Prosum Reviews

1. The grass is greener at Prosum

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prosum has the most comfortable, fun, interactive environment that I have ever been a part of. They constantly encourage their employees to come up with new ideas and they actually take action. I've worked in plenty of offices, and Prosum by far, is the best experience I have ever had. I started out here as a receptionist and have been promoted to higher positions TWICE in my year and a half here.

Cons

Sometimes we all have too much fun. The parties get a little out of control, but that's the way I like it!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love my job.

2. Could not imagine another company I'd rather work for!

I have been working at Prosum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people here are amazing. Truly welcomed every time I walk into the office. Everyone is willing to give advice and help out. Very fun activities and privelages that come with working here. I am blessed I found such an amazing company. I work with very smart, effeciant, well managed, professional, driven individuals who inspire me everyday.

Cons

I could not think of one. Maybe more paid holidays :)

Advice to Management

The number one reason why I love the company. I am inspired by you guys. You keep me motivated and directed on the right path.

Prosum fan for life!

I have been working at Prosum

Pros

I've worked several corporate jobs in my lifetime and can honestly say that Prosum is by far my favorite place! The hours are standard but management is flexible about working around your schedule and personal commitments, within reason.

What distinguishes Prosum from the best is that management genuinely cares to make everyone on the team from the top all the way down successful. Management definitely actively seeks to enhance everyone's experience and is constantly seeking feedback to continually improve. Prosum is the right fit for me because it allows me to control my own growth and career advancement while giving me the opportunity to leverage the experience of those who have come before me to succeed. I feel supported while I engineer my own future.

The growth opportunities are tremendous but they have to be earned. Growth definitely isn't handed out randomly just because you happen to be standing in the right place at the right time. Everyone who is an active participant in their own success and works hard to achieve their goals will be rewarded with acknowledgment and advancement. Here the adage is true: you reap what you sow.

Management: the Prosum executive team is the most diverse and dynamic I have ever worked with. There is definitely someone on the team that every person working for Prosum can feel comfortable going to for guidance, support, mentorship, and just to vent. The diversity makes it so that there are different personality types and experience backgrounds around to offer advice and lend an ear. I truly appreciate the vastly different perspectives that they all bring to the table and the way those perspectives combine to make the best decisions for Prosum as a company. I am genuinely grateful for the leadership of the company and for the open door policy the executive team has been able to foster. There aren't many places where the CEOs take an active role in individual success. The opportunity is there, you just have to take it.

Cons

Staffing: the nature of the staffing industry is a competitive one and so, as an industry, it can be extremely stressful and bring out the worst in people on a bad day. The high stress environment can cloud viewpoints and make for some difficult hurdles to jump. This, however, is an industry wide affliction not specific to Prosum.

Because Prosum is a mid sized company where the majority of employees work remote or at client sites if can sometimes feel like a small company with nowhere to run. That has it's benefits, like the ability to build relationships with management and strongly influence the future of the company, but it can also have its cons, like not knowing more than 40 of your 150 coworkers and feeling a bit out of place at company wide events where you're meeting a tenured employee for the first time in their 4 years of employment.

Currently the company is undergoing restructuring at the departmental level across several departments and so sometimes chaos ensues. I don't know that this really causes more chaos than an average day at any other company across America, and I personally feel very thankful to work for a company that implements change when necessary for the benefit of its employees.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and promoting an open forum for communication. I know that sometimes employees may not feel safe coming to management or any leadership team members with suggestions and so they resort to having their qualms heard on public forums. Encouraging safe and open communication within the office may promote healthy dialogue and change with an increase in morale. Maybe weekly "office hours" or an "ask a CEO" campaign.

Not every company is for everyone and a job has to be a mutual for for both the employee and employer, but doing your best to grow from every interaction with transparency and empathy goes a long way.

Tremendous Career Development Opportunity for Me

I have been working at Prosum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great culture and is seeking to position itself as a leader in the technology services space

Cons

Some of the benefit plans are not as robust as I would like to see. Please consider a 401k match

6. Great company, amazing people, awesome environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is always willing to help one another out, the company works like a team. Good hours, benefits, atmosphere.

Cons

Compensation could be higher for the amount of work.

My professional experience was Prosum was rewarding.

Former Employee - IT Recruiter/Account Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter/Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Prosum full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment of Prosum is full of good, honest, hardworking people. Truly gives every employee the opportunity to grow and shine.

Cons

Prosum needs better training programs.

Just another Shady Recruiting agency!

Current Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Prosum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-They provide some snacks and meals on certain days if you stay late
    -They train when you first start off so you know the terminology and what to look for in candidates/resumes

Cons

- Management has little ethics and moral obligation. The only obligation is what money they pocket at the end of the day so you're their little minions.
    - Little to no transparency for entry level and low-level recruiters. They pretend that they do give you transparency but in reality, the weekly meetings are really to put people down and continually pressure you to make money for the company. It's in such a negative light that most recruiters walk out feeling defeated and humiliated.
    - Management likes to put out a lot of talk but in reality, they never walk the talk or follow what they preach. In the end, they yell at you for not doing something but they themselves would never follow.
    - Pay is horrible! They give you this grand plan (or scheme) in how you'll make loads of dough but the people really making money there are the Managers who've been there 5+ years. Other than that, you'll be making peanuts and barely getting by on your rent and expenses.

Advice to Management

Question yourself and not scapegoat on recruiters who make low wages to barely make a living.

Good management team but high turn over rate in staffing.

Current Employee - Associate Partner
    Current Employee - Associate Partner

I have been working at Prosum full-time

Pros

1 Training. 2 Locations have professional environments. 3 If you exceed your expectations, there is little micro-management. 4 Management team is overall personable and relatable. Most of them started out as recruiters so they understand the grind and hustle.

Cons

High turn-over rate. It's daunting when you come in as a new team member and see other "senior" recruiters start to fall off between 1-2 years tenure. Most senior recruiters from 2013 are no longer there. The setting is cubicles on cubicles so expect little to no privacy. The environment is overall professional but you need thick skin to work there. Mistakes are made fairly public. Expect the grunt of certain client managers in front of the whole team. Overall the intention is good but it's very humiliating to say the least. And no one wants to go to work after that. They'll just tell you to 'not take it personal'.

Advice to Management

Employees out of Prosum are typically well rounded professionals. But do more to keep the morale up within the office. Don't befriend your employees as a manager. They need a leader, not a confidant. Recognize those who are of value to the team, not just as defined by monthly placements. Give opportunities to everyone. Not just good looking front desk admins.

Needs time to mature as a consulting firm

I worked at Prosum

Pros

Very knowledgeable technical staff and great location.

Cons

Conflict among team leaders.Lack of vision. Bottom line driven.

Advice to Management

Provide more training for employees and recruiting staff.

Employment Agency

I have been working at Prosum full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly workers, nice office, good location, friendly place, snacks and free food

Cons

Big turn over rate, this is a 100% temp agency trying to pretend that is it some up scale consulting firm, the people who work here have little or no training, the recruiting department is a disaster, cramped small office with 2-3 people per office and cubicle. The consulting dept. needs help, inexperienced people work here. They boast about their big clients, when all they did was place employees there to work, because this is a job employment agency.

Advice to Management

What exactly are you consulting? There is no shame in being an employment agency.

RSS Feed </> Embed