Protiviti Reviews

Reset
4.0
Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino
Joseph A. Tarantino

Pros
  • Work/life balance is better than Big 4 (in 88 reviews)

• Nice place to start your career (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a farce here (in 35 reviews)

• Cannt only keep picking low hanging fruits forever - most work are still associated with SOX/Internal Audit (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Left the Big 4 and haven't looked back since joining Protiviti.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Significantly improved work-life balance. Competitive salary and incentive structure. Company culture is hands down the best I've experienced. A truly collaborative organization filled with smart people who genuinely care about the professional growth of their peers and want to help each other. It almost sounds too good to be true - but in actuality, this firm is peaking. With earnings as high as they've ever been in 2014, and the company making its mark in Fortune 100's Best Companies to Work For list (albeit, #100 is "last place" but let's put into perspective just how young this company is and how quickly it ended up on this prestigious list for the first time since the company's inception).

Cons

Hopefully, this streak of winning will continue for as long as possible. For now, I am enjoying the ride and re-invigorated with a new energy for my career - a certain spark that I felt when I first started out as a Big 4 consultant... only to see it quickly fade away and drown out in a sea of office politics, unclear performance review standards, two-faced management, subpar compensation/incentives, and broken career promises (i.e. "sure we'll try to staff you on XYZ project <or something that better aligns with your interests>... just stick it out with current ABC project <or something that is in demand and needs more bodies ASAP> for another year.") Some of these qualities are inevitable when it comes to consulting firms, and I'd be lying if I said Protiviti was an exception. However, what makes this firm awesome is that these are kept to the bare minimum. The firm continues to make a CLEAR effort to listen to its employees and REACT to the feedback provided, so that working here is a POSITIVE EXPERIENCE.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, Senior Recruiting Specialists! You guys have an uncanny ability to spot talent and filter out the fakes. My only advice is as the firm continues to gain traction in the media and the pool of applicants grows exponentially, it may be more difficult and even overwhelming to separate the "Yes's" from the "No's"... but please continue to maintain the same standard of quality control used to screen and filter applicants properly. Watch out for sociopath managers who are toxic to any team they join, they will start a domino effect of employee abuse that is irreversible. This will severely taint the unique qualities that make Protiviti's employees phenomenal people to work with.

Jul 1, 2015 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you taking the time to provide your experiences at Protiviti! I appreciate the shout-out to our recruiting team and I'm so glad that you've had great experiences working with them! It's a ... More

2. Fantastic Company to Work For

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The People. Absolutely some of the nicest and most helping community of people I have ever worked for. I feel like they really care about their employees. This is evident not only in the culture but the amount spent on training and developing their employees.

Cons

Hopefully the culture and small company within a large company vibe wont change as Protiviti continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Don't ever lose focus of where the company started.

Sr, Manager

I worked at Protiviti full-time

Pros

Reputation of the Parent Company

Cons

Senior Management team lacks diversity

Advice to Management

Expand diversity into management staff

lost it's way

I worked at Protiviti full-time

Pros

good benefits, generally good and interesting peers, but questionable long term leadership hard to see how these guys will be successful long term.

Cons

This is an internal audit firm. if you do anything else, expect to marginalized and pushed into audit at the drop of a hat. might be good for auditors, but not for anyone else.

Advice to Management

build systems to reward non-auditors and support them so they don't all leave.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome group of people, great pay, work life balance

Cons

The work can be a little bring at times.

Advice to Management

Hire more people !

Jul 7, 2015 – VP-People & Culture

Thanks for your feedback! I want to assure you that we are focused -- laser focused -- on fueling the growth with more great people. Our recruiting team is full-steam-ahead! I want to encourage you ... More

7. Incredible Summer at Protiviti

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Was unsure at first if I would like working as a consultant, yet I have truly enjoyed the consulting an intern experience at Protiviti!

Cons

Work is work, you're not going to like it all.

Senior Consultant

Former Employee - Senior Consultant II in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant II in Chicago, IL

I worked at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a chance to work with some really smart people who are more than capable and often come to Protivit looking for a better company culture and flexibility they may not have gotten in the big 4 or larger consulting/audit firms.

Cons

There is absolutely zero diversity at Protiviti. Unless you fit perfectly into a box, management with exclusion of very few don't know what to do with you. As a firm growing at a rapid pace, it makes sense to update your resource planning and deployment practices. HR is a joke, during my time at Protiviti, I witnessed countless HR violations some directed toward me others toward team members. The problem is HR isn't readily available to listen and react, they always seem to be two steps behind. Even my resignation took two weeks to be submitted because there was no one to take my call or respond to my meeting requests in HR. Working for Protiviti was a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Focus on cultivating and developing existing talent much as you focus on growing by numbers. Consider the caliber of work that you accept as well as the skill level of the team you send out to the client. Quality should always be of the utmost importance, don't be afraid to speak up to the client where you know the ask is against regulatory authority as well as common practices.

Protiviti >

Current Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Intern in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Protiviti (Less than a year)

Pros

This company cares more about the people that work for them more than anything. It's invigorating to be involved in a company that is so persistent in trying to make sure we know what we mean to them.

Cons

I was told coming in that I would be travelling to a lot of different states for client site visits but won't be moving more than a 30 minute drive from the office at all during this internship unfortunately.

Advice to Management

Make sure you see your employees more during the week! It's treated as a "treat" to see them more than big events on the weekend or after hours.

Jul 7, 2015 – VP-People & Culture

We are pleased you are spending your internship with us! I hope you get to experience all that Protiviti offers. In consulting, your work assignments are hard to predict (this is both positive and ... More

10. Great place to move up quickly and gain experience!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to provide consulting services to many different companies and gain valuable industry experience. Also allows one to choose a specialty and reimbursed for certifications.

Cons

Project based work so rarely have downtime

11. work life balance

Current Employee - IAFA IT Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - IAFA IT Consultant in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is very flexible, and has good culture

Cons

Job becomes challenging when you have many project at once.

RSS Feed </> Embed