Protect America

Updated September 24, 2014

Thad H. Pascall

Great place to succeed

I have been working at Protect America

Pros

Very fast-paced environment. You have the freedom to make innovations. Little to no micromanagement. Very fair compensation and benefits packages.The best part of this organization is definitely the coworkers - very hard-working, talented and friendly. All of the company activities are great, too! They have talent shows, contests and other things for all the employees to do. There's also an espresso truck that comes by in the morning.

Cons

If you're not used to a fast-paced job, you might get stressed.

Everyday is fun and fullfilling

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I have learned more in the first two months at Protect America than I have at any other job. My pay and benefits are awesome considering I am an intern. My daily tasks are clear. I get ample time for lunch and can take breaks if necessary. My schedule is flexible. I have not taken any vacation time, but the request process seems simple and often granted. The one thing that stands out to me more than anything else is how happy people are to be working here. I have met a lot of people in other departments, and they all seem happy and positive. This kind of attitude can make a huge difference in the collective environment of the company. Company culture is a reoccurring value - a break room filled with games, movie showings, free popcorn and food on occasions, talent shows, holiday fun, a video news letter, different daily food trucks, a coffee truck in the morning, not to mention the freedom to be creative in my daily activities. My boss is really cool as well. I would recommend working here if you are a driven individual with excellent work ethic and a positive attitude.

Cons

Fast paced is not for everyone - but it's great for me.

Abusive, disorganized environment

Former Employee - Customer Service in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small enough to make new acquaintances. Their facilities are decent and offer a nice cafeteria and arcade room.

Cons

Even though they have been in business since the '90s, they still operate as a start-up. Their deadlines are unrealistic, offer some of the lowest wages in terms of salary, and their benefits are insignificant. Their managers quit left and right. Last I knew, they had gone through six different call center managers in two years; which makes their "culture" impossible to survive.

Sell this company while you still can.

Look elsewhere for a fulfilling career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was drawn in by their "company culture", which is nonexistent. I probably spoke to three people outside of my department. They have this room with a few custom arcade machines, an xbox, tv, ping pong, etc, which is pretty cool but I never got to use it. If I did use it during office hours to take a quick break, I would be reprimanded, and almost everyone worked through their lunches.

Cons

Poor communication, all around. Deadlines suddenly jumped on you. All other departments miserable, especially Sales. I don't blame Sales for hating the Marketing department with all the sudden changes we would put out. Long office hours, first the day it's 9-5 then that turns into 8-6 and they expect you to work more. Marketing decisions overruled by the COO's personal taste.

Instead of treating your employees like disposable tools and pawns, actually treat them like people and take the time to discuss their work with them.

Life changing

I have been working at Protect America

Pros

The environment, the product, and the pay are what keeps me here. The managers and leadership teams are awesome. They have helped me to become one of the highest earners in sales. The floor as a whole is very motivating. I am excited to come to work everyday. We protect and give piece of mind to our clients daily. That's amazing.

Cons

I personally haven't experienced any challenges in this position. I recieve (as do the agents around me) both breaks as well as lunch breaks daily. There is a particular process to follow. If you follow it to a T, continue to stay positive and focused, you will have no problem succeeding here.

Continue to support and build a strong sales floor.

Great company that is improving on a daily basis

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to make money, continuous training (if you are willing to learn), great people in managerial positions

Cons

Schedules are very bad, you will probably get the night shift

Keep up the great work

Reality TV series come here!

Former Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Security Sales Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good commission program if given the chance to reach your quotas and goals and numbers,, fellow employees many were good people off the clock too not just on it.some of the training was actually good! Did like the banter and humor during working hours...A few of the managers were actually helpful and good people...

Cons

Micro managed, unethichal business practices, favoritism teachers pets mentality, too many drastic changes schedule wise, pay wise, a yo yo management style impossible to develop consistentcy, Akways having side issues with pay or comments or managers mood swings...Their autodialer excuses of its the dialer not the managers controlling it hahaha

terrible leadership, they were like american idol judges on camera one way and totally opposite off camera! Top management has a poor career history including lawsuits and fraud accusations from their previous employers. Quit treating people like we are in junior high and have to go to detention if i wanted to have baby sitters i would go work at a day care! Also, trainees start at bottom of food chain in every company not give them good leads at end of month training so the full timers cant bonus for that week or month and the recourse of those actions results in thousands of dollars less pay from one month to another! Retarded!!!

Made great money for about two months until new management was crazy and started firing the best employees that made the

Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were great and hardworking. Sales team (excluding executive management) really cared about protecting peoples homes and becoming better at selling.

Cons

Senior managers are bizarre. All the salespeople are on edge wondering when they are going to get fired next. It seems like the people making the highest commissions get fired so management can bring in lower paid employees and give them less commission.

Micromanaged High Schoolers AKA General Care Dept

Current Employee - General Care in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Care in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have a hard time picking Pros for this company. Maybe they try and appear to have a great atmosphere and sound like a fun company to work for. Benefits after 90 days. Some good supervisors

Cons

I worked at Protect America for almost a month.. Training was very dragged out and was always getting side tracked to irrelevant topics. I thought it was a joke when they said no one gets a lunch. That's right they truly value their employees happiness so they create a fun environment but you won't even get 30 minutes for a lunch. They do expect you to eat your food and be back at your desk within 15 minutes. The rules are extremely strict especially when it comes to your personal items no cell phones, no food unless it comes for their vending machines (I do question the legality of that) you won't get two days off in a row if you are new and don't expect to get your schedule until the day before the start of the week. You will constantly be micromanaged by those who aren't even your direct supervisor even when doing everything correctly.

If upper management wants to stick by the rules they set then it should be all or nothing. Meaning the ecigs and vapor pens are okay but cell phones and snack food brought from home isn't? Don't threaten to take my personal belongings away. Treat your employees like humans and give them a lunch. Call center jobs are stressful I guarantee there would be a happy tone in most calls if employees were given time to destress halfway through their shift.

Great place to get your start in sales.

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay potential and excellent sales training from supportive management.

Cons

There is favoritism and special treatment for sales members who clique with their team leader.

Be unbiased and equally supportive to all sales team members for their hard work.