Protiviti

www.protiviti.com

great culture, great leadership, strong growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Protiviti full-time

Pros

The people are what make Protiviti great. The culture of professionals they have developed directly correlates to the success of the business. There are plenty of opportunities to experiences a variety of industries and projects.

Cons

You may have little influence as to what/ where your assignments may be. Travel can become extensive.

Continue developing the culture in the same manner and I am sure it will lead to continued growth and success

Work doesn't deliver on promise during interviews

Current Employee - Consultant II in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Most of the Managers and below are great people and really enjoyable to work with
    -There is a lot of work to go around, so once you get busy you stay busy
    -Lots of opportunity to take charge and get responsibilities on projects that might be over your specific level

Cons

-Pay is low
    -Benefits aren't great
    -Computers and overall tech is average, at best.
    -Biggest issue is Management is focused on taking any work they can win. There is no discerning of what kind of work is 'good work' vs 'bad work' or work that we should be declining. We are hiring like crazy to handle all the work we are winning but we are winning terrible work that is beneath the skill set of many people here. We could be helping clients with much tougher problems than we are.
    -Promotions are very hierarchical and tied up with corporate politics. It is largely who you know and who likes you when it comes to promotions, not how well you perform. Much easier to be hired into a level than get promoted internally so if you are coming from industry, get the highest title you possibly can when you come in!

Stop focusing so much on the $$$ of work. All work is not created equal and it would be worth it to turn down some of the most menial work sometimes to enhance our brand and focus ourselves. We are hiring like mad to keep up with the work we are getting, but it is not work that the new people are excited about doing and it creates a culture of discontent and disappointment amongst the lower ranks since they see none of the money that comes from taking on the work (senior managers and above get sales credit).

Slow down, maybe don't hire so much and focus on getting work that will grow your employees skill sets and make them not hate 80% of the projects they get staffed on.

Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to start a career. I've been here for 7 years and really enjoy the people I work with. The compensation is good and the work/life balance is good.

Cons

As with any consulting company, your put in new positions and required to adapt very quickly. This is an existing part of the job and I really enjoy it.

Not what I expected.

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-The only truly good reason to work here is the people. Most of the people here are really nice and helpful.
    -Do not work much overtime.

Cons

-Work is extremely boring and repetitive.
    -Work is easy and non-challenging.
    -You do not learn anything from this job.
    -No skills will be learned that will be useful in another job, unless wanting to be in internal audit.
    -Incentive programs are not very good, bonuses are low.
    -Most work relating to SOX Testing.
    -You may have little influence as to what/ where your assignments may be.
    -Most people select their jobs based on the people, but this is an exception. No matter how great the people here are the work will make you miserable because it is so slow and boring.

Dec 12, 2014Texas Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you are enjoying the people you are working with and that you find Protiviti’s work/life blend to be positive. In regards to your project work, I would ... More

Job Title (what you're told): Consultant; Job Description (What you actually do): Auditor

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Protiviti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Relocation opportunities, cool people that you work with.

Cons

Don't pay high enough for the work you do. You have to drive A LOT, prepare to be in traffic sometimes 4 hours a day because the clients aren't in San Francisco.

You aren't a consultant, you most likely are just going to work on SOX Audits

Be more transparent with the work people are going to have to do.

Dec 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed working with the team in the Bay Area. I agree there are fantastic opportunities to relocate domestically and ... More

I joined Protiviti from the Big 4, and I do not regret my decision whatsoever.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is amazing.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Great culture, fast growing

Former Employee - Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Protiviti full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Protiviti has created an amazing culture and has maintained it despite how fast they are growing. They really spoil their employees with opportunities, perks and involvement. The people that work at Protiviti are down to earth and intelligent. I never felt mislead about the opportunities that were promised me.

Cons

Because they are fast growing the work gets stressful and time consuming. There is a lot of traveling involved but for some that is not a con but rather a pro.

Keep on making consultants feel like they are allowed to give input! That is one of the greatest things about this company.

Great company that lives their values and solid leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The leadership is visible and personable and really value employees. The work-life balance has gotten better from when I first started as a program was recently rolled out to accommodate employee family responsibilities. There is also always opportunities for happy hours, golf outings, community service, additional training/certifications and ways to get involved outside of your normal day. You get what you put in.

Cons

There aren't many options for medical benefits; however, I hear this is changing in 2015.

The management in our office are very positive and makes it easy to want to work for them. My suggestion is to continue to try to make yourselves available and involved in the day to day culture.

Great Company

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Protiviti full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Protiviti is a great company to work for. Over the past few years they have become much more transparent with decisions around strategic direction, compensation and promotions. The leadership is very focused on a strong inclusive culture, building a business everyone can be proud of and sharing the results of company growth with the employees. The type of work has diversified a great deal in the last few years and they are very focused on growing consulting areas that are in demand like IT consulting and Financial Services consulting. It's both a great place to start your career and a great place to stay.

Cons

Continue to improve upon company benefits. The company has made some improvements in the past year (after hours childcare, paid parental leave, etc) and that is a good trend to continue. The 401k match needs to improve.

Continue to be transparent with business growth and direction of the firm. Take time to ensure all team members understand the value in what they are delivering to the client and how their individual roles fit into the larger engagement.

Oct 17, 2014VP-People & Culture

We appreciate your feedback on your experiences at Protiviti -- and I share your optimism about our future!

We are working hard to strengthen our benefits. You may already be aware, but this year
    ... More

It has been a great experience with Protiviti. This has been my best job.

I have been working at Protiviti

Pros

work culture, amazing people, work-life balance, activities. Overall Fun place to work

Cons

I dont have any cons to say.

Oct 24, 2014Global Talent Management Lead

Wonderful! We are so glad it has been such a great experience for you and thank you for sharing your feedback!