Property Solutions International

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

3.4

David Bateman

Great company! Great culture!

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Property Solutions International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Create culture. They truly care about their employees!

Cons

Company is newer, and experiencing growing pains, and new employees learning the software.

Better communication!

Fantastic people, great business plan, frustrating execution

Current Employee - Regional Sales
    Current Employee - Regional Sales

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time so far at PSI. I love the people we hire, and it is exciting to be part of a company that is making a big impact in our market. The compensation opportunity for sales is fantastic if you perform. Also a very family friendly company who want you to enjoy your job and be happy.

Cons

Sales management is a bunch of old buddies from previous employers. Makes open communication very difficult. Although I do believe they have my best interest at heart. Biggest con is dealing with weekly "fire-drills" due to development issues.

Slow your roll. We implemented NPS over a year ago. Don't develop (break) anything until our NPS scores are no longer embarrassing. The only goal for 2015 should be stability. All other goals, especially sales, will accomplish themselves after that.

Great company with great opportunities.

Current Employee - Client Resolution Specialist  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Client Resolution Specialist in Lehi, UT

Pros

Property Solutions is a very innovative company in a very viable industry. The best thing about this company is the opportunities. Because of the exceeding growth, there is a lot of room to progress within the company. The people are great and the culture is awesome. Property Solutions takes care of their employees!

Cons

Growing pains, But lets be honest is that really a con? The company is growing and if you work hard you will be recognized.

All I would say is to make sure that there are career options for all departments! Everyone wants to continue to progress.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company Culture, horrible team culture

Current Employee - Web Marketing (SEO)  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Web Marketing (SEO) in Lehi, UT

Pros

I think most of the exec want PSI to have an awesome working culture. The company culture, especially at company-wide meetings, is very fun. The CEO and President seem like down-to-earth type guys. Free snacks and a gym membership were nice perks, too. Most of the employees are great people. The location is fantastic!

Cons

The middle management is horrendous. I know that seems weird, but it's entirely true, which seems confusing since the senior management seems very impressive. However, I don't truly know the senior managers. The SEO leadership was atrocious. I've never been part of a more reactionary department. PSI has these values, like "Be the Real Deal," but they are absolutely not the real deal to their employees or their clients, especially among the SEO team. One of the things that is incredibly worrisome for SEO is the fact that the leadership isn't full-time with their employees. The director of SEO actually lives in another state. In a department already struggling with retention, it's very curious to me that the leadership at PSI would want to add another level of noise in the already struggling communication within the department.

I would recommend ensuring that department managers actually live near and work with their employees on a regular basis. This doesn't mean you don't have people telecommute, but it does mean that directors are required to actually attend work, at their office. The SEO strategy is completely one-sided, in favor of PSI. I wish we gave more value back to the consumers; however, I understand that our website templates really limit those abilities. I don't think our goal should be to make money for PSI. I think our goal should be to deliver stellar products and services.

Oh PSI, where hast thou gone?

Former Employee - Secret Agent (Fear of Retribution)  in  Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Secret Agent (Fear of Retribution) in Lehi, UT

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Lunches
    Free Gym Membership
    Free Overtime

Cons

The biggest "Con"?
    Company has outgrown current management and changes need to be made to take it to the next level and keep people happy... I left because.... You get the drift

If I live in UT or CA the pay should match the description and required duties. IF more duties are given more to compensate needs to be adjusted as the current compensation is based on that right? If not then a MAJOR overhaul of compensation mapped to duties needs to take place.

Good company with lots of growing pains

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lehi, UT

Pros

Company has a great product with a generally good to work with clientele. Benefits and culture are very good at the company. Company has been growing heavily which can be quite exciting

Cons

Work-life balance can be very hard to come by working at Property Solutions. CEO is a workaholic and very involved however, the expectation is basically the same for most positions that are client facing or in development. This can be very tiring and there constantly is a feeling of being behind on deliverables.

There is quite a spread of management talent that makes some departments much better than others. This needs to be standardized and experience and talent need to be taken into account above tenure at the company or politics. Its easy for people with professional experience coming into the company to feel capped by their management in terms of progression in the company.

Great Company, Low Pay

Current Employee - Technical Writer  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Property Solutions International full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are fun and friendly. The company does a lot of activities and the work environment is fantastic. The company provides free food and gym membership. The teams do a lot of activities together as well.

Cons

Benefits are less than ideal and the pay isn't great. The company (at least some departments) is notorious for paying new employees more than current within the same position.

Don't pay new employees more than those who have been there longer.

Great place to work if you can roll with the punches

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Property Solutions International full-time

Pros

You work with great people and the company culture is the best I've ever experienced. They make it a fun place to work. There are plenty of problems at work, but I never get the Sunday nigth blues about going back to work on Monday. This is the only job I've had where I can say that.

There are lots of opportunities to advance, but you do need good timing, the company and each department ebbs and flows. It is also a great family company that allows me to have a great work/life balance. Every job has things about it you don't like, but I enjoy working at Property Soltuions so much because my wo-workers are also my friends and our culture makes it easy to enjoy working together.

Cons

Things can change pretty fast and when it effects you negitively it's easy to look at management and ask, "Where the hell did this come from?". However, most of the changes are just part of working in a software industry that Property Solutions is trying to distrubt. Launching lots of products in a short span of time, hiring hundreds of new employees, and creating new departments all take time to work out. In the end, things are really looking up for Property Solutions, so if you can roll with the punches and enjoy the company culture, to get you through the ruff patches, this can be a great place to work.

I will also take this chance to say Property Solutions doesn't have the best benefits. The insurance is good, but they make the employees pay way to much for it. Especially compared to other software companies in Utah.

Advice to you about management: Some people really struggle with management here. Our company is a mavrick because management is mavrick. Don't expect ordinary business management here, where nothing changes. This company belongs to Dave Bateman and he controls everything. If you are going to work here you need to think of yourself as personally working for him, no matter what your position is at Property Solutions. If he wants to do some crazy thing (or wants to change something), you need to say, "Okay, it's Dave's money. Lets make it happen for him". If you can have that point of view, management at Property Solutions won't bother you.

Decent Company, but be very weary of the SEO Team/Leadership.

Former Employee - SEO  in  Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - SEO in Lehi, UT

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a pretty good company to work for when you are fresh out of college or just learning a new technical skill set. The free snacks and food perks were nice. The location is near perfect for both of the major valleys. I'd say the majority of employees enjoy working at this company, and there are some phenomenal employees at PSI.

Cons

I was part of the SEO team. In was tragic to see and be part of the 100% turnover in that department. Most of the turnover happened because of a leadership transition. The culture of the SEO team was completely destroyed. The opportunities for growth and training were only available to the new leadership. I really think the C-level team just didn't know much about SEO when the leadership transition was made, and that really hurt the SEO team. In fact, I can remember a C-level employee stating that they wanted a "Show Pony" when considering their candidates. I feel very bad, from an ROI perspective, for the PSI SEO customers. They are literally getting the worst of the transition and don't really know it. Don't get me wrong, PSI has some great products and services, SEO for sure ISN'T one of them!

In order to fix the long-term strategy problems with your SEO product you may want to consider bringing on someone that actually knows SEO. Beyond that, I think if you wanted to retain employees you could offer better benefits. 10 days PTO may be average, but it sucks for a tech company. Keep the food and fun meetings going. Think about how your products, especially SEO, benefit your customers not just PSI's bottom line. Believe in your employees. Invest in your employees through conferences and training opportunities. Not everyone is just looking for more money. In fact, most employees are just looking to be told how great they are on occasion, which happened to be almost never from the SEO Director.

Good Benefits but lack of focus on Inside Sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Lehi, UT

Pros

Company growing, opportunities for development

Cons

They really don't seem to care about inside sales much. Management not in office but once a month.

Get a manager that can really focus on inside sales team

Worked for Property Solutions International? Contribute to the Community!