Prometheus Real Estate Group

Reset
3.8
Jackie Safier

1. Best company ever

Pros

They actually care. This was the best company I've ever worked for! You want to fight to work here!

Cons

none. this is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

none.

2. Good place to work

Former Employee - Home Office in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Home Office in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Good work life balance Fun events

Cons

I have no cons about them

Advice to Management

I have no advice for mgmt

3. Maintenance Technician

Former Employee - Service Technician in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Service Technician in San Jose, CA

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good things about working for this company. The culture and the desire to innovate was a welcome relief from other employers. The environment and the people I worked with was probably the best part about the job.

Cons

The company treats its "neighbors" or residents better than they treat their employees. If a resident has a problem, we were expected to bend over backwards for them regardless of how ridiculous the issue. If an employee has an issue, good luck getting that resolved from anyone in management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as well or better than your "neighbors" and you will see more satisfied employees and improvement in productivity and a willingness to cooperate in the cultural atmosphere you are trying to implement.

5. A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Prometheus is a Great Place to Work. People are friendly and Top Management is really approachable. We have a lot of fun on a regular basis.

Cons

Fast pace and limited budget.

Advice to Management

Jackie is the reason why I joined Prometheus. She is genuine and listen to everyone. It might be beneficial sometimes to take the time to pause and reflect.

6. Just OK

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Good pay compared to rest of industry.

Cons

If you are old or overweight you will not get promoted to Home Office job. Even if you win multiple awards. Way too many politics, once hired you can't go to a larger property until they decide when you can go even if you're ready. A lot of cut throat type management going on.

Advice to Management

Do not discriminate

Prometheus Real Estate Group Response

Jul 1, 2015 – Director of HR & Training

Hello, We appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves on being a Great Place to Work, so we are disappointed when a Promethean has had a bad experience. If you would like to discuss this ... More

7. Good work life balance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Pros

Believes in giving back to the community Jackie Safier is a great leader and very approachable Lots of internal opportunities to learn and grow internally The company had a lot of old timers who just kept getting promoted because of their tenure instead of skill set. The deadwood is all gone now

Cons

Salaries are low in general The corporate gets more opportunities than the field Your work situation depends on your boss The HR department does not maintain confidentiality. Unless you are a manager, you can be assured that you will not get any justice in case of any issue. HR will always side your manager, fire you and spread bad stories about you. Have seen it happen too many times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Middle management needs more training

Great ideas. Poor field management.

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company's culture is great. I really like how they focus on putting everyone on board with how we do things at Prometheus. I like how we're updated on the company's development; it makes me feel good to be with a company that strives.

Cons

Although it's great that there's a lot of opportunity for promotions, there are just some people who need to be taught leadership skills. "Micro-managing is a great way to lead a team!" said nobody ever. There are Property Managers and Assistant Property Managers... and surprisingly, fellow Leasing Specialists, who go on power trips which make it very difficult for one to stay employed with them. It's a 'do as I say, not as I do,' type of management. There's a lot of young first-time managers who don't know how to effectively lead a team and are definitely not team players. A lot of the people I work with have only work experience in retail and restaurant, and are now working in an office without any office etiquette. You'll feel like you're in middle school again instead of a professional environment. Also, you can't trust anyone here. You can't even trust Promethean Services (Human Resources). There is a lot of favoritsm involved in this company and if you open up to Promethean Services with an issue you think would be kept confidential, it'll get around before you know it and the results will be against you. I don't even think they're properly educated to be in a HR role.

Advice to Management

Listen to everyone's voice, not just anyone with a managerial role. And, teach effective leadership skills because some people are unaware of what those are.

Prometheus Real Estate Group Response

Apr 10, 2015 – Director of HR & Training

Hello, I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you feel there are issues with management at your property as Prometheus certainly strives to ... More

Best in a Sea of Companies

Current Employee - Property Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company has really revitalized it's brand and is turning heads. The company is people focused. Great benefits plan, opportunities to be promoted within, and a community environment. You are never alone, always supported.

Cons

The pay is competitive, but certainly not the top paying companies.

Advice to Management

Take care of your Prometheans and we will take care of you.

10. Could use better training. Staff is fun to work with. Some managers should be reassessed for the job.

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist

Pros

Coworkers are fun to work with. Decent commission

Cons

Managers don't listen to employees ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Embrace change if something isn't working

11. I am truly home at work

Pros

You get to be yourself! Your voice is heard and the culture promotes creativity, innovation, and teamwork. I love not only my immediate work team, but collaborating with other teams. We have cream of the crop properties and cream of the crop employees to run them.

Cons

I wish we all got together as a company more, it is great that we are located in several regions but there are several amazing Prometheans I only see once a year.

RSS Feed </> Embed