my manager or the lack of support I feel I have from that person. However, others have great managers who support their direct reports very well.

Advice to Management

Consider increasing salaries across the board. Even something small in lieu of things like free beer and wine or all the (probably) expensive organic food/snacks would be welcome.

Be more transparent and consistent regarding experience levels or yearly reviews.

Good company

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Projectline Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, caring management, philanthropic

Cons

Lower compensation than comparable companies

Advice to Management

N/a

Projectline is a good place to work, good benefits and no micromanaging.

Former Contractor - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Projectline Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits, work-life balance, no micromanaging and they try to make it a fun culture.

Cons

not a good place to grow, there weren't any higher level positions that fit my particular career path. Also, since most people are doing something completely different in the office, no one really gets to know each other that well.

Advice to Management

Overall, the management is good and Projectline is a good place to start your career.

Projectline Services Photos