Prometheus Real Estate Group

3.8
Jackie Safier

1. Best in a Sea of Companies

Current Employee - Property Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company has really revitalized it's brand and is turning heads. The company is people focused. Great benefits plan, opportunities to be promoted within, and a community environment. You are never alone, always supported.

Cons

The pay is competitive, but certainly not the top paying companies.

Advice to Management

Take care of your Prometheans and we will take care of you.

Great ideas. Poor field management.

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company's culture is great. I really like how they focus on putting everyone on board with how we do things at Prometheus. I like how we're updated on the company's development; it makes me feel good to be with a company that strives.

Cons

Although it's great that there's a lot of opportunity for promotions, there are just some people who need to be taught leadership skills. "Micro-managing is a great way to lead a team!" said nobody ever. There are Property Managers and Assistant Property Managers... and surprisingly, fellow Leasing Specialists, who go on power trips which make it very difficult for one to stay employed with them. It's a 'do as I say, not as I do,' type of management. There's a lot of young first-time managers who don't know how to effectively lead a team and are definitely not team players. A lot of the people I work with have only work experience in retail and restaurant, and are now working in an office without any office etiquette. You'll feel like you're in middle school again instead of a professional environment.

Also, you can't trust anyone here. You can't even trust Promethean Services (Human Resources). There is a lot of favoritsm involved in this company and if you open up to Promethean Services with an issue you think would be kept confidential, it'll get around before you know it and the results will be against you. I don't even think they're properly educated to be in a HR role.

Advice to Management

Listen to everyone's voice, not just anyone with a managerial role. And, teach effective leadership skills because some people are unaware of what those are.

Prometheus Real Estate Group Response

Apr 10, 2015Director of HR & Training

Hello,

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel there are issues with management at your property as Prometheus certainly strives to
    ... More

3. Could use better training. Staff is fun to work with. Some managers should be reassessed for the job.

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group

Pros

Coworkers are fun to work with. Decent commission

Cons

Managers don't listen to employees ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Embrace change if something isn't working

5. I am truly home at work

Pros

You get to be yourself! Your voice is heard and the culture promotes creativity, innovation, and teamwork. I love not only my immediate work team, but collaborating with other teams. We have cream of the crop properties and cream of the crop employees to run them.

Cons

I wish we all got together as a company more, it is great that we are located in several regions but there are several amazing Prometheans I only see once a year.

6. Satisfied Leasing Specialist

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in San Jose, CA

Pros

I have been here for just over a year and I really like my team. We get along great and so far everyone i have meet are pretty good too.

Cons

I always hear from others that we have a great team across the board but i haven't had a chance to meet everyone yet. it would be nice to actually meet more of the other Prometheans

Advice to Management

maybe do more social events, even if they are small so that we have more opportunaties to meet other teams and not just our sister properties

7. Best Company I have worked for

Current Employee - Property Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have had the experience of working for 5 different property management companies and Prometheus has been my best experience overall. I would recommend Prometheus as a great place to work, but you will be challenged and expected to perform. Prometheus does a great job at creating an enjoyable work environment and it is exciting to having the ability to have your voice heard and suggestions taken seriously. I personally have come up with several ideas that the company has adopted and that is a rewarding experience.

Cons

It does take some time to learn the culture and the way things work at Prometheus. If you can be flexible, understanding, and willing to try things in a different way then you can usually overcome some of the short term struggles. It can be hard to let down your guard and trust that the company stands behind its philosophy, but I can attest that if you can be yourself you will find it to be an enjoyable workplace.

Advice to Management

I do agree with some of the other reviews that there can be a disconnect with some Prometheans not completely buying into our culture. It can be frustrating to see some of the “old-school” property management philosophies being utilized. With the culture we are trying to create those traditional actions or beliefs stand out like a sore thumb.

8. Innovative, yet down to earth.

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture and customer service philosophy.

Cons

Change is good, but sometimes they roll out a lot in a short period of time.

9. The Best in the Bay

Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing Specialist in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Prometheans are all welcoming and ready to help and assist. I am happy with my choice to change careers. They have trained me in my new position and they are there to help me and make sure I was comfortable in my position here as a Leasing Specialist. I learned quick and there encouragement was great. I feel like I can excel here and they want me to excel and to grow with Prometheus. It's great to come to work, feeling like your appreciated and part of the team.

Cons

Not all properties have the same vibe. I believe that is more of a reflection on the staff, then the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Expect to get pushed out if you're a long term "Promethean". Fresh and new is far more desirable

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

Pros

Prometheus has a huge presence in the Bay Area and is widely known. There is a huge emphasis placed on branding and setting themselves apart from the competition. Jackie Saffier has a huge heart, works hard to make the company succeed and truly cares for her Prometheans.

Cons

The properties are savagely understaffed, there are clear favorites that consistently get repeated recognition and the perks for the corporate Prometheans are rubbed in the faces of the field Prometheans. (Extra days off, higher rent discounts - they will deny this happens, but we see it all the time - bagel and casual Fridays, etc) It's a struggle to feel appreciated and to keep your tiny team motivated. Expect to work late, come in early and be expected to answer company emails from your cell phone/laptop when away from your desk - even from home. Quick and almost immediate response times are a requirement. Unfortunately the drastic downsides are downplayed to Jackie and she isn't aware of how unhappy the field teams are.

Advice to Management

There is a reason why specific PFM's are not respected. They do not motivate or support their teams. Stronger leadership, training and support would increase the morale and success of the field teams.

11. Great company to work for, lots of room for advacement

I have been working at Prometheus Real Estate Group full-time

Pros

Collaborative environment, supportive executive team, good people and properties, good work life balance. Prometheus is the best property management company I've come across.

Cons

The pay is lower than I could get at another company. Not everyone is on the same page when it comes to policy and brand. There are some individuals who bring down the brand and the company is slow to discipline.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate compensation packages in order to retain your best people. Focus on compliance to ensure consistency across the portfolio.

Prometheus Real Estate Group Photos