Prologis

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Hamid R. Moghadam

Was a great place until things went south

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA very professional organization, led by some very intelligent people; yet still had a "fun" atmosphere

ConsChallenges of meeting quarterly numbers. When things went bad it seems the answer was to let people go

Advice to Senior ManagementTake along term approach on human capital. I know it is a tough, but try to hold on to people as long as you can. A lot of knowledge and good people went out the door just to minimize the impact of a few bad quarters

Overall very positive until the change in management.

Property Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood life-work balance, not much else

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement. Old boys club in upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees.

ProLogis Review

Vice President (Former Employee) Cranbury, NJ

ProsEmployees are treated like professionals, strong company values regarding employees, leadership gives good direction then lets the employee do their job without much interference or micro-management.

ConsTraining was limited and infrequent and upper management freely admitted that. You were left on your own to learn their systems and apply them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training regarding systems would be helpful for create a more productive environment for employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid, stable company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsGlobal footprint, great people to work with at a non-executive level and top notch engineers.

ConsManagement constantly changes direction in IT. IT management goals and objectives are one-sided without input from key resources in IT. Poor IT organizational structure, which creates confusion on roles and responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the resources that have the knowledge and experience to manage the global environments.

Learned a lot, but low pay

Property Accountant II (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat job to learn the ropes, good benefits, had good procedures in place, a nice cafeteria with reasonably priced food, fitness center, free parking.

ConsCorporate politics made the workplace uncomfortable at times (but what workplace isn't like this?), pay low compared to other companies, lack of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just SAY you'll communicate with employees, actually do it. Keeping employees in the dark about major events makes them feel afraid and disrespected.

Great Industrial Real Estate Company to work for

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsClear, concise and user friendly forms and procedures. Great balance of quality customer service and commitment to profitability of the company. Associates are team players.

ConsOpportunities for advancement are rare as vacancies in positions and new positions are rare.

The OBC - Old Boys Club

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLocation, cool office, charitable, employee perks

ConsDisjointed groups, arrogant leaders, management by fear, long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementToo fat and arrogant at the top ... abolish the old boys club

When the economy tanked, they went dirty FAST!

Administrative Staff (Former Employee) Cranbury, NJ

ProsI started before the Recession in 2008. The company culture was awesome, the pay was great, and the work was interesting and challenging. I had great hopes for the future with this company--they seemed to have everything going for them. The layoffs came quickly after the recession hit and the company's stock prices tanked; however, the severance packages were generous, and there were surprisingly few hard feelings, because the company took good care of the employees they were letting go.

ConsThe management became destructive. After a couple of rounds of layoffs, they no longer wanted to pay the generous severance packages, but they still needed to consolidate and trim staff. So. They started writing up employees and terminating them for cause. Good employees, GOOD PEOPLE who had been there for years and had never had a single writeup for performance were now being written up, demoted and ultimately shown to the door.

Bear in mind, when you terminate an employee for cause, they can't collect unemployment, and you can't use ProLogis as an employer reference, because they'll tell anyone inquiring that you were terminated for cause. It's devastating to the employee's livelihood and career. ProLogis didn't care, though--they went ahead and did it, and trashed careers for the sake of the bottom line. This wasn't one or two cases that I saw, either; I saw it happen at least seven times in the eastern region and in the corporate headquarters in a six-month period.

Some of the employees who were older may not have recovered at all--it was that crushing. And I can't even begin to cover the psychological toll of going through this process after going through two rounds of layoffs and picking up the slack to cover for the employees who were laid off..

So, in economic good times, they're a great company, but if the economy sours, then you should either run or lawyer up.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play dirty in the age of the internet.

Pretty good company

Property Accountant II (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsLots of PTO and depending on boss flexible schedules.

ConsNeed to hire more employees to help play catch up

Good ol' boy club - Admin levels are definitely looked as grunts

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsHonestly, I don't have to much to say as the Pros. Wish I did

ConsManagement was nice to your face but then horrible behind your back. Property Managers were acted as through the admins were grunts that were on the lower spectrum of life. Personal life was a big no no. God forbid your child was sick. Was glad to leave. I have seen a new Admin Assist. job posting for this company almost every month since I left. Apparently I'm not the only one.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour "grunts" are the people who keep the office running smoothly. Don't let the Property managers belittle them so much. People have emergencies, they will never LIVE for the job so stop treating them like they have to

Worked for Prologis? Contribute to the Community!