Proofpoint Reviews

Reset
3.9
Proofpoint CEO Gary L. Steele
Gary L. Steele

Pros
  • Good people, promising technology that is doing well in the marketplace (in 4 reviews)

• Some great people to work with as well (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Many good people have left recently and I may do the same soon (in 2 reviews)

• Contractor payments are almost constantly overdue, and require many levels of red tape approvals (in 2 reviews)

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Marketing in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, seasoned leadership team, and fun high growth environment. Provides healthy snacks and free drinks. Everyone is super approachable at all levels of the company. Proud of how they go the extra mile for their customers. People are motivated to work together.

Cons

Typical high growth challenges - just begining to invest in infrastructure/tools.

2. Proofpoint - A great place to be

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Proofpoint has a proven technology and it is very nice to have a product that sells itself. There is no competitor out there today that holds a stick to the technology behind Proofpoints various security solutions. The engineering team on staff also knows the products inside and out, and at this point I haven't had a customer stump an engineer. I've been selling technology solutions for many years, and honestly, this company has it right. I do like the direction the company is heading, and the management team takes a hard listen to advice. There are growing pains at Proofpoint, but nothing outrageous, and you can see a vested interests in the success of the employee's at Proofpoint. I can see the vision and direction that management has in place, and with each quarter that passes, many small steps have been taken to assist in not only the success of the company, but the success of the individual employee's. I've worked for many companies, and I have never seen the dedication to the employee that I have seen within this company. I have also made more money at other companies, but I see a career here, where other places that offer more money, are only a job or perhaps a stepping stone. I really enjoy working for Proofpoint.

Cons

There are a few tweaks that need to be made, but upper management is aware of these issues, and have a roadmap to fix them. Typical growing pains of a successful company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee's and do your best to work on the roadblocks that they inform you of, so far I have not felt brushed off, so continue to do this.

3. Great Growth Company

Current Employee - Sales in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Draper, UT

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time

Pros

White-hot market. Clear market leader. Customer renewal rates are through the roof; PFPT has the formula down for customer success. The small- to mid-enterprise sales teams are growing fast, and in the past 6 months, I've witnessed multiple promotions for people: from lead-gen to sales, from inside sales to the field, and from rep to manager. The rising stock is another indicator that the company is doing the right things. Want the real scoop? Talk to the successful reps.

Cons

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary. If you think salespeople shouldn't have to prospect at all, this isn't the place for you. All sectors get leads, but everyone has to find some from their own efforts as well. Fast growth often requires adjustments along the way, and some people struggle with managing through change.

Advice to Management

Despite being widely recognized as the market leader from a product standpoint, not enough companies know PFPT. Marketing efforts are increasing and should really put PFPT on the map, but right now we're not well known.

5. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Bountiful, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bountiful, UT

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

low stress environment, great potential for career advancement, no micro management. Great co-workers.

Cons

disorganized sales organization, extremely difficult sales processes and lengthy sales cycles, Poor brand recognition, immature channels relationship,

Be warned

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint

Pros

decent technology, decent technology, decent technology, decent technology, decent technology, decent technology,

Cons

A bit of a good-ol-boys/gals club. Fit in and cope or stand by and watch as weak managers treat employees with appalling lack of foresight and ignorance.

Advice to Management

Grow up

Great Company. Became the company they said they were trying to be different from (AKA Cisco)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I worked at Proofpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Sunnyvale, non sales team, is a great group.

Cons

The sales leaders in Sunnyville and Salt Lake City DO NOT CARE about the Salt Lake City group. They treat the office like their own outsourced call center, where they can pay their employees less and offer no room for advancement. If somehow you manage to make it to the next level they provide no training to succeed in your new role. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND LOOKING ELSEWHERE IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SALES AT PROOFPOINT IN SALT LAKE CITY.

Advice to Management

You have become a mini Cisco, that cares more about the bottom line than the happiness of your employees. STACK RANKING is a terrible way to motivate your team. You have killed the culture of a previously great company to work for.

8. Horrible work environment

Current Employee - Operations in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The security industry is growing. Stock if you joined 3 or more years ago Access to the freeway is convenient Acquired companies fit into portfolio

Cons

The work environment is passive aggressive Weak and inexperienced managers Pay is horrible compared to other Security companies. No thought leadership. Human Resources and Finance Travel policy

Advice to Management

Hire better and improve work culture. Fire poor managers.

Overall a good experience

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative

I worked at Proofpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, good service to customers. Mostly good management team. Good pay and benefits. Ton's of potential for this company in the future if the technology keeps pace with the threat landscape.

Cons

Old ideas on how to market the company. Cold calling, Cold calling, Cold calling, its just not the best/fastest way to find new customers anymore. Constantly changing sales territories are not confidence inspiring.

Advice to Management

Marketing and sales are not in lock step, and should be to get maximum exposure in the market. Also, if you make pay and sales plan/territory commitments to your reps stick with them for a year or more, the constant change cost you several great employees that really liked the company.

10. Great technology at a great company!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time

Pros

The company offers the best of breed threat protection software.

Cons

Normal growing pains of growing fast.

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining the focus.

Felt Used

I worked at Proofpoint

Pros

Did not really see any.

Cons

Don't really care about their employees much.

RSS Feed </> Embed