PromoWorks

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brion Levine

PromoWorks gives me study work in my job location area as an Engagement Specialist for them.

Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsI like the easy or reporting my job activity work days online and the setup for having my own website to community to PromoWorks.

ConsI am assigned to the same stores and I get to know the employers and employees at that store because they depend on me to show up whenever I am scheduled to perform a demo for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromoWorks are a great company to work for and they are very professional in all that they do.

Very good experience with Promoworks.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas the only one doing the demo usually on the weekend days. The employees were very helpful finding things I needed to do the job.

ConsJobs were not offered very often but I had to travel to Bethlehem and Allentown.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps the pay could be a bit higher....due to the traveling and prices of gas.

Nice Company

Developer (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsNice Company to work with, relaxed work culture. Exposure to new technologies and tools.

ConsI can not think of any cons right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy, flexible job

ProsGet to try all the new products

ConsStanding on your feet for hours gets tiresome when you are scheduled back to back days

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like to see incentives or bonuses for specialists who work hard to make the product sell out!!

First job out of college and it was a great start to my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company culture, which lead to a fun hard working work environment.

ConsPay could be a little more competitive.

More than what you would expect from a part time job.

Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

ProsFlexible and understanding management. Great pay.

ConsYou have to pay $25 monthly for union fees that we do not benefit from.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should have more sophisticated attire when possible suck as suit outfit

sampling food and giving out coupons in grocery stores is a good job

Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) Wharton, NJ

ProsFlexible schedule. I can set my own schedule if there is work available. Pay is pretty good. I sample a variety of products each day, so it is not boring. If the weather is bad, I can reschedule a demo.

ConsThe biggest downside is the fact that I am considered a independent contractor and the company does not take out taxes, which is a real headache. There are also surprise audits to see how you are doing. Also the jobs schedule is erratic. Some weeks I work 4 days, some 3, or even just 1. Some months I barely work, and others are crazy busy.

I am happy with my job with PromoWorks.

District Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsI enjoy working with people and managing a large number of events and taking care of a lots of details and having a lot of responsibility. I get to travel around my district and interact with various people. My Area Manager is really great to work for and I enjoy working together with her, other DC's and my ES agents as a team.

ConsI think it should pay more for what I do. $10/hr. for running up to 300 events per month and managing over 100 agents is not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay should really be in the $14-$16/hr. range.

Going through a change of ownership.

ProsA smaller office where everyone knows each other. The culture is changing due to the acquisition by CROSSMARK.

ConsThe acquisition has changed the methods that a smaller company conducts its business.
    A lot of people have left, or are leaving, because of these changes

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees. They have a lot to say.

It's okay, changes coming

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Schaumburg, IL

Pros1. Work from home
    2. Three weeks PTO
    3. Offers benefits

Cons1. No communication from corporate
    2. Independent contractors that do not understand they are not employees and bookings vary
    3. Lacks social media presence, wants to change image of grocery store demonstrators, but recruitment method and pay will not attract talent they want

4. Poor customer service with demonstrators, treat awesome demonstrators well and get rid of slackers

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though job is work from home for many there still should be professionalism with emails. Need a company intranet and better social media.

Worked for PromoWorks? Contribute to the Community!