Prologis Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Prologis Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer Hamid R. Moghadam
Hamid R. Moghadam

1. Featured Review

Best company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Property Management Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Property Management Administrative Assistant in Fremont, CA

I worked at Prologis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is very important. Prologis is a company that prides themselves with the talent they behold. They keep the employees informed on all company goals

Cons

Could be more opportunities for advancement

2. Good new job

Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, everyone is very helpful, they go out of their way to introduce themselves if they dont know you yet, and setting you up with the systems takes a couple weeks. Good new orientation training to get you all set up.

Cons

Most jobs require a Bachelors minimum , so the drug test was off putting. Took a very long time at the facilities (concentra). Also I started about a week and half after i accepted the job, and it was contingent on the reference checks. Why couldnt you have done it before ?

VP

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

Great company culture and values. In general, people enjoy coming to work and working together. Comp and benefits are good. Entrepreneurial values means that if you have a great idea, it will get heard. Good career opportunities and growth for entry- to mid-level personnel.

Cons

Leadership fragmented by function and geography. Company needs to rationalize its structure -- job overlap and redundancy make it hard to get some things done. Organization exhibits many classic behavioral issues from "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team." Limited career growth for mid- to senior-level; crowded near the top.

Advice to Management

Without standardized structure and clearer back-office responsibilities, organizational effectiveness is hampered. Most mergers necessitate a 'second wave' of restructuring to optimize operations. This didn't really happen at Prologis.

5. Disappointed but grateful for the opportunity.

I worked at Prologis

Pros

Excellent company, great benefits, great medical coverage.

Cons

My office in particular, not indicative of the company, had a disconnect with the office powers that be. There was/is no transparency.

6. Great company to work

Current Employee - Due Diligence Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Due Diligence Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Prologis

Pros

Global company and offer over market salary

Cons

Too big that the company start to loss focus with their talented employees

Advice to Management

Keep the company culture real

After over a year at Prologis

Current Employee - Applications Architect in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Applications Architect in Denver, CO

I have been working at Prologis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a respect that is given to everyone and everyone hired is presumed to be great at their job.
    If you show you are 100% committed by delivering, there isn't much the company will not do that supports your success in your role.
    I work in IT and the organization really focuses on good relationships within the organization so we can avoid those small people problems that can fester sometimes when one gets task oriented.
    The company provides complimentary soft drinks and coffee and the gourmet cafeteria is so good, even the C-Level employees can be found most days eating there. And to add to that, the company subsidizes the cafeteria so employees eat for about half price. This fosters employees to eat lunch together and it works.
    The company sponsors many fund raisers for the community where they pay for the employees to participate, for example bowling for Junior Achievement or Golf tournament to raise money for a local charity. The company allocates a certain number of volunteer hours so you can volunteer during business hours and not use your personal vacation time.
    There are huge expectations so it's not a free ride, but with the team work and the resources available, if you are skillful in your craft, you will likely succeed here. And when you do, there are great rewards. Last year the bonus was above what was expected.
    Company supports family by allowing temporary, slight adjustments in your schedule when you have a sick child or family need.

Cons

It's hard to think of any, except perhaps some of the IT customers on the business side can be very demanding and hard to please, but with the right attitude, that's just an opportunity in reverse.

Advice to Management

Implement 360 performance reviews for all employees.

8. Dead end for IT

Former Employee - Information Technology in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Denver, CO

I worked at Prologis

Pros

Big company with lots of money and growing business.

Cons

They are moving down the outsourcing rabbit hole at light speed. The first and only question is who can we outsource this to and will remove systems from the data centers. From the top of the company it has been dictated to get out IT. Helpdesk -outsourced. Applications - outsourced. Infrastructure - closing down data centers. Email - outsourced. Communications - outsourced. SSO-outsourced.

What is left? Not much.

You've been warned. You will be miss led from the beginning as I was and others that have seen the light and left.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say, this comes from the very top. It will be years before this cycle is busted for them. You think this will make you agile and reduce your IT responsibilities, clueless.

Prologis Response

Mar 10, 2015Prologis IT Department

Prologis embraces new technology and is always looking for ways to make our business shine. Our culture is fast-paced, and because of that we are able to offer people a nimble and exciting place to ... More

9. The best global real estate company around

I have been working at Prologis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been lucky enough to work at a number of offices and had enjoyed a working environment where the scale of the business is huge (USD 50 billion of assets) while the number of employees is limited (~1400). This allows each role to be fairly broad and allows for a fairly entreprenurial atmosphere. I find many of my colleagues to be bright and dedicated. For those interested in an international career in real estate, I believe that Prologis is easily the best platform around.

Cons

The downside of the smaller workforce is that as you proceed in your career, new opportunities to move up become fewer and farther between.

10. Great Company

I have been working at Prologis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong positive corporate culture
    Innovative
    Made many positive changes in the last couple of years.
    We are past the growing pains of the merger in 2011

Cons

Lack of growth in certain markets

11. Property Accountant

I worked at Prologis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clear pathway for promotions and multiple steps

Cons

Work can be tedious and not enough to fill in a day

RSS Feed </> Embed