Protiviti Reviews

Reset
4.0
Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino
Joseph A. Tarantino

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than Big 4 (in 88 reviews)

• Nice place to start your career (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a farce here (in 35 reviews)

• Cannt only keep picking low hanging fruits forever - most work are still associated with SOX/Internal Audit (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Left the Big 4 and haven't looked back since joining Protiviti.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Significantly improved work-life balance. Competitive salary and incentive structure. Company culture is hands down the best I've experienced. A truly collaborative organization filled with smart people who genuinely care about the professional growth of their peers and want to help each other. It almost sounds too good to be true - but in actuality, this firm is peaking. With earnings as high as they've ever been in 2014, and the company making its mark in Fortune 100's Best Companies to Work For list (albeit, #100 is "last place" but let's put into perspective just how young this company is and how quickly it ended up on this prestigious list for the first time since the company's inception).

Cons

Hopefully, this streak of winning will continue for as long as possible. For now, I am enjoying the ride and re-invigorated with a new energy for my career - a certain spark that I felt when I first started out as a Big 4 consultant... only to see it quickly fade away and drown out in a sea of office politics, unclear performance review standards, two-faced management, subpar compensation/incentives, and broken career promises (i.e. "sure we'll try to staff you on XYZ project ... just stick it out with current ABC project for another year.") Some of these qualities are inevitable when it comes to consulting firms, and I'd be lying if I said Protiviti was an exception. However, what makes this firm awesome is that these are kept to the bare minimum. The firm continues to make a CLEAR effort to listen to its employees and REACT to the feedback provided, so that working here is a POSITIVE EXPERIENCE.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, Senior Recruiting Specialists! You guys have an uncanny ability to spot talent and filter out the fakes. My only advice is as the firm continues to gain traction in the media and the pool of applicants grows exponentially, it may be more difficult and even overwhelming to separate the "Yes's" from the "No's"... but please continue to maintain the same standard of quality control used to screen and filter applicants properly. Watch out for sociopath managers who are toxic to any team they join, they will start a domino effect of employee abuse that is irreversible. This will severely taint the unique qualities that make Protiviti's employees phenomenal people to work with.

Protiviti Response

Jul 1, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you taking the time to provide your experiences at Protiviti! I appreciate the shout-out to our recruiting team and I'm so glad that you've had great experiences working with them! It's a ... More

Great Environment

Former Employee - Technology Risk Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Technology Risk Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits and awesome paid time off. Great management.

Cons

I dont have any cons.

3. Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Daly City, CA

I worked at Protiviti (More than a year)

Pros

Good Company to start early career in risk management.

Cons

poor communication between upper management and lower staff.

5. Managing Director

Current Employee - Managing Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great people, great culture and an amazing company.

Cons

None that I have uncovered.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring and keep growing!

6. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Chicago, IL

Pros

Young, lively place to work. My opinions and thoughts are always heard, and our office manager is one in a million. The pay and work/life balance are unbeatable.

Cons

The strict timelines for Consultants and Senior Consultants can be disheartening for people trying to remain challenged on a constant basis.

Good Company But Still a Job

Pros

Flexibility, personal development, most coworkers are smart and hardworking, variety of engagements

Cons

Upwards feedback seems pointless and can actually hurt your career development, lack of training

8. Protiviti Inc.

Current Employee - IT Security Consultant II in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Security Consultant II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Protiviti (More than a year)

Pros

Good Corp. culture....great people to work with. Easily approved CTO as long as you communicate with your EM and client.

Cons

Travel varries. If client if out of town then there is a lot of travel involved. SUnday-Thursday night.

9. Manager

Pros

Small firm feel but emerging firm name/size.

Cons

Compensation and types of engagements. Want to become a true consulting firm but cannot shake internal audit name.

10. Great Company!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Been here for my entire career (approx 10 years) and not only has it been a great place to start, but also continue my career. Great people and great management and leadership team focused on delivering value to their people and our clients.

Cons

We are often scrambling for resources. Recruiting on the experienced hire side has been lackluster at this point. I know the market is strong right now, but there have to be more people out there then we are seeing come in for interviews.

Protiviti Response

Aug 10, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you taking the time to provide your experiences at Protiviti in Chicago! It is definitely a war on talent right now and we are 100% focused on increasing the pipeline and finding new ways to ... More

11. If it is to be, it is up to me ... 10 2 letter words

Current Employee - Managing Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Protiviti is a the best place I know of for those who seek to make a difference in the world by creating a consulting firm that helps companies meet their strategic objectives in a practical, innovative and sincere way. It takes aggressive action, a tremendous amount of initiative, a passion for your interests, and focus to bring your insights to the market.

Cons

If you are looking for a 45 hour a week job where you are told what to do - this is not the place. If you want to complain about "them" not getting it or not doing the right things, then you'll have to speak up and put energy into finding a way to make a difference -- after all, "them" is "us" at Protiviti - we feel like we are in this together.

Advice to Management

Have higher expectations on our people than any other firm in the world. High expectations that they do the small things for our clients when no one is looking; that they mentor our younger consultants out of sincerity; that they will speak up when they see something going astray and assume good intent and offer to work on a solution. Continue to trust our people, their passion and ideas to continuously recreate and advance Protiviti as it continues its evolution as the best consulting firm on earth.

RSS Feed </> Embed