Promise Hospital of San Diego

Promise Hospital of San Diego Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roy Rodriquez

Did one year. That was enough.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsExcellent Psych Nursing experience.
    If you can hang on here, you can work anywhere.

ConsUnstable management, little to no resources, little to no support from employer regarding environment safety

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport and exceed staff ratios when acuity is high.

They do not value their employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some really great employees there that really care.

ConsManagement is not good at all. They don't value people.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be real and treat people the way you would like to be treated.

Very disorganized and unprofessional

Nurse (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI was able to meet some nice people in the job market I worked in.

ConsManagement is filled with liars, everyone is out to get you in trouble, the building is falling apart, equipment is dated and old, a couple angry supervisors who are old-fashioned and uneducated in their field, and many lazy employees with bad nursing skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreating your staff like dog poo will in return make your staff feel really miserable, and then perform miserably for your patients.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Money problems has riddled this company. Corporate HR is a joke. Mgt. needs help.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe idea of the hospital is good and their are alot of staff that really care and try so hard to do a great job.

ConsLow wages for most people. Benefits are not outstanding but adequate. They don't pay good so the quality of nursing staff has been a problem. The Senior Leadership is brutal in their mgt. style. They have no problem yelling at people in front of everyone. They honestly don't think before they speak. Their is no lifestyle balance in their minds. They expect you to only live for the hospital

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your leaders actually do their jobs and don't micro-manage them.

You sure can learn a LOT

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsYou get to see a lot of critically ill people that you wouldn't have at a regular hospital. Some really great supervisors.

ConsSome pretty nasty doctors that don't call back after several calls when your pt is going downhill. Infectious diseases!!! High pt ratio and they are all really high acuity. They never seemed to have the equipment needed and god forbid you have an admission!! No real help from the charge RN. I would NEVER want to be a pt there.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some more support staff and more RN's to take down the constant pressure on the nursing staff

The worse job experience ive ever had working in mental health

MHW (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe only good thing i can say about promise hospital, is you get alot of interesting experience working in mental health field. If you have the experience of working here you can work at any psych facility. You literally have seen and experienced it all.

ConsThis is a the most horrible place to ever work. You are extremely over worked and underpaid, never get decent raises. We are unappreciated And disrespected no matter if your a hard worker or not. The overall patient care is also horrible the clients sometimes are neglected and it makes me very sick. I would never recommend this job to anyone i know, and i wish i never applied here

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very unorganized and inconsistant with everything. Theres is also alot of favoritism going on at this hospital. Managment doesn't even realize that they have valuable and very caring workers here and its sad because thats very hard to find in the nursing field. Your always picked at and punished for every little thing so much that they forget about the positive.

Co-Workers Great - Management Needs to Be Changed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsMy co-workers made my job there worthwhile

ConsThe management was very punitive and disrespectful. Although I received good reviews on my job performance, there definitely was an atmosphere of distrust and fear. Until the management changes, it will continue to have a high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect. Be more professional.

Worked for Promise Hospital of San Diego? Contribute to the Community!