Protingent Staffing Reviews

Donn Harvey

1. Technical Recruiter coordinator

Former Employee - Technical Recruiting Coordinator in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiting Coordinator in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Protingent Staffing (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, family owned, great personal life vs worklife balance

Cons

None, they always support their employees

2. Best Agency Recruiting Firm you can work for

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Protingent Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Start up feel and Culture without obsession over metrics... really. Beer Fridays. Employee owned. Boss is really laid back yet inspires higher level performance, again, without driving metrics down your throat.

Cons

trying to find cons... agency recruiting is a grind, but still better than other agencies... seriously.

Advice to Management

Don't change.

Great employee owned growing company with small town vibe but big town ambitions!

I have been working at Protingent Staffing full-time

Pros

The ability to join a growing team of professionals and really feel included in the operations and experiences of a rapidly expanding company are great. This is a fast paced environment that has always kept me focused and challenged. HR has been wonderful and are always there to help with any questions or needs I might have. The leadership is all about pushing this company forward to enhance the lives of the employees.

Cons

Growing pains can be tough! As Protingent goes from a small local family operated company to a multi million dollar ESOP staffing firm there have been some challenges.

Advice to Management

Do not lose sight of the reason people love working for us and with us - the close knit vibe and 'we actually care' attitude. As the company grows it can be easy to let the little guy fall behind.

Great staffing company with good benefits and support

Current Contractor - Embedded Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Contractor - Embedded Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Protingent Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Adept recruiters, helpful & friendly support staff, good benefits and salary. My recruiter was smart, and paid close attention to finding jobs that matched specifically what I wanted.

Cons

They take a percentage of your hourly rate, and this amount is not exposed to you. That means you don't actually know how much you're "worth" in subsequent full time negotiations etc.

Advice to Management

Issue fleece jackets instead of vests if you actually want people to wear them. It's free advertising.

Protingent Staffing Response

Apr 25, 2014 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for your comments! I hope you're experience with Protingent continues to be a positive one.

Good upper management, watch out below

I worked at Protingent Staffing full-time

Pros

Good base pay. For those brave soles looking to own a franchise of a small family run staffing firm, here is your opportunity. Good upper management, experienced, friendly etc.

Cons

Nepotism can be an issue as this is a family owned and run company. Disconnect between upper and lower management. Urged to charge clients extra high fees now, rather than a long term view.

7. Very motivated and intelligent company

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Protingent Staffing

Pros

Team is great and everyone is motivated to grow the company. The leadership is proven and they are very involved day to day.

Cons

Smaller company so you have to work hard for exposure.

8. Most contracts position

I have been working at Protingent Staffing

Pros

People here are very kind to help you, and salary is ok to compare with contract positions. And the clients of this company are good and high quality. So this is a good place to find contract jobs.

Cons

contract positions, sometimes cannot guarantee your future. And for this point, company doesn't do a lot care about contract employee's career.

Advice to Management

Give some more benefits to contract position, and more details of those benefits.

RSS Feed </> Embed