Protiviti

Protiviti Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Protiviti President and CEO Joseph A. Tarantino

Joseph A. Tarantino

Pros
  • Good work / life balance (40-45 hours / week is normal; lots of vacation days)(in 74 reviews)

• Nice place to start your career(in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Recruiting promises not kept (work-life balance, limited travel if needed)(in 31 reviews)

• The company has a focus on consulting, but does alot of internal audit work(in 21 reviews)

Vibrant and collegial professionals helping clients solve their business problems

ProsGreat colleagues! Protiviti is small enough that you know your colleagues from many other offices (both in the US and Globally) but large enough to have recognition in the marketplace after just 12 years in business. From my knowledge, I believe our professionals are provided meaningful rewards and recognition, including but not limited to compensation (base and incentive comp/bonus), benefits (health, life, etc), and public recognition for contributions to the organization. I also like how the entire organization (including upper management) gives back to the local and global community through our iCare events and activities.

ConsI really can't think of any con's to share.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on the Promises to our People and Clients. If we continue to deliver on these promises, I believe we will continue to grow and improve our performance.

Internship Experience

Consultant (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsWorking in teams can be challenging sometimes specially as an intern. At Protiviti, every team member will be willing to help you out from the first year consultants to the Managing Director. Work is challenging but very interesting, and it changes on a daily basis so it does not become redundant. You will be paired with a peer advisor, a career advisor, and an executive advisor, all who are more than willing to provide great advice to succeed in this career path. The company culture is extremely welcoming. I had a great experience and I accepted a full time position at the conclusion of the internship.

ConsIf you are unwilling to travel this can be an issue as many of the engagements require travel.

IT Consultant II

Internal Audit Consultant (IT) (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThis is an awesome place to work. Everybody is very nice and willing to help you success in your projects.

ConsStill awesome...I don't have anything bad yet... and I'm not sure if I will have it...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you doing ?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Graduate Program!

IT/Internal Audit Consultant (Current Employee) Canberra (Australia)

ProsAustralian graduates will have the opportunity to have their Induction Training with all the graduates from across the country in Melbourne. I thought this was a great idea as it built our networks within the company from day one.

Graduates are also sent to the United States for training with the US graduates (and some other countries), This further builds your network on a global scale, which is priceless in my opinion.

So far I have found the culture here to be really "family" like, everyone is keen to socialise in and out of work, I have made some great work mates since starting in March 2014.

I could ramble on about all the support and training Protiviti provides to their graduates, but you should just apply and find out for yourselves! (Happy to elaborate if requested though)

ConsJob scheduling can sometimes become quite hectic, work becomes quite busy at times. This problem is sort of a false Con, as this means there will always be work for you and you will not be idling at your desk doing nothing.

Good impression for new hires

Internal Audit Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOverall a great impression so far. The NY campus recruiters conducted a smooth and quick operation, so much that it played a deciding factor on choosing Protiviti while considering other offers. The company has created a great experience for us new hires so far at the consultant challenge in Chicago.

ConsNothing negative to say at this moment.

Understanding

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are facing any personal problems, the people at Protiviti definitely understand. I was just recently hired and I had a personal and legal problem that I was facing, and they were very open about talking to me about this issue. They were discrete as well as empathetic to my circumstances and have supported me through the process.

ConsI am not sure what to write.

Excellent place to start a career

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood benefits, nice people, don't work as much as other consulting companies

ConsCompensation is not as high as other big for consulting companies, normal consulting issues that people complain about but we all choose this lifestyle so no room for complaints

Great Training Opportunities for New Hires

Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsDuring the first few weeks of employment staff from all over the country come in to train all the new hires. You get a great opportunity to meet peers and higher-ups before you even start your first work engagement. In addition, right off the bat they put you in challenging situations to help your grow and learn.

ConsThere is a lot of knowledge that comes at your quickly and it can be difficult to get a full grasp on them in a short period of time.

Internship experience

Intern (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat work life balance. Fantastic culture with great people to work with! Lots of floating holidays

ConsAs an intern I am yet to experience any part of the company that I didn't like.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Superiors invested in Development, teamwork and team players. Trustworthy management

Manager, Internal Audit (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosall of my superiors, whether they are my direct superiors, mentors or not, are invested in my development. Everyone is a team player and willing to roll their sleeves up to get the job done. The majority of the people are young, smart, and fun. Benefits are great with good vacation, sabbaticals, benefits, etc.

ConsTravel can be heavy. You must speak up in order to get the salary you want at the time you want.

Worked for Protiviti? Contribute to the Community!