Protiviti Reviews

Reset
4.1
Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino
Joseph A. Tarantino

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than Big 4 (in 88 reviews)

• Nice place to start your career (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a farce here (in 35 reviews)

• Cannt only keep picking low hanging fruits forever - most work are still associated with SOX/Internal Audit (in 27 reviews)

Great Place to Start and Grow Your Career

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

I'll add my voice to the chorus and say that our people make the difference at Protiviti. At the most basic level, if you love who you work with, then work becomes something you look forward to. But Protiviti goes beyond that - our people drive the unique and exceptional culture at our company. From a new consultant to senior management, our people are given opportunities to take on important responsibilities that shape Protiviti. Whether it is participating in recruiting or planning an event for our i on Hunger campaign, our employees have the chance to make a difference not only within our company but also within our community.

Cons

Compensation could always be better, but that is offset by a strong vacation policy and commitment to work/life balance. I'd like to see more of a push for flexible work arrangements.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - as we continue to grow as a company, remember to stay true to our unique culture and enthusiasm.

Jul 7, 2015 – VP-People & Culture

Thanks for your comments on the satisfaction you have working alongside your Protiviti peers. Our people are the best thing about working here! Regarding flexible work arrangements (FWA), we are in ... More

Good place to learn

Current Employee - Experienced Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Experienced Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Protiviti is big enough where you can get varied experience (IA, Process improvement, IT consulting) and small enough to get recognized for your hardwork. Management is friendly. The team overall is young and fun. They love people with big 4 experience.

Cons

Protiviti is growing and it is growing fast but it is still not a recognized brand- does not do much for your resume. Because it is growing, they have more resource needs than people. You are often a body who is placed on projects regardless of our career goals or what you may have been promised during the interview. You are told to talk to your career advisor but it often falls on deaf ears as business needs in a rapidly growing office supersede everything else. Get ready for a lot of SOX. - their main sell to clients is SOX. The turn over is ridiculous! Many year 1 and 2 consultants get some experience and jump ships. NEGOTIATE YOUR SALARY! I didn't negotiate and found out I am significantly underpaid compared to my peers. They will tell you it is because of the experience XYZ brings but it is incorrect. NEGOTIATE!

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee's needs when it comes to staffing. Continue with your friendly corporate culture. 401K is sub par.

Respected International Consulting Firm

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are not just a number - do well and you will stand out and be highlighted for your positive contributions.

Cons

It is consulting, so if you don't like travel, may not be a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep pressing forward and striving for stretch goals - its worked in the past in that Protiviti has achieved record growth for multiple years.

5. Great place to work

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great work-life balance, great culture, great people, strong leadership team, lots of training, excellent growth and promotion potential

Cons

salaries and benefits could be better but this is clearly offset by the quality of the work environment and overall experience and growth by being part of the company

6. Rapid growth in experience.

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of growth opportunities in many industries and solutions. Projects are often short (less than a year) giving one lots of opportunities to try out many options.

Cons

Exponential amount of responsibilities as one advances in position. Opportunities tend to vary from office to office with the smaller offices having less variety in projects and solutions available.

Advice to Management

Plan resources more effectively. Have more regular evaluations to see if a consultants career path is aligned with his/hers projects.

May 15, 2015 – Global Talent Management Lead

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your work experience. I am glad you are finding lots of opportunities for growth and responsibility. We recently revamped our evaluation ... More

7. A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Flexibility - I am able to work on projects I enjoy and am trusted to take care of my responsibilities while managing my own schedule. The Culture - We collaborate with our internal teams and with our clients. We have fun while we are working. We enjoy each others company. The Values - This company stands firm for its values and supports each individual to ensure we consider our values and promises day to day.

Cons

The ebb and flow of the market can result in periods of downtime followed by periods of increased work. This is mostly at the higher levels.

Advice to Management

Continue to place a focus on supporting women in the workplace, especially working mothers, as well as parents, in general. It's a changing game, and we need to ensure that we can maintain our top talent, even those that are new parents, struggling to juggle home life and work life. Continue to support the work life blend that we preach.

Apr 27, 2015 – HR Leader

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you have such positive experiences here at Protiviti. We continue to develop new ways to address the challenges of work-life integration, especially as it ... More

Not so great

Former Intern - Process Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Process Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Protiviti as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are very friendly and young. If you are starting out, you might be tempted by the friendliness of the staff and coworkers.

Cons

The work is incredibly simple. Somebody from any major can come in and do the work. It's more admin-related work. I spoke with many people working there who agreed with me on that end.

Feb 26, 2015 – U.S. Campus Recruiting Lead

Thank you for your commentary around your experience as an intern. Here at Protiviti, we take great pride in our intern program, and we strive to show every intern the value that he or she delivers ... More

9. Great place to start your career

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Protiviti is a great place to start for an entry level Finance, Accounting, or MIS major. The people around you are those who have lives and yet are skilled workers. You usually work a normal 8-5, unless deadlines are approaching. You definitely don't work the crazy hours that external auditors do (9 AM to 1 AM).

Cons

The work you do is based off of whatever need clients have. You can be working a fun project, or a really boring one. You may also deal with clients who are cooperative or those who are making your life difficult. Also, schedules are dependent upon the client. Lastly, changeability is the ability to stay booked on clients. This can affect your bonus if you are not working for clients for a significant amount of time. You still get paid salary, but you become an expense to the company, so try to stay active and let your managers know that you'll be available if the time comes.

Advice to Management

Try to make schedules as flexible as possible (specifically Fridays) and fix bonuses to not be based off of changeability.

Not what I expected.

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-The only truly good reason to work here is the people. Most of the people here are really nice and helpful. -Do not work much overtime.

Cons

-Work is extremely boring and repetitive. -Work is easy and non-challenging. -You do not learn anything from this job. -No skills will be learned that will be useful in another job, unless wanting to be in internal audit. -Incentive programs are not very good, bonuses are low. -Most work relating to SOX Testing. -You may have little influence as to what/ where your assignments may be. -Most people select their jobs based on the people, but this is an exception. No matter how great the people here are the work will make you miserable because it is so slow and boring.

Dec 12, 2014 – Texas Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you are enjoying the people you are working with and that you find Protiviti’s work/life blend to be positive. In regards to your project work, I would ... More

Management / Operations Consulting - great!

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

people, culture, variety of work

Cons

change in job (not a steady location since you're always at a client-site)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

RSS Feed </> Embed