PromoWorks

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brion Levine

PromoWorks gives me study work in my job location area as an Engagement Specialist for them.

Engagement Specialist (Current Employee)
    Vancouver, WA

ProsI like the easy or reporting my job activity work days online and the setup for having my own website to community to PromoWorks.

ConsI am assigned to the same stores and I get to know the employers and employees at that store because they depend on me to show up whenever I am scheduled to perform a demo for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromoWorks are a great company to work for and they are very professional in all that they do.

Not so good for me, but maybe satisfying to others.

Engagement Specialist (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsFlexible schedule, it's easy if you are organized and computer savvy just want to work a few hours a week . Promoworks is now Crossmark so everything is online remote: Emails, reports, availability, expenses/time. . You get paid weeky on-time if you know what to do.

ConsIf you are not computer savvy, this job will be a challenge.. There is zero advancement opportunities, nor raises. You can work 2 months or 10 years at this place, same pay. it's a virtual ghetto for older people or people with no education or bad work record.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice. They don't extend to personally know or train engagement specialists in a group situation.. Bottom line is that client sales report gets logged in at the end of the event, whether it's factual or not. They are constantly hiring, so no worries.

Going through a change of ownership.

ProsA smaller office where everyone knows each other. The culture is changing due to the acquisition by CROSSMARK.

ConsThe acquisition has changed the methods that a smaller company conducts its business.
    A lot of people have left, or are leaving, because of these changes

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. They have a lot to say.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good experience with Promoworks.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas the only one doing the demo usually on the weekend days. The employees were very helpful finding things I needed to do the job.

ConsJobs were not offered very often but I had to travel to Bethlehem and Allentown.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps the pay could be a bit higher....due to the traveling and prices of gas.

Sneaky and unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsWorked with intelligent, hard working, pleasant individuals. My original boss for my department was great. Incredibly intelligent and shared their knowledge with the team; never felt their position was threatened so they shared so much of what they knew.

ConsLow pay, office politics, favoritism, constant changes for the worst.

Nice Company

Developer (Current Employee)
    Schaumburg, IL

ProsNice Company to work with, relaxed work culture. Exposure to new technologies and tools.

ConsI can not think of any cons right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Bad ethics

Engagement Specialist---Demos (Former Employee)
    New Port Richey, FL

ProsGetting to meet new people. Fun job to do. Enjoyed job til Crossmart took over.

ConsCan't seem to complete onboarding. most are rude on the phone. Your pay is late, short, or no pay. No one is welling to help. They still owe me money. Not fair pay for all the off the clock work you have to do. You buy a lot of cooking equipment you may use only once.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communications. Compensate for all the work we do before and after a job. Promoworks was a lot better before Crossmart took over. Treat us like you would your other employees.

Still no payment!!

Michael's Brand Ambassador (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsSeemed like it would be a good part-time job

Consno follow-through or communication after calls and e-mails. I just want to be paid for the training and the job I completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen someone works for you, and they are NOT paid for their job! and attempts are made to communicate regarding this problem! RESPOND TO EMAILS, in a timely and fair manner.

It's okay, changes coming

Pros1. Work from home
    2. Three weeks PTO
    3. Offers benefits

Cons1. No communication from corporate
    2. Independent contractors that do not understand they are not employees and bookings vary
    3. Lacks social media presence, wants to change image of grocery store demonstrators, but recruitment method and pay will not attract talent they want

4. Poor customer service with demonstrators, treat awesome demonstrators well and get rid of slackers

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though job is work from home for many there still should be professionalism with emails. Need a company intranet and better social media.

My home for the past 5 years

Client Service Manager (Current Employee)
    Pleasanton, CA

ProsGood place to gain experience. Hardworking teams.

ConsThere's little room to grow professionally.

Worked for PromoWorks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PromoWorks reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PromoWorks CEO Brion Levine . All 22 reviews posted anonymously by PromoWorks employees.