Prosum Reviews

Updated April 4, 2014
3.7

Ravi Chatwani

Prosum fan for life!

I have been working at Prosum

Pros

I've worked several corporate jobs in my lifetime and can honestly say that Prosum is by far my favorite place! The hours are standard but management is flexible about working around your schedule and personal commitments, within reason.

What distinguishes Prosum from the best is that management genuinely cares to make everyone on the team from the top all the way down successful. Management definitely actively seeks to enhance everyone's experience and is constantly seeking feedback to continually improve. Prosum is the right fit for me because it allows me to control my own growth and career advancement while giving me the opportunity to leverage the experience of those who have come before me to succeed. I feel supported while I engineer my own future.

The growth opportunities are tremendous but they have to be earned. Growth definitely isn't handed out randomly just because you happen to be standing in the right place at the right time. Everyone who is an active participant in their own success and works hard to achieve their goals will be rewarded with acknowledgment and advancement. Here the adage is true: you reap what you sow.

Management: the Prosum executive team is the most diverse and dynamic I have ever worked with. There is definitely someone on the team that every person working for Prosum can feel comfortable going to for guidance, support, mentorship, and just to vent. The diversity makes it so that there are different personality types and experience backgrounds around to offer advice and lend an ear. I truly appreciate the vastly different perspectives that they all bring to the table and the way those perspectives combine to make the best decisions for Prosum as a company. I am genuinely grateful for the leadership of the company and for the open door policy the executive team has been able to foster. There aren't many places where the CEOs take an active role in individual success. The opportunity is there, you just have to take it.

Cons

Staffing: the nature of the staffing industry is a competitive one and so, as an industry, it can be extremely stressful and bring out the worst in people on a bad day. The high stress environment can cloud viewpoints and make for some difficult hurdles to jump. This, however, is an industry wide affliction not specific to Prosum.

Because Prosum is a mid sized company where the majority of employees work remote or at client sites if can sometimes feel like a small company with nowhere to run. That has it's benefits, like the ability to build relationships with management and strongly influence the future of the company, but it can also have its cons, like not knowing more than 40 of your 150 coworkers and feeling a bit out of place at company wide events where you're meeting a tenured employee for the first time in their 4 years of employment.

Currently the company is undergoing restructuring at the departmental level across several departments and so sometimes chaos ensues. I don't know that this really causes more chaos than an average day at any other company across America, and I personally feel very thankful to work for a company that implements change when necessary for the benefit of its employees.

Keep doing what you're doing and promoting an open forum for communication. I know that sometimes employees may not feel safe coming to management or any leadership team members with suggestions and so they resort to having their qualms heard on public forums. Encouraging safe and open communication within the office may promote healthy dialogue and change with an increase in morale. Maybe weekly "office hours" or an "ask a CEO" campaign.

Not every company is for everyone and a job has to be a mutual for for both the employee and employer, but doing your best to grow from every interaction with transparency and empathy goes a long way.

Awesome Company to Work For!!!!

Current Employee - Accounting  in  El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff, growth and opportunity, provides training, flexible work environment. I started with this company as a recent graduate and they trained me. They have awesome team building activities. There is a sense of community. Multiple people have grown and transitioned into different department/fields. It is a growing company so suggestions are welcomed.

Cons

More paid holidays/days off

keep up the good work

Best culture of any company I have ever encountered!

Former Employee - Business Development  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Prosum full-time for less than a year

Pros

When you walk into the their offices or you are among a group of Prosum employees, you can feel the energy and creativity. By far the most technical depth of any company I have ever worked for or with and I have been in the technology industry for 22 years. The culture is captivating and incredibly motivating.

Cons

For myself, the challenge for me was trying to decide where to focus. The Prosum "toolbox" is very wide and comprehensive, which can be overwhelming at first.

Keep doing what you are doing to foster the culture which allows for fantastic energy and creativity.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, amazing people, awesome environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is always willing to help one another out, the company works like a team. Good hours, benefits, atmosphere.

Cons

Compensation could be higher for the amount of work.

Great culture! Colleagues have become friends!

Current Employee - Sr. Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sr. Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You'll like the people that you work with! Most all are friendly, smart, and professional. I am part of the Infrastructure Services group with really sharp Microsoft engineers. I really love the culture and training. Microsoft has given us several awards over the years - mostly due to successful implementations at clients.

I am a big fan of Prosum and love the friends that I have made here. I was able to also bring in another really good consultant from my last company. Great project management support on projects. This is really important and many technology companies do not do this part well.

Cons

Some reorganizing going on since Prosum has a few different focuses.

Thanks for doing what it takes to better team the company.

Awesome Company to Work

Current Employee - Administrative  in  El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked for Prosum for almost 2 years now, the people are great to work with, and I really enjoy the Management team and style. They care about your career path, and are always there to offer advice and to push you in that direction.

Cons

I'm hopeful for competitive benefits in the future.

I appreciate the encouragement of growth and welcome the opportunities in the future.

The grass is greener at Prosum

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator  in  El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time for more than a year

Pros

Prosum has the most comfortable, fun, interactive environment that I have ever been a part of. They constantly encourage their employees to come up with new ideas and they actually take action. I've worked in plenty of offices, and Prosum by far, is the best experience I have ever had. I started out here as a receptionist and have been promoted to higher positions TWICE in my year and a half here.

Cons

Sometimes we all have too much fun. The parties get a little out of control, but that's the way I like it!

Keep doing what you're doing. I love my job.

Could not imagine another company I'd rather work for!

I have been working at Prosum full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here are amazing. Truly welcomed every time I walk into the office. Everyone is willing to give advice and help out. Very fun activities and privelages that come with working here. I am blessed I found such an amazing company. I work with very smart, effeciant, well managed, professional, driven individuals who inspire me everyday.

Cons

I could not think of one. Maybe more paid holidays :)

The number one reason why I love the company. I am inspired by you guys. You keep me motivated and directed on the right path.

Tremendous Career Development Opportunity for Me

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a great culture and is seeking to position itself as a leader in the technology services space

Cons

Some of the benefit plans are not as robust as I would like to see. Please consider a 401k match

My professional experience was Prosum was rewarding.

Former Employee - IT Recruiter/Account Manager  in  El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter/Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Prosum full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The environment of Prosum is full of good, honest, hardworking people. Truly gives every employee the opportunity to grow and shine.

Cons

Prosum needs better training programs.

Worked for Prosum? Contribute to the Community!