Protect America Reviews

3.1
Thad H. Pascall

1. GREAT STRUCTURE FOR INTERNAL PROMOTION

I have been working at Protect America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Customers, Culture, and Growth. These are the Values that Protect America promotes and tries to live by daily. I see it when I'm walking the floor, playing ping pong in the break room, or going to the food truck outside. I love the atmosphere here as it is unlike anywhere else that I've worked. I love that they support their employee's and try to help everyone make this their career. I have moved up through the company at what I feel is a very fast rate. I put my head down and did my work and it was noticed by upper management.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Sometimes my work life balance gets a little distorted but that is on me. I have a set schedule that sometimes I choose to ignore in order to get work done.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to keep recognizing those that are working hard, talent isn't always the most important thing. You can replace ten lazy but talented employee's with one hard working one that is willing to adapt to the work flow.

2. Overall its a great company to work for. Positive atmosphere, friendly people

I have been working at Protect America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They work with your schedule/situation. The pay is what you make it if you sell in line with the commission structure than you have the ability to make a lot of money with no bonus cap. The moral is really good on the floor. They run contest where you can win prizes and even make your supervisor dance for EVERYONE to see!

Cons

I would have to say my negatives are we do work on holidays which can keep you away from family at times.

Advice to Management

More even playing field when it comes to managers some are more experienced in different areas than others.

GOOD OPPORTUNITY'S AND FUN PLACE TO WORK

I have been working at Protect America

Pros

i have worked at PA for less than a year while I've been here the training is very good and consistent, they make sure you have help when needed on the care floor. The pay is awesome plus more with benefits! Flexible schedules once you hit the floor. Everyone is so friendly and good to work with most people have a awesome attitude at work. We have food trucks every day it seems like, we have a break room with games and such. We get PAID breaks and more! this place is awesome!

Cons

its micro managed and there a few hiccups but its getting better.

Advice to Management

Management has been improving since I've been here, just less micro managing would be good.

5. If you need money fast....

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Protect America

Pros

Make money fast and cool people to work with.

Cons

Benefits are horrible as well as upper management. Very cut throat.

6. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!! EVERRRRR!!!!

Former Employee - Customer Care in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America

Pros

I guess if I had to pick out a few these would be them... the Co-workers, clean bathhrooms, and Game room

Cons

These people are Scammers on the highest level! Most employees must pay a total of $75 out of their first two paychecks for their own non-usb headset (completely non-refundable). Employee retention rate is about 10% and out of a class of 40, only 4 remain. They have an internal department responsible just for handling negative reviews about their company online. Pay is horrible and forces "sales" on you to make reasonable wage. You are NOT just doing customer care. You are technically working as a company trained alarm technician, but only paid pennies in comparison to an actual alarm technician's salary. The training is long and lasts 2 weeks in classroom setting and after that, you are thrown to the wolves on the floor. Their product they sell is cheap and has many defects which causes many upset customers to call in for a 2 hour long phone call.

Advice to Management

Needs to seriously pay your employees worthy salaries and NOT through overtime or sales!!! Alarm technician salary is $50K+ per year!!! Get with the program or else your company will never survive this industry!

7. Need cleaner desk space, cleaner actual floors and THE CHAIRS! Disgusting and filthy! Replace all chairs!

I have been working at Protect America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great sales potential and possible advances.

Cons

The call floor, chairs, desk are disgusting! Please replace the chairs!

Advice to Management

Agents should clean desk with disinfectins on a regular bases since desk are shared.

It's great, if you're an intern

I worked at Protect America full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to get excited about quick advancement and heightened responsibilities

Cons

The quick pace will lead you right out the door just as fast. Seasoned employees who've built the company from the ground up are systematically stripped of their intellectual assets, which are passed along to bright-eyed interns happy to work for next to nothing

Advice to Management

Leadership is way too political and promotions based on who likes who, rather than by merit... This crushes innovation

Unqualified Management who Lack Leadership Skills and sometimes knowledge on certain situations or projects.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America

Pros

Daily Food Trucks
    Weekly Movie Showings

Cons

Unqualified Management and VP
    No True Genuine Leadership
    Bad HR Department
    No Project Manager
    Operates as startup environment
    If fired you will not be paid for unused vacation time, it doesn't matter how long you've worked there.
    You will work some holidays if working in the call center areas.

Advice to Management

Start showing compassion, ask questions, give advice, and communiacte in a non hostile way towards your employees. Genually act like you care if you're in a leadership position. Often times employees work better when treated well. Stop treating the people who work for you like they're going to get fired. Learn to give recommendations and advice without making people feel that way. That's what true leadership is about. Your turn over rate is high because people don't want to stay long due to your lack of creating an environment where these employees feel as if they could flourish and not look over their back constantly. People get fired for this or just simply leave/quit.

10. It wasn't the best place to work.

Former Employee - General Care Representative in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - General Care Representative in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You have the opportunity to apply for positions throughout the company in different departments. There are food trucks that show up every week so you have stuff to eat without leaving.

Cons

No one is heard. The culture is lacking from the top down. There's a lot of micromanagement and it makes it unpleasant to work there.

Advice to Management

Listen to your reps. Don't think you're invincible.

Abusive, disorganized environment

Former Employee - Customer Service in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Small enough to make new acquaintances. Their facilities are decent and offer a nice cafeteria and arcade room.

Cons

Even though they have been in business since the '90s, they still operate as a start-up. Their deadlines are unrealistic, offer some of the lowest wages in terms of salary, and their benefits are insignificant. Their managers quit left and right. Last I knew, they had gone through six different call center managers in two years; which makes their "culture" impossible to survive.

Advice to Management

Sell this company while you still can.