Protiviti

Protiviti Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino

Joseph A. Tarantino

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance can be maintained , though if you are travelling 4 days a week its tough"
    in 61 reviews
  • "Great place to start a career or grow"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "Recruiting promises not kept (work-life balance, limited travel if needed)"
    in 28 reviews
  • "Pay is lower than Big 4 accounting firms, however you typically work 40-50 hours a week, much less than"
    in 19 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Technology Consultant

Technology Risk Consultant I (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time for more than a year

ProsI have thoroughly enjoyed working as a Technology Consultant for a year and being a previous intern. At Protiviti, you are given the opportunity to work in any industry or solution that fits you. You can choose from Social Engineering to SOX Compliance.

The mentoring program is great having a "buddy" at the consultant level, "advisor" at manager level and "executive advisor" at director level. My mentors always worked to meet my needs and staffed me on projects that I was interested in. They took interest in me personally beyond work and felt more like friends.

The culture is young and welcoming. Majority of employees are 22-35 and there are always social events to attend outside of work. I have made life long friends and deep client relationships (great networking).

Protiviti has extensive training at each level in the company and really invest in their employees knowledge and growth. You attend a "Challenge" school each time you get promoted. I attended The Intern Challenge and The Consultant Challenge. Both schools have been the highlight of my career providing me great training and the most fun weeks of my life.

Work-life balance is a big deal in the company. I have never worked over 40 hours/week. There is a chance you could work over time but it is very rare (i.e. meeting a deadline) and they find a way to give that time back to you like leaving work early on Friday or coming in late the next morning. It is also very rare to work on weekends, even though some people do work on the weekend by choice.

ConsStarting salary may not be high but you are promoted quickly which in turn increases pay at a fast rate. Turnover is higher as you become Manager-level and above due to people leaving to an industry job (this is a personal preference though).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore competitive salary

the wheel that turned really slowly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Protiviti full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgreat work life balance, lots of training, great people to work with..

ConsManagement is all about themselves.. no timely raises. senority defintely plays a role.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the company values.

Overall, it is alright, some good things some improvement areas.

I have been working at Protiviti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people, great culture, interesting client working, great variety in client industries.

ConsWork worked, expected to consistently work over capacity/

Advice to Senior Managementinvest more time to listening to employees

consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Protiviti

ProsThe company has good atmosphere to work. The people are very nice. The training is good.

ConsThe opportunity for future development can be improved. The projects can involved can be diversified.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould provide more chance for future development for the staffs.

Cut throat environment. Old Arthur Anderson mentality and clique remains.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Protiviti full-time for more than 3 years

ProsResume building at Protiviti is excellent. Fortune 100 clients offer a great avenue to gain experience in many different industries.

ConsCulture does not promote trust and teamwork. Credit for sales and work do not foster an environment for teamwork. Turnover is extremely high. It appears that greater emphasis is placed on more introductory positions at lower salaries. In my office, all personnel in senior manager positions have moved on to other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder on culture that fosters teamwork and trust. Consider a clear path for promotion and advancement.

A lot of change, a lot of ambiguity

I have been working at Protiviti as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFlexibility, no micro-managing, good work-life-balance

ConsLack of organization and structure in defining and adhering to the contracts of work. A lot of ambiguity and back and forth with constantly changing managerial structure which leaves the contracted team feeling vulnerable, not know knowing who exactly they report to, for direction, for review, for help. This causes a bit of stress in such a dynamic - the feeling that the team is 'on their own' inside the company they work within, no real feeling of being included in/backed by the Protiviti team itself.

ok place to work but do not expect commitment

I have been working at Protiviti as a contractor for more than a year

Prosflexibility in work hours and locations, remote access is excellent

ConsSignificant turnaround on the consulting side and use of contractors on the operations side contribute to a cold and incohesive environment.

Great place to learn & grow

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPEOPLE!! I work with great people daily. I learn a ton from them and then have the chance to turn around and teach others on my team too. Great culture with forward thinking strategy goals.

ConsVariable levels of leadership. Really important to get on a team with a great leader and then learn and then the sky is the limit.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership & Coaching for all levels, continue open door policy and great culture

Horrible - they only do SOX projects and Managers+ are very arrogant. Not sure why, no one has heard of the firm.

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

ProsIt is a job at least.

ConsIt is not a collaborative environment. Almost everything they 'advertise' is completely false.

Working at Protiviti was a good experience.

Process Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Protiviti full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking for Protiviti will allow you to gain a broad range of experience, such as working on different projects, different companies, and different industries.
You will have the opportunity to work with many different managers and seniors on each project, which allows for the opportunity to learn different styles.
Smaller Protiviti offices typically require more travel than larger offices.

ConsSeveral hats are worn when working in a smaller Protiviti office. For example, Senior Consultants will have to complete all senior duties, plus some manager level duties and staff level duties without recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should do a more thorough job of project reviews.

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!

Protiviti Videos

Protiviti – Why Work for Us?

About Us We believe that a career is about more than just working, providing deliverables, and being compensated for your efforts. The Protiviti Career is about opportunities to lead, learn, grow, and make a difference… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Protiviti reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Protiviti CEO Joseph A. Tarantino. All 369 reviews posted anonymously by Protiviti employees.