Protiviti

Updated May 9, 2014

Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino

Joseph A. Tarantino

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to learn & grow

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsPEOPLE!! I work with great people daily. I learn a ton from them and then have the chance to turn around and teach others on my team too. Great culture with forward thinking strategy goals.

ConsVariable levels of leadership. Really important to get on a team with a great leader and then learn and then the sky is the limit.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership & Coaching for all levels, continue open door policy and great culture

Audit Firm Masked As A Consultancy

Business Risk Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Pros-This is great if you like to audit. You'll get plenty of opportunities to do so.
    -Work life balance is easily maintained here.
    -There are 1-2 excellent colleagues out of your class of 30-40
    -The pay is more competitive than Big 4, but it's quite low compared to most other places AND you do not get the Big 4 brand name on your resume. I'm not recommending Big 4's assurance or advisory divisions--I don't think they're worth it at all if you're putting in their hours (you might as well pursue IB or true Management Consulting).

Cons-They tell you they do consulting--they really don't.
    -No one ever gets fired unless they're mentally ill; thus, you have some really unthinkably dumb superiors. UNTHINKABLY. This results in the mediocrity increasing over time as the excellent people all leave to pursue better opportunities and other future excellent people not wanting to come in due to the fact that Protiviti is getting dumber and dumber.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement a 20/70/10 model like GE and others to fire bad people and reward your best people. It's not rocket science. You'll see your brand and product quality increase significantly over a few years.

Up and coming company with great culture; however, the work is very boring.

Consultant II (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Pros- People are genuinely nice
    - Young employees
    - Managing Directors are very accessible
    - The company is growing very fast and it is an exciting time to be there

Cons- For a consulting firm, they don't do much consulting
    - Internal Audit work is very dry, repetitive, and arduous
    - Leadership suggests that you be open about your work preferences, but they do not appreciate it when you do this
    - Review process needs to be fixed

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with recruits, your company does not have much consulting work in some regions, let them know this before they sign on full time.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work to get a variety of experiences.

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat place to work in a variety of industries on various projects. Work with smart people who have different backgrounds and expertise. Invests in training and learning opportunities. Set career progression.

ConsTravel and long hours at times. Can be slow if not staffed on a project. I did not always feel challenged on my projects.

IT Security

Consultant I (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Prospeople, pay, type of work

Consthe city, the brand recognition

Good first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Proswork/life balance, work culture (very young and fun), training (one of the best training programs), mentor program, opportunity for a lot of responsibility on projects, professional growth

Consmanagement visibility (open door policy, but you have to seek them out), type of work (audit can get somewhat tedious and boring)

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to interact with co-workers of all levels both in and outside of work. Also, be more aggressive on the types of projects to get (seems to be heavily audit-focused)

Good place to work

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDecent work life balance
    great people
    sometimes challenging assignements

Consrepetitive SOX work
    low pay compared to average
    lack of raises and incentive comp last few years

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your people and pay more

It's good for your first year out of college

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWork/life balance, first year starting pay (but NOT raises!), laid-back peeps, friendly culture.

Consbasically just an audit firm. work is very routine and mind-numbing after your first few projects. This is not really a consulting firm as much as it is an outsourced internal audit and finance/accounting service firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing...your business model works well for everyone who doesn't want to jump on the crazy Big 4 bandwagon, but there's a reason why your top talents are leaving--there's essentially no defined path to get to the top and because the MDs and directors aren't forced to retire like they did at Andersen, you can be stuck at senior manager and senior consultants for a while.

I work with smart people and have opportunity for advancement in a supportive environment.

Manager (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsQuick advancement through the ranks
    You have the opportunity to lead very early in your career
    You work with good people that you can trust
    Work is always challenging

ConsSome offices do not focus on all types of consulting which may limit your opportunities if you aren't interested in travelling

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild local office leadership that can sell all consulting solutions in all geographies

Senior Leader

Senior Director (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsVery professional. Emphasis on certifications and competency growth. Local market culture.

ConsStrategically challenged as a part of RHI.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on competency growth.

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!

Protiviti Videos

Protiviti – Why Work for Us?

About Us We believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. The Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Protiviti reviews and ratings in Dallas, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Protiviti CEO Joseph A. Tarantino. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Protiviti employees.