Propel London

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
4.3

Melina Jacovou

A brilliant place to work

I have been working at Propel London (less than a year)

Pros

Strong brand and leaders in their Market, great client base and long standing customer relationships. Although there is still business and client development, this has a structured approach with business development training and initiatives. Solid management team with the right balance of ambition, knowledge and leadership, coupled with being close to their teams. An eclectic mix of people, to reflect the eclectic mix of customers. The business is growing, so internal development and promotion is high priority. Their is an adult working environment and the culture is strong work ethic, great incentives, team spirited and fun.

Cons

As with any growing business, there is always work in progress processes, but the company has started to bring in strategic heads to build the appropriate frameworks.

Keep communicating, keep listening, keep performing!

Happy place to be

I have been working at Propel London full-time (more than a year)

Pros

fun environment , intelligent and eclectic team that has some rally top grads and some highly experienced consultants in their 40s. Loved in the market and growing and adapting as fast as they are able to the industry they serve

Cons

growing fast - bit cramped in the office - but that really is it

keep up the good work

Great place to work

I have been working at Propel London (more than a year)

Pros

They employ a great bunch of people and it's a fun place to work - Lot's of opportunities to progress and they have one of the strongest brands in their market. The office location is great. They have a very generous commission scheme relative to other digital recruitment companies. The management invest heavily in growth and it always feels like you are working in a company that is moving forwards.

Cons

The colour scheme in the office!

More free food in the office please

Excellent

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Propel London full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great management, drive and clear direction in the company. Promotes an adult environment where your achievements are rewarded. Great reputation in the market which opens a lot of doors across the business.

Cons

Not the most fast paced of environments, a bit of an 'email and wait' culture. There needs to be more integration between the teams and less 'ownership' of clients.

Get the staff on the phone more, create more a buzz in the office.

Great place for grads!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Propel London full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I arrived at Propel as a graduate - not only has it been a nurturing environment that really values its talent, I have a real sense of the progression I can make. It's a great place to work everyday. Propel was the first recruitment agency I interviewed for where I genuinely felt I could be happy in the role, and this has very much been the case.

Cons

Not many cons... wouldn't mind better incentives for new recruits or perhaps a few more beers on Friday would be nice?

A great place to work, with a strong leadership team and a dedicated workforce who love the work they do

I have been working at Propel London full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Propel has a strong leadership team, who are honest with their staff. A recent hire has led to focused opportunity for learning and development and they boast a fun but hard working culture where what you put in you get out. Dedicated workforce who love what they do. Communal sense of work/life balance being important. Great incentives.

Cons

Very little synergy between teams, management and staff - this could be improved. Need to see recent strategy changes put in place and built on. A strong sense of favouritism in the company that could be evened out.

Implement the strategy plans for the coming years and develop honesty and communication between management, teams and staff.

Fantastic training & development

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Propel London full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I came into Propel as graduate and they provided me with top class training and development and I really owe them for where I am today. The in-depth training and mentoring that they provided me with gave me great market knowledge and the skill set to stand apart from other recruiters. They really do invest in their employees to be experts in their market and be credible in the industry in which they work with.

Cons

There aren't too many cons here...

Keep the steady the training and development in place and continue investing in your employees to keep on top of competitors. Well done and I look forward to watching you grow from strength to strength!

Good opportunities and strong market presence lacking a little strategic direction

Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Propel London full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great client list, strong reputation in the market, good competition, great support team!

Cons

High expectations, managment often changing goal posts and strategy, knee jerk strategy!

Concentrate on what you do best!

difficult place to work. Terrible reputation in the market

I worked at Propel London full-time

Pros

Have been around for a long time. Big enough to be known in the market (for better or worse)

Cons

Aggressive atmosphere, limited career opportunities, forever moving goal posts, hire and fire culture very little support

make targets achievable listen to client feedback more