Proto Labs Reviews in Maple Plain, MN
3 people found this helpful
Pros – - Base salary is fair, all employees receive a year end bonus payout based on company growth
- Advancement opportunities are excellent for most departments, such as manufacturing, operations, and development
- Medical benefits for employees are better than most companies
- Corporate culture is laid back and flexible; not micro-managed, management is very accommodating for scheduling time off, dress code is jeans and a t-shirt for most employees, even upper management/execs rarely wear ties
- Management looks for the strengths of their employees and works to put their employees in a position to excel, rather than focusing on deficiencies
- Cafe (in HQ building) and vending machines are subsidized by the company and food quality is excellent
- Always cool stuff: not a month goes by where all employees aren't treated to a lunch, picnic, or free stuff (t-shirts, etc.)
Cons – - Departments are physically & culturally separated; left hand often does not know what the right is doing, stark differences in management style from department to department
- No sick days, all time off comes out of PTO (but PTO accrues at a higher rate than anywhere else I've worked)
- Adding family or children to medical benefits is expensive, but no reduction in benefit coverage
Advice to Senior Management – Time in position requirements to advance are bogus! When an employee meets all other requirements to advance, let them.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
1 person found this helpful
Pros – -Decent base salary
-Good medical benefits
-Employee stock option plan
-The lots of great people to work with (below mgmt. level).
-In Sales you get paid for overtime.
-Not micromanaged as much as some inside sales positions.
-Very, very causal work environment.
-Laid back dress code, you can wear jeans and a sweatshirt every day.
Cons – -Commission structure is horrible, very low incentives.
-You don’t get paid on retention.
-You only get paid on new business you bring in and you only get commission off that account for a year.
-No one on the sales team makes six figures.
- Mgmt. is very deceiving about the total salary you will be making in a sales position.
-Everyone only gets a 20min paid lunch break.
-No room to move up in company.
-Has had horrible turn around in the last year in the sales dept.
-No sick days, comes out of your paid vacation time.
-Not a very professional work environment.
-Mgmt has no idea what they are doing.
-Executives are very disconnected from employees.
Advice to Senior Management – Mgmt rarely listens to the concerns of its employee’s.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend