Promark Research

Updated June 26, 2014
Updated June 26, 2014
2.4

Steven L Werner

One of the best jobs I have ever had.

Former Employee - Interviewer At Survey Research Firm  in  Idaho Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Interviewer At Survey Research Firm in Idaho Falls, ID

I worked at Promark Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

The inter action with people. The pace of work.

Cons

There is none I can think of.

I hope to work for you again.

It was a job

I worked at Promark Research part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a pretty easy job. If you can read, you can do it.

Cons

People REALLY don't like being called to complete surveys and you get hung up on a lot. Also, you don't know if you work that day until you call the work line.

Phone Interviewer

Former Employee - Interviewer At Survey Research Firm  in  Huntsville, TX
    Former Employee - Interviewer At Survey Research Firm in Huntsville, TX

I worked at Promark Research part-time for less than a year

Pros

You work behind the scenes as an interviewer. Attire is extremely lax, as you don't have to be seen by "customers". Most of the employees in my area were college students, so the environment is a bit relaxed. It's nice. Management were nice enough in my location (Huntsville, TX).

You choose which days you are willing to work. However...see cons. You get prizes for being a top caller, sometimes a giftcard of $100, if you're lucky.

Cons

You have to cold call and deal with those who don't want to be bothered. There WILL be emotional abuse and you have to know how to deal with rejection, or else this is not the job for you. I couldn't stay at this job for more than 6 months.

You choose which days you are willing to work, but they will only call you in if they need you. If you've proven to be a top producer, then they are more likely to call you in to work. Hence, the hours are not regular at all.

It is a research company, so you're calling do conduct interviews on a plethora of subjects, such as products, experiences at certain stores versus others, and extremely BIASED political interviews. They say they're not biased, but they totally are, and it will p**s off the people you're calling. So beware.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay is just OK, but job is a godsend if you're desperate.

Current Employee - Interviewer  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Interviewer in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Promark Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very easy. You just read off of a script and follow protocols for virtually any scenario you might encounter. Sometimes very interesting. You make your own schedule so you get to plan your work around your life rather than your life around your work. I applied for this job as a last resort. I'm overqualified for it, but after being out of work for so long due to battling cancer (I won the battle!), I had a hard time finding work. This place hires anyone, which would explain the high turnover rate...straight out of high school kids are too lazy and don't realize how easy they have it here and quit. But if you WANT to work, and think you can handle constant use of your verbal skills and your vocal cords, this job is a great fit.

Cons

Few breaks, and they're short (although paid). Can get very repetitive. The pay should be raised at least for the top notch interviewers, even if by a dollar.

More breaks or longer breaks. Up the pay to $10.

ok first job

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Houston, TX

I have been working at Promark Research part-time for less than a year

Pros

easy job
    better pay than minimum wage

Cons

not stable
    getting cursed at constantly by people you call

stop hiring so many people when you dont even have enough hours to give

Boring, stressfull, get yelled at a lot, choose your hours

Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer  in  Huntsville, TX
    Former Employee - Telephone Interviewer in Huntsville, TX

I worked at Promark Research part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to make your own schedule. you have to work at least a full shift on sunday and 1 weekday but from there you can work as little or as much as you want.

The job is easy enough... if you like reading off a screen and getting yelled at by the people your calling.

Cons

Because this company is a survey company you arrive at work, find a computer, sit down clock in and set your phone to ready mode on the survey number supervisor gives you and the auto dialer takes over from there. you could do the same survey multiple days in a row or you could only do it for a couple hours. but you have no control over whom you call.

the company will only accept one response from a customer to never call them again (well 2 but just slightly different from eachother) "do not ever call me again" or "put me on your do not call list" anything else and we mark it as declined, hung up, etc and you get called back again 1-2 hours later, which REALLY pisses the client off because they just told you they didn't want to do the survey, if they didn't want to do it then they don't want to now, but the company doesn't care

because of the lack of care from the company towards the clients a lot of them were upset with you and frequently would yell and scream, mostly because they were on the do not call registry and didn't understand that survey companies are exempt from it. so about 1/8 of the calls you got someone to complete the survey, half the time they straight up hung up on you before you got halfway through saying whom you were and the rest yelled at you.

overall it made for a stressful work envrioment. the call center was this tiny little building that held maybe 30 people tops

worst upon worst, the pay sucked too... min wage for high stress job, least they could do is offer better pay or even bonus' for getting more surveys completed, some kind of compensation.

Offer better pay to compensate the high lv of stress people ahve to go through. get rid of the the calling people back if they declined you're only asking for a lawsuit of harassment if you keep it up, get a better location and warn people ahead of time if you expect the amount of work available to go down all the sudden!

A great career starter

Current Employee - Cati-Technician  in  The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Cati-Technician in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Promark Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of hours and friendly people.

Cons

Few if no breaks, irregular work hours, and understaffed positions.

Any other job is more rewarding than this one

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Promark Research part-time for less than a year

Pros

The HR people will hire anyone.
    You don't need any sort of actual reading skills to be hired
    It's a guaranteed job
    Great for a second job or in-between job

Cons

My job was to oversee the interviewing staff as a floor supervisor. There's too many gang bangers and ghetto superstars running around for anyone to take the job seriously. And even if there weren't, there is no incentive to take the job seriously. Due to the poorest hiring standards that I've ever encountered, my job was almost impossible to pull off. If you apply, you will be called and then asked questions to see how you sound on the phone. Good news for any applicant is that they don't actually care, you really just need to answer your phone and be willing to work for what they are paying. Then you will go in for an interview and will be given the reading test. All you have to do to pass this test is show up. If you get words wrong, they will just correct you and congratulate you on getting them right. If you think you did well on your test, then you would be part of the minority there. Once you're hired and for those that actually care or try to do well, they use and abuse you until there is no hope left in you that things will get better.

It doesn't matter what advice I would give, because you wouldn't listen anyway. You obviously have a system that works for you and that system is to put warm bodies in seats so that you're not fraudulently billing your clients. You had people like me to to try and make sure they were doing their jobs right, but with 80% of your staff being just a warm body to fill a seat, there isn't much I could do. On top of that your "promark way" of doing things which is just another way of saying fall in line or stand in the unemployment line. It's amazing that you've managed to stay in business this long.

A cross between Nazi Germany and Hell...

Current Employee - Interviewer  in  Huntsville, TX
    Current Employee - Interviewer in Huntsville, TX

I have been working at Promark Research part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Slightly over minimum wage
    - Choose your work days
    - No physical labor
    - Anyone with an IQ over 10 can most likely do this job

Cons

- Though over minimum wage, it's not enough for what you have to deal with
    - Rules that make high school seem like Disneyland
    - Ancient equipment
    - Monotonous job
    - Ridiculous write-up policies
    - The company loves to point out how unimportant and replaceable the employees truly are
    - No incentives save that of keeping your job...the few they had are now gone
    - No hours guaranteed
    - The constant reminder from management that breaks are given only through the grace of the comp., not through any type of necessity or obligation
    - Obvious that the company could care less about it's employees
    _ 99.9% of all polls are biased push polls

- Lighten up a bit...
    - Give your employees some incentive (other than not being fired) to show up and do a good job..(regular raises, bonus of some kind, regular, not sporadic breaks out of the kindness of your tiny hearts )
    - Rethink your cancellation and sick day policy...as well as your tardiness policy (seriously, does Hitler own the company???!!!???)
     - Remember that your business is production based...or in other words:
    Remember that : ""A HAPPY EMPLOYEE IS A PRODUCTIVE EMPLOYEE!!!""

Interesting...

Former Employee - Surveyor  in  Huntsville, TX
    Former Employee - Surveyor in Huntsville, TX

I worked at Promark Research

Pros

-Anybody is able to do the job
    -Kind of challenging
    -Shift will start in the afternoon, but it could go on into midnight

Cons

-You work with a lot of unintelligent individuals
    -Though the shift starts late, it goes on late
    -The job can get routine and becomes monotonous
    -Management walks around with a whip (figuratively)

The job alone is boring. Management walking around cracking the whip and not letting people enjoy work only causes people to not do their job properly

Worked for Promark Research? Contribute to the Community!