Protiviti

Protiviti Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino

Joseph A. Tarantino

Pros:
  • "Good work / life balance (40-45 hours / week is normal; lots of vacation days)"
    in 70 reviews
  • "Great place to start a career, especially if you are making a career out of Auditing"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Recruiting promises not kept (work-life balance, limited travel if needed)"
    in 29 reviews
  • "The daily is more about internal audit or internal control rather than management consulting"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Cut throat environment. Old Arthur Anderson mentality and clique remains.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsResume building at Protiviti is excellent. Fortune 100 clients offer a great avenue to gain experience in many different industries.

ConsCulture does not promote trust and teamwork. Credit for sales and work do not foster an environment for teamwork. Turnover is extremely high. It appears that greater emphasis is placed on more introductory positions at lower salaries. In my office, all personnel in senior manager positions have moved on to other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder on culture that fosters teamwork and trust. Consider a clear path for promotion and advancement.

consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has good atmosphere to work. The people are very nice. The training is good.

ConsThe opportunity for future development can be improved. The projects can involved can be diversified.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould provide more chance for future development for the staffs.

ok place to work but do not expect commitment

Prosflexibility in work hours and locations, remote access is excellent

ConsSignificant turnaround on the consulting side and use of contractors on the operations side contribute to a cold and incohesive environment.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of change, a lot of ambiguity

ProsFlexibility, no micro-managing, good work-life-balance

ConsLack of organization and structure in defining and adhering to the contracts of work. A lot of ambiguity and back and forth with constantly changing managerial structure which leaves the contracted team feeling vulnerable, not know knowing who exactly they report to, for direction, for review, for help. This causes a bit of stress in such a dynamic - the feeling that the team is 'on their own' inside the company they work within, no real feeling of being included in/backed by the Protiviti team itself.

Great place to learn & grow

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsPEOPLE!! I work with great people daily. I learn a ton from them and then have the chance to turn around and teach others on my team too. Great culture with forward thinking strategy goals.

ConsVariable levels of leadership. Really important to get on a team with a great leader and then learn and then the sky is the limit.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership & Coaching for all levels, continue open door policy and great culture

Horrible - they only do SOX projects and Managers+ are very arrogant. Not sure why, no one has heard of the firm.

ProsIt is a job at least.

ConsIt is not a collaborative environment. Almost everything they 'advertise' is completely false.

Working at Protiviti was a good experience.

Process Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsWorking for Protiviti will allow you to gain a broad range of experience, such as working on different projects, different companies, and different industries.
    You will have the opportunity to work with many different managers and seniors on each project, which allows for the opportunity to learn different styles.
    Smaller Protiviti offices typically require more travel than larger offices.

ConsSeveral hats are worn when working in a smaller Protiviti office. For example, Senior Consultants will have to complete all senior duties, plus some manager level duties and staff level duties without recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should do a more thorough job of project reviews.

They are not what they portray themselves to be

Senior Consultant II (Current Employee)

ProsSome of the Consultants and Senior Consultants are a lot of fun to work with. People are generally self-motivated and produce a quality work product. Most individuals will experience working on projects in at least two or three different industries, possibly more.

ConsThe company is very deceptive in their recruitment process. I was told that I should expect to work an average of 42 hours per week; this is well below management's actual expectation and my personal average over the 3+ years I worked here was 53 hours per week. I was also told that less than 50% of my workload would be on Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance audits which turned out to be incorrect as well having worked 89% of my time on such projects. Although Protiviti claims to be a leader in many service offerings, the truth is they are still cutting their teeth on everything that is not financial audit. It logically follows that they offer employees little to no training on topics other than financial audit. Travel can be very frequent depending upon which division(s) and or team(s) you work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be honest with their recruits and present realistic expectations on hours, project diversity, and company expertise and training opportunities.

Worked here for almost 2 years.

Consultant II (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe people at Protiviti are Great to work with. When it comes to work/life balance I found that Protiviti was very flexible with that.

ConsThere isn'tmuch to say except that depending on what project you are staffed on in the beginning, you may remain there for a very long time with little chance for change.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more flexibility with different clients and jobs would greatly help morale of employees.

Working at protiviti

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsA very decent company to work for

ConsI did not have a good relationship with my reporting manager

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove on-boarding process

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!

Protiviti Videos

Protiviti – Why Work for Us?

About Us We believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. The Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Protiviti reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Protiviti CEO Joseph A. Tarantino. All 393 reviews posted anonymously by Protiviti employees.