Projectline Services

www.projectlineinc.com

Projectline Services Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Mike Kichline

Great culture, wonderful environment, amazing people, mediocre salary.

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe people, culture, atmosphere, environment is wonderful. Transparency is great and employees are cared for and shown much appreciation. Room to explore different opportunities.

ConsSalary is average, and often unclear on how performance is measured. Promotions, salary increases, or bonuses don't seem to have a specific standard or outline on how to achieve them. Oftentimes doesn't seem like it's performance based but rather the temperament/mentality of the manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet standards and guidelines on how to achieve promotions or salary increases and make it transparent and clear across all managers and areas.

Limited interest in helping contractors find work

Marketing Strategist (Former Employee) Redmond, WA

ProsGood benefits with many paid and floating holidays, vacation, sick time, and after-hour activities. They do a great job of on-boarding contractors, and making sure they have what they need to do their jobs. Plus, they're located in Smith Town, which is a joy to visit.

ConsIf your contract isn't renewed or comes to an end, their attitude is "It's not our job to find you another job." They truly expect contractors to be on the look-out for their next opportunity, and won't offer any support if you're having an issue on the job, which could jeopardize your contract from being renewed.

I was in a horrific situation where another Projectline vendor was managing other Projectline vendors because the FTE didn't have the time or interest. This vendor worked 5 hours a week, and most of the time was clueless as to what I was doing, failed to accurately report to the FTE what I was doing, and had no interest in spending any more than 10 minutes on the phone with me weekly to learn what I was doing. Projectline was aware of the situation, and didn't intervene because their interest lies with their client and not the contractor. They had no interest in hearing my side of the situation.

Worse, another Projectline contractor from day one deliberately competed against me, making me look bad in the eyes of the client. The contractor went so far as to intentionally undermine my efforts, alter my work, and cast doubt on my strategies and work product. Projectline was fully aware of this contractor's tactics and mendacities, and didn't work with her to teach her how to be a better collaborator and team member.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile there might be a constant stream of people applying for contract roles, there's a plethora of temporary agencies who offer the same level of benefits, but are more willing to ensure there's a strong, long-term relationship between the contractor and the client. Treating people as irrelevant is a bad policy.

Start you career here then leave for more money

ProsProjectline is willing to give people with little to no experience in some marketing operations roles. Great place to learn and grow new skills

ConsBill rate compared to salary of the individual is very high sometimes as large as a 50% margin. Managers are not willing to share with employee their bill rate. Learning the skills and then leaving for competitor at higher pay

Advice to Senior ManagementThis isn't a frat house. You can't win people over with beer and mariners games. Pay people what they are worth and try to really invest in career development instead of just talking about it in theory

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun company, great atmosphere, good place to start your career.

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThere are lots of good things about the people who work at Projectline. I consider the folks that I work with to be my friends. We have fun together.

As a marketing consulting firm you are also afforded the opportunity to transition between roles somewhat often and as such there are lots of opportunities to learn new things.

The work-life balance is great. I never feel pressured to stay late unless client work is really piling up.

Benefits are good. They won't blow you out of the water but they're entirely comparable to and competitive with other similar companies.

ConsBe prepared to stay happy with your starting salary—or something close to it. Don't go in expecting to get more than a 3-5% raise on your yearly review. Projectline tends to pay right around or slightly below average.

The quality of management varies greatly between individual managers. At times I've found myself disappointed due to the lack of confidence I have in my manager or the lack of support I feel I have from that person. However, others have great managers who support their direct reports very well.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider increasing salaries across the board. Even something small in lieu of things like free beer and wine or all the (probably) expensive organic food/snacks would be welcome.

Be more transparent and consistent regarding experience levels or yearly reviews.

Good company

Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsFlexible schedule, caring management, philanthropic

ConsLower compensation than comparable companies

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

Projectline is a good place to work, good benefits and no micromanaging.

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosgood benefits, work-life balance, no micromanaging and they try to make it a fun culture.

Consnot a good place to grow, there weren't any higher level positions that fit my particular career path. Also, since most people are doing something completely different in the office, no one really gets to know each other that well.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, the management is good and Projectline is a good place to start your career.

Projectline is an extraordinary company.

Writer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsProjectline is an amazing company filled with smart, creative people who relish big ideas and who enjoy working with clients to bring those ideas to life. I've learned over the years that a culture of excellence doesn't just happen. It takes outstanding leadership and a ton of commitment. Projectline's leadership team excels at articulating a clear, bold vision and then working with every employee to help him/her deliver their very best in support of that vision. It's a great place to work.

ConsNo "cons." This is a fantastic company.

Amazing, intelligent people committed to producing excellent work

Senior Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsImpressive client list
    Continued education funds
    Flexible work schedule
    Management team that truly cares for their employees
    Passionate about their mission
    Growth opportunities

Having worked at Projectline the past six years, I can honestly say this is such a great company to work for. The people employed here are so intelligent and talented and they continue to push me to be a better consultant.

Projectline has passionate leaders who are driven and optimistic and they continue achieving their goals, growing the company, and making decisions with more than just profit in mind. They are always looking out for the good of their employees and they recognize that without amazing people, success would not be possible.

ConsThe success of Projectline has come with some rapid growth periods. Because of this, there have been time frames where the company has had to make necessary adjustments to keep up such as an added layer of management. However, during the gap of growth and adjustments, some employees may have felt a lack of support and direction from management.

Genuine company with its employees' best interests in mind.

Pros-Great People
    -Great Environment
    -Socially aware and responsible
    -Strong Growth opportunities

Cons-Some growing pains as the company continues to expand. Sometimes feels as though the company infrastructure is playing catch-up with company growth

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to instill the "start-up" feel as the company grows. This will become more difficult as we become larger and more geographically diverse, but continue to make efforts to keep all employees connected regardless of location.

Junior employees and recent grads this is a good place for you.

Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGood place to gain some experience as a junior employee/recent grad or if your main focus is work/life balance. Make sure you hire in at a salary you can live with for a while because increases are scarce or low.

ConsVery little opportunity for career advancement, growth or diversification. If you are looking to do more, or contribute you could be viewed as "problem" because it's interpreted that you are not happy where you are at. For a small company it can be very political and you need to mind you P's & Q's.

Worked for Projectline Services? Contribute to the Community!