Prologis Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Prologis Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer Hamid R. Moghadam
Hamid R. Moghadam

1. Excellent benefits and perks

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Prologis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits and perks, compared to others.

Cons

Job opportunities aren't posted internally to allow existing personnel the opportunity to be considered.

Advice to Management

Administrative Assistants are not given the recognition they deserve

2. Administrative Assistant

I worked at Prologis full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Fast paced work, entrepreneurial, individual training offered and management team is great. Great pay, bonuses, benefits and 401k.

Cons

Benefits are not the greatest. Work environment and work life balance varies by direct manager.

3. Work/Life Balance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Prologis (More than 5 years)

Pros

The large majority of people working there are very nice and very competent, and they value collaboration so you can always find somebody to help with a task when needed. Middle management tries to accommodate their respective department members to help maintain the work/life balance and overall morale of their group. For example some allow you to work remotely as needed.

Cons

At the executive level they seem very un-accommodating and out of touch. This was not the case before a company merger that took place a few years ago. Also the benefits are pretty bare minimum.

5. Good Company - Subpar Compensation

I worked at Prologis full-time

Pros

Great company; smart, fun workforce with challenging projects

Cons

Subpar compensation, not sure how they gauge 'competitive salary' but relative to industry peers it is not. All the money stays at the top, they do a poor job of passing it around.

Advice to Management

Step up compensation to retain talent beyond management

6. Unique opportunities and great people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

Great place to get global experience, yet still feels like a smaller company in many ways. It's easy to get the tools and resources I need to succeed. The work environment is the best I have experienced by far. The people are great - most have drive and passion for their work and the company.

Cons

The company culture is not as progressive and dynamic as it could or should be, and it risks becoming complacent. The company is big enough to get away with that for a while.

7. solid company falling into the bureaucracy trap

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

smart and driven teams, collegial environment, stable company outlook

Cons

slow decision-making, lack of empowerment and little value given to non-real estate/finance functions

Advice to Management

streamline decision making, empower teams and provide career growth opportunities to avoid talent drain

8. great opportunities

Former Employee - Senior Communications Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Communications Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

At Prologis I was given opportunity to stretch and take on projects in which I learned a great deal. Worked for the best boss I've had in my 30 years in the workforce.

Cons

Don't work in San Francisco

Prologis Response

Jul 9, 2015 – Prologis Human Resources Department

Prologis works hard to give our employees access to a wide range of career-enhancing opportunities. Our recently completed Employee Engagement Survey, which had an unprecedented 98-percent response ... More

9. Good new job

Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, everyone is very helpful, they go out of their way to introduce themselves if they dont know you yet, and setting you up with the systems takes a couple weeks. Good new orientation training to get you all set up.

Cons

Most jobs require a Bachelors minimum , so the drug test was off putting. Took a very long time at the facilities (concentra). Also I started about a week and half after i accepted the job, and it was contingent on the reference checks. Why couldnt you have done it before ?

VP

I have been working at Prologis full-time

Pros

Great company culture and values. In general, people enjoy coming to work and working together. Comp and benefits are good. Entrepreneurial values means that if you have a great idea, it will get heard. Good career opportunities and growth for entry- to mid-level personnel.

Cons

Leadership fragmented by function and geography. Company needs to rationalize its structure -- job overlap and redundancy make it hard to get some things done. Organization exhibits many classic behavioral issues from "The Five Dysfunctions of a Team." Limited career growth for mid- to senior-level; crowded near the top.

Advice to Management

Without standardized structure and clearer back-office responsibilities, organizational effectiveness is hampered. Most mergers necessitate a 'second wave' of restructuring to optimize operations. This didn't really happen at Prologis.

11. Disappointed but grateful for the opportunity.

Pros

Excellent company, great benefits, great medical coverage.

Cons

My office in particular, not indicative of the company, had a disconnect with the office powers that be. There was/is no transparency.

RSS Feed </> Embed