Property Solutions International

Updated Mar 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Bateman

Growing company, lots of opportunity

Lehi, UT

I have been working at Property Solutions International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI have been here a couple of years now and there have been a lot of changes and growth. There has been an emphasis on culture the last year and we have made strides to strengthen that, the benefits are competitive. The work life balance is great, they have a work hard play hard mentality and they reward good work. There is a lot of opportunity here to stand out and to be heard.

ConsWith the immense growth there have been growing pains, but for the most part these have been worked out over time.

Great culture, pretty good company.

Manager, Revenue Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company has a great culture in a way that makes everybody real friendly. We had a lot of fun at all the company meetings and events, and the offices themselves are a pretty laid back atmosphere. Even Dave Bateman is real friendly with everyone, too.

ConsThe challenges are the same as you would expect to find in any small-ish startup-ish type company. Leadership is young and make mistakes that come from limited real world business experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to consult with leaders in the real world for business issues.

Best work environment I've had

Implementation Consultant (Current Employee)
Lehi, UT

I have been working at Property Solutions International full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people to work with! Lots of autonomy and adequate compensation.

ConsLots of growing pains. Even though this is a company that is going to take it all the way, products aren't as stable as they could be. Not yet anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes, in an effort to provide a great atmosphere there are things that can be overlooked. I don't think that many employees care that an old double-decker bus is purchased, especially when it doesn't work. If all employees were compensated a little better then they would be more than happy for the environment that is trying to be created. My main priority in working is to support my family. I can play when my work is done.

Couldn't be Happier!

I have been working at Property Solutions International full-time for less than a year

ProsIt feels like a dream come true to be able to work for Property Solutions. I would argue that it would be hard to find a better company to work for. After working at other companies around town, and having friends who work for other companies, it is clear that Property Solutions does it right. They value their employees, and know how to create a fun, stress free environment. Everyone is so friendly. The CEO seems like a normal guy, who is easy to talk to and truly cares about the employees and their happiness.

ConsSome of the departments are "valued" more than others. Example: Development and Sales.

Fast-paced, demanding, rewarding, and never a dull day

Lehi, UT

ProsThe culture is great and the people are among the best I've worked with. There are great opportunities for growth. Benefits package is solid.

ConsPace of change may be too much for some people; work-life balance is probably average.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency with personnel/position changes would benefit everyone and keep rumors to a minimum. A wellness plan would benefit everyone and eventually push premiums lower as the group's health increases.

Great Company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time for more than a year

ProsGrowth Potential, company outings, tons of stocked refrigerators, free food and drinks, and great Christmas gifts each year.

ConsCompany is growing really fast, so constant dramatic change. Management is always changing. Departmental favoritism (CEO loves working with one department in particular and they get all of the great benefits)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet/keep stable management. Some people that qualify to move up choose not to because they are afraid in a year, they will not have a job. Show that you care for your employees.

Awesome potential being squandered.

Professional Services (Current Employee)

ProsWorking in departments not directly touched by the CEO can be tolerable. This is becoming less and less likely though, since the CEO is gaining more and more direct influence in each department.

ConsLack of leadership. Priorities and goals change weekly. This is not an exaggeration. I had a director who would drastically change the course of Client Services every month due to a "cool new book" he had read. This would disrupt a lot of the ongoing projects which were currently in place.

There is a severe lack of scalability in the company as well. Arguably, this is something that happens in a lot of companies, but its almost comical how out of sync Property Solutions is.

Each department tries to do the best it can, but is directly influenced by Development. The CEO runs development, and fires developers and others who disagree or don't fit with him. This encourages those in Development to "get things done" by pushing out new features or releases which are not near ready, thus creating havoc for all the other departments in the company.

What's funny is that whenever an individual suggests that Development slow down, he or she is perceived as lacking the company's innovative spirit and is put in the dog house. Others see this and learn its better to keep their head down and keep their job rather than disagree with the CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ask employees to post good reviews to glassdoor because you are worried about what % your approval rating is. Perhaps you could change the way you manage and treat employees so the good reviews will come naturally, rather than out of coercion or fear?

True - Scary

Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Property Solutions International full-time

ProsPros are heavily outweighed by cons - they tried to increase pros to out weigh all the bad - poo in cake is still not worth eating no matter how fantastic the cake is - they did a free trip to Cancun for us - like I said - poo in cake is still not worth eating

ConsCEO intentionally creates intimidating environments - almost everyone in dev group feels fear over losing job - outside dev too ~ Glassdoor shows three stars but reality is one or two stars - all negative reviews are real reviews - positive reviews are fake - created by eager new people not yet knowing - how bad is that if this much positive reviews injected into Glassdoor only averaged the rating out to three stars? they even sound so ridiculously fake - just look at the CEO approval rating under 47% - something is amiss yes? -

work around the clock as death march while stressing over losing job

I pray to God this reaches whoever reads this - to protect their family's financial security - ignore bait however good it is (Cancun, more money, stocks) - I pray the CEO matures in time because all our families, kids' future - and our own careers depend on this man - a man who does not give a hoot - a man whose words are like milk and honey but whose actions embody despair

Advice to Senior ManagementA true leader protects people in flock - encouraging them to do better without scaring them - employees should be able to focus on work and not on fear - company is on verge of losing everything - the CEO is........ fake Steve Jobs - with all the bad and none of the good

Amazing company with a terrific vision.

ProsI have worked for Property Solutions for the past two years. The company is amazing. One of the huge benefits I immediately noticed is my ability to impact change in the organization. My recommendations and suggestions were welcomed with open arms, implemented and I was able to see the impact and results of those contributions. The structure allows for employees to drive change.

The other area I truly enjoy is being on the front end of innovation and driving change in our industry. We are always moving towards leading the charge and solving customer problems and challenges that have yet to be addressed. That makes for a very fun and fulfilling environment for sales.

I also note the huge focus on the customer. The company and its employees are extremely customer centric, and when you focus on the customer first, good things happen.

The company is also very team oriented and collaboration is amazing. Everyone helps each other out, communication is open, and there is no worry of politics. Feedback and the ability to improve is welcome. The company is focused on a strong set of core values that drive this environment.

Last but not least would be my true admiration of the company founders and leadership. They have a stronger work ethic than I have ever seen, and they lead by example. They are truly passionate about what they do and devoted to changing and impacting the industry. They are in this to solve problems for our customers and create a thriving company for its employees, not chasing money. They reinvest earnings back into the business to make it better!

ConsThe biggest challenge I see is balancing innovation with stability. Creating amazing products with a lot of benefits also creates disruption. Finding the balance is tricky. Frequent releases can mean bugs and turbulence, which is disruptive for the customers. That being said, the company is focused on creating a stable environment and realizes this is one of our biggest challenges. This means finding the right amount of process without slowing down the agility of the business. We continue to focus on moving away from the "ready, fire, aim" approach but there is still work to be done.

The second challenge is effectively managing growth. Since the company is growing at a rapid pace, it also creates disruption. If the company and it's leadership can continue to grow effectively and reduce turbulence, the long term outlook is very bright for their customers and employees. The rapid growth has created a few bumps in the road. But I give credit to the company by adjusting to these challenges and being able to pivot to solve problems with our growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stay true to who you are and why we are doing what we do. Focus on the "why" and continue to listen to the customer. If we follow the guidance of what the customer wants, everything else falls into place!

Love/hate relationship. Awesome and awful at the same time.

ProsGood environment to work in. Opportunities to grow if you fit the mold. The people make PSI awesome. The products are the best in the industry. That's the love part.

ConsIt is not all bad, but the company is sometimes a joke to work for. Management does not know what they are doing. Constant change. Dumb decisions made on a whim. You will constantly hate/question management if you work here. They try to care about those who work underneath them, but they really struggle with it.

The only thing that matters is making people (mainly the CEO) happy, not doing what's best for the company. You could have the best idea and present it perfectly, but be shut down before you even begin explaining it because management does not know how to listen. They make decisions without all the facts a little too often.

It's not about sharing good ideas, it's about planting seeds in managers' heads and hoping they eventually come up with the idea themselves. Especially the CEO.

Management is not all bad, but there are still too many painful growing pains.

Also, I would guess that a few of the good reviews are written by upper level management and HR. They sound just like them.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize your limitations. Realize that no matter how hard you try to do things differently and make PSI a fun place to work, there are fundamentals of management that you seriously lack. There are things that work and don't work. I think you will eventually figure out how to steer this ship, but the growing pains are taking too long and a lot of people are tired of it.

Worked for Property Solutions International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Property Solutions International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Property Solutions International CEO David Bateman. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Property Solutions International employees.