Prosper Inc.

ProsAwesome Atmosphere!
    Great Coworkers
    Fun Culture
    Commission with no caps
    Currently we are seeing huge growth. Quality leads and conversions are going up quickly and consistently over the last few months!
    The hard working reps that are skilled make very good money.

ConsTakes time to learn the ropes
    Hours are unusual

Advice to Senior ManagementStay Loyal to employees even when they are struggling.

Great vision, upper level management wonderful, mid level needs some work!

Lead Distribution (Former Employee) Provo, UT

ProsGreat energy there. Enjoyed working with highly motivated individuals. They often offer free breakfast or lunch and there are incentives/bonuses for performing well which motivates you to do a better job.

ConsMid level management at that time was unhelpful and would actual be a detriment at times to meeting your goals. However, team leaders and the founders are awesome. They help you set goals and actually achieve them.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire mid level management who inspire through actions and example.

Get paid to help people transform their lives

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsYou feel like what you do really makes a difference because you are focusing 100% on the people you talk to on the phone about helping them transform their lives by working with a coach

ConsPay isn't that great
    No paid vacations
    No Paid Time off
    Work Saturdays
    Work late nights

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more opportunities for growth in order to keep the good people you have

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company with the ability to GROW!

Personal Development Consultant (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsFun atmosphere and good people we work with.
    Great income opportunity.
    Job growth
    Very good services we provided. Truly helps people.
    Fun work activities almost monthly for families
    Employees help each other all the time to do better. Great team atmosphere.

ConsHours we worked were a little hard but once I got used to them it wasn't so bad.
    No 401K match

Advice to Senior ManagementMatch 401Ks. Realize how hard guys work. They WANT to succeed.

Decent Sales Job

Team Leader (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsOpportunities for advancement if you work hard. Owners are down to earth.

ConsCommission is not as aggressive

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the people that make you money

Nice company with nice people but lack business sense.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Provo, UT

ProsOverall, the people are friendly and try to do what is right. There was a lot of flexibility.

ConsEven though they try to do right, it seems the management is inconsistent and lacks business sense. Most management is hired from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone has been with the company for a while, doesn't make them managerial material.

Things are getting worse here at Prosper

Team Leader (Former Employee) Provo, UT

ProsI believe they ARE TRYING to keep out of bankruptcy. They have hired a much better President.

ConsThey are not doing nearly enough to get things turned around. Everyone is suffering. Pay has dropped by 30-40% in some instances. Moral is low. Pay is terrible. No base pay (Unless you consider minimum wage to be a base pay. Benefits are lousy. Leads are terrible (Only slightly better then calling from the phone book.) But, to be fair, we did get free fountain drinks. Wahoo! There's not enough room here to tell you just how bad it has become. Forget any positive comments here I've worked here 9 years and I'm glad I'm out. I stayed because I thought they would rescue the downfall. But we've gone from 150 sales people to 50. From 50 mill per year gross to 15 mill. No, they have to cut even more and that money comes from marketing and employee pay. Sorry. Anyone who goes to work here will suffer. Wait till they get back to 30 or 40 mill. Then maybe they will address the pay, bad benefits, low moral, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementFIRE THE MARKETING DEPT. do a search for EXCEPTIONAL marketers to bring up the quality of the leads. Make 1/2 of their income dependent on sales increases. Then make a deal with sales to hit "X" amount in 4 months and you will add 2 days vacation pay to all in sales, then another 2 days for hitting a higher benchmark, etc.

Marketing Manager

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsOne is Prospers core values is "Doing Right Things Right." On July 2nd, 2012 I was hospitalized after a almost fatal highway accident. Not only was my body injured, but also the brain. Prosper did "Things Right" by providing me continued employment, and peer support. It is safe to say that Ethan Willis, owner of Prosper, is focused on helping people Prosper.

ConsProsper is an environment focused on education and entrepreneurial mindset. Employees must carry a deep passion and be flexible to new marketing strategies. I've seen Prospers executive teams knack for bringing aboard team members who meet this criteria. They also will pay them competitive salaries. That said, they have passed up alot of folks.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with what you're going. "Ur Great!!!"

Great Atmosphere....Company cares about customers and employees

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsGreat atmosphere. Management seems to really care about people and their students. Good money. Learning from leaders program is great.

ConsThere are some communication issues. They try to do to many things.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to redo your website www.prospering.com, Need to adopt some new sales/marketing technology

Prosper Inc. EVP Marketing responded to this review

Jan 28, 2013

Thanks for the feedback.....we are currently looking to revamp our webpage www.prospering.com and will be coming out with a new design soon.

Good co-workers, bad company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Provo, UT

ProsMy team was great. We had a lot of fun. When I started working there we had a lot of flexibility but as time went on things got a lot worse. We initially all made a lot of money but then the leads got terrible and we barely made minimum wage.

ConsYou have to work on Saturdays. You cannot look at anything on the internet even if you are not on a call. The leads were really bad. Nobody you talked to had any money to invest or any interest.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry less about writing a book and more on your under-paid employees.

Worked for Prosper Inc.? Contribute to the Community!