Protiviti

Updated January 30, 2015
3.7

Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino
Joseph A. Tarantino

Pros
  • Good work / life balance (40-45 hours / week is normal; lots of vacation days) (in 88 reviews)

• It's both a great place to start your career and a great place to stay (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Recruiting promises not kept (work-life balance, limited travel if needed) (in 35 reviews)

• The company has a focus on consulting, but does alot of internal audit work (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

This is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Associate Director in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The culture and people are the best thing about working here. The culture is one of work life balance while everyone has a "do-whatever-it-takes" attitude. The people we hire are the best and brightest so it makes for an awesome work experience. The leadership team understands that their people are their biggest asset and treat us as such. There is a significant amount of money devoted to training and certifications.

Cons

The only knock on the company and our local leadership team is that they are very risk averse. This is obviously a good thing for longevity of the company but does cause some angst when trying to pursue certain opportunities, especially in IT.

Loosen up a bit -- don't be so risk averse. Continue to put our people and clients first. Benefits are great and promotional opportunities are abundant. I also like the company strategy.

I love this company, they do great work for great companies

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They get it. Less travel than at the Big Four, ascension is reasonably fast, policies are fair and sound. They treat their people really well, and they take care of their clients.

Cons

When I joined as a Sr. Consultant, I couldn't negotiate vacation time and gave up over a week of time from my prior annual allowance.

You're doing things right. Please keep it up.

Current Manager

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance and opportunity for growth

Cons

Retirement and Heathcare Benfits. Overall not much else

None

Strong culture, leadership

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Very strong and postive culture - People "mesh" well together, creating an exremely positive environment.
    Strong leadership - Everyone always has time to help, upper management provides a great deal of career guidance, advice and support. Leaders are exemplary and act as strong models to emulate.

Cons

Benefits - High deductibles and premiums
    401k matching is sub-par
    Pay lags behind other firms for technical positions

Excellent Leadership in Chicago and National in the Technology Practice

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Protiviti really takes care of its people and welcomes them to the firm

Cons

Large and professional consulting firms have traditional hierarchies. This is common at firms Protiviti's size and exist here as well.

R&C consultant

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

friendly working environment, flexible working hours

Cons

so far so good no

Great firm to work for, wide variety of experience, great work life balance and excellent culture.

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Great people, interesting projects, competitive salary, good time off

Cons

There is a significant amount of travel.

Great opportunity to advance and obtain a wide base of industry experience.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant I in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant I in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- If you ask, they will provide opportunities for you to grow and advance (if you ask).
    - If you communicate your interest, they do their best to staff you on projects/industries and locations you desire (if you communicate your wants and needs).
    - Promotion track is fast and realistic, you can move up almost every 2 years if you are a high performer.
    - Vacation planning is totally in your control if you plan far enough in advance (you can easily take a month off at a time if you desire).
    - Overall work-life balance is great, but is it up to you to manage it and raise your hand if work is becoming over burdensome. Individuals who say their is no work life-balance are simply not communicating their needs.

Cons

- Compensation is some what below Big 4 and similar to mid-tier firms (I obtained the same salary offers from mid-tier firms).

Consider charging clients Big 4 rates and increase salaries to be more competitive with Big 4, then you will get the cream of the crop.

Consultant

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

Travel. Length of project

Overall, good company to work for

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

Management is very understanding of a flexible working schedule. Hardly ever get push back for asking to come in late (and work late to make up the time) because of a doctor appointment or emergency. For the Houston office, everyone seems to get along really well together, making for a good work environment.

Cons

Tell you they will staff you on projects you are interesting in, however that rarely actually happens. Also, the 401k match is lacking.

Protiviti Response

Jan 8, 2015HR Leader

As HR lead for the Houston office, I am happy to hear that you feel supported in your effort to balance work and life. I also appreciate your comments on the staffing process. Our approach to ... More