Provant Health Reviews

Updated April 1, 2015
24 reviews filtered by
2.7
Heather A. Provino

5P/30C - Preparing my notice.

Current Employee - Client Services in East Greenwich, RI
    Current Employee - Client Services in East Greenwich, RI

I have been working at Provant Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. New building is a lot bigger than the old building
    2. New president - possible hope...
    3. Dedicated employees and peers
    4. Easy to get a job. Low hiring standards.
    5. Casual dress code.

Cons

1. Inflated titles for all new employees; no results.
    2. No common goals (owners, upper-management, middle-managers)
    3. No career path for employees. I have been here since the beginning, and have nowhere to go. If there is a position open, they hire someone from outside and give them a glorified title. No company equity.
    4. Poor benefits, especially if you have family members
    5. Favoritism played, especially with underperforming employees
    6. Unclear knowledge of the state of the company.
    7. No announcements about employees leaving, job movements, or promotions. It's all rumors and then you start to see titles changed on emails or names removed from email service.
    8. Poor severance package for those laid off at the beginning of the year.
    9. Provant is a wellness company with no wellness budget. We don't implement anything that we offer for clients.
    10. IT turn-over rate is extremely high. 75%
    11. Sales spend most of budget by staying in fancy hotels and booking top of the line cars. Peers in Client Services are limited in hotels, cars, and not able to spend money on alcohol. All out of pocket expenses even while entertaining team leads and clients.
    12. Executives and senior management does not appreciate extra-time and hard work. It's expected.
    13. Conference rooms are impossible to obtain. So expect private conversations about your performance be discussed in management offices without a top. Everyone listens in.
    14. For anyone who leaves, they use you as a scapegoat for mistakes made with the client.
    15. No sick pay. If you're sick, expect to use your PTO.
    16. Spend thousands bringing in consultants to tell management information they can obtain from employees.
    17. Owners with planes would only take pretty young girls on his plane and to the vineyard for breakfast or lunch.
    18. They will find ways to make your life miserable if you leave.
    19. Promised gym, but nowhere to be seen.
    21. Expect to receive no raise year-on-year. It's common to receive 0% raises or cost of living raises.
    22. Currently in several legal battles with providers.
    23. Peers in sales do not get paid commission on time.
    24. Client Management have had at least seven different change in upper-management
    25. They do not retain top talent.
    26. One executive cares more about her daughter than her employees.
    27. Expect building issues such as termites flying around, bathroom broken, water filter not changed, no toilet paper, unclean bathrooms, dirty sinks, too hot, too cold.
    28. Expected to write good comments on client boards around the office when clients are present.
    29. Executives incent employees to write positive reviews on several sites.
    30. Most peers on my level are looking for a new job, or really depressed about their current job.

No advice. I have passed them on to my managers, but have not seen anything done in the past four years.

2. Inconsistent available work hours.

Current Employee - Health Coach
    Current Employee - Health Coach

I have been working at Provant Health part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible and relatively good hourly pay

Cons

Very poor communication from staff.

Improve the communication between the schedulers and providers. Managers at home office change so often there is confusion about who to call.

3. Great company, Great job

Current Employee - N/A in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - N/A in Providence, RI

I have been working at Provant Health

Pros

1. great culture
    2. upper management cares deeply for employees and company
    3. ability to work remote if there is bad weather
    4. work-life program
    5. I've worked for several companies and this is the best

Cons

1. IT issues
    2. ELT should worry less about disgruntled unhappy people who would clearly be unhappy in ANY position at ANY company

Hiring a president was a great move
    Having the CEO take a step back for the better of the company not only shows how much she cares but is commendable and impressive

5. Health screener

Current Employee - Health Screener in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Health Screener in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Provant Health

Pros

love team lead, nice co-worker, love the job

Cons

pay after a month but on time

love this job

Exceptional Colleagues!

Current Employee - Client Management in East Greenwich, RI

I have been working at Provant Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been here for 3 years now, and have enjoyed working with a lot of my colleagues. They are all extremely hard working and endure long hours when everyone else is gone. Everyone has a lively spirit in the office. The new building is open and beautiful. The CEO is an exceptional saleswoman. I have been with her during these meetings and she gets me emotional every time. Selling a dream, and getting a team of employees who works extremely hard to make it happen.

Cons

Expect to work long hours because management does not always get budget to properly staff the department. Don't expect management to work late with you. They are typically the first to go, and the executives leave even before they do. I have lied to clients many times because of "upper-management's" direction. When the client turns around and gets mad when we don't deliver a report, I would get yelled at by management. It wasn't my fault that the report was delivered improperly by IT or that I had to lie to the client. I'm glad they recently got rid one of IT's managers. He has been with us for a year and 9/10 of his deliverables are incorrect. I have to have some colleagues run the reports for me afterhours for it to be correct, and he's not even in IT. They hired a lot of VPs for the IT department, and one for the PMO. They all click together but it’s all fake. I have spoken with most of them on a one-on-one basis and they have a handful of things to say about each other. That’s how you know not to trust anyone you work with. I have been promised a raise multiple times and was not given anything. Owners told myself and others who have voiced our opinions to “be happy with the 3%, because not a lot of companies are growing like we are”. It’s hard to accept the 3% when the managers are making more than double what some of us are making. Executives gets bonuses (if there’s a position open, apply!). Again, I love the people that I work with. There have been so many exceptional employees who have left because of the bad management or broken promises. Others left because the "upper-management" likes bringing on new people to manage those who are currently there instead of getting the support they have asked or needed. Be careful as you will be the their favorite until they don’t need you anymore. They hired a new president who seems to be very positive and have good outlook. Looking forward to him getting situated…

Hire someone to manage your human capital. As I look around this week, everyone is miserable. People are scared they will be next on the chopping block and everyone gets lied to about the state of the company. Have some heart for employees who are working hard for the company.

Poor Management, but Awesome COO!

Current Employee - Client Management in East Greenwich, RI

I have been working at Provant Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most middle managers care about their employees, and often times take us out on their dime or the company's dime in order to convince us that everything is going to change about the leadership (CEO, COO, VP of IT). The COO is really nice and can often times be seen skate boarding around the office and drinking at bars with young temps to welcome them into the team. It's very rare to see that!! One of my team members love that he always invites her to drinks after work!

Cons

There are a lot of promises made by upper management, especially the CEO and COO. They consistently hold town hall meetings which has no follow through about the previous meetings. The CEO said things were going great, yet we had to layoffs a week ago. There is no sense of wellbeing here. Everyone is worried about their jobs as the CEO runs around and barks orders without understand the root cause of the issue. Upper managers would often times lie and blame it on the employees. Information presented on slides are often times fictitious; but when told by an employee, they do not believe them. It is hard for my team to do good work when the main team we rely on cannot do their work correctly. No corrective actions are given to the IT team. They manipulate data and lie to clients consistently. I am often told by management to lie to clients which I don't feel comfortable with. Poor compensations and benefits. Sometimes we get gift cards for doing something good (rare). A colleague is responsible for writing positive reviews on Indeed, and Glassdoor.

Listen to the employees who have been there the longest and have consistently delivered results. There are few who are still there.

8. Health coach

Current Contractor - Health Coach in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Contractor - Health Coach in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Provant Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good and the people are very nice. It's a new company every week almost so its new and exciting.

Cons

The hours are so inconsistent, it is a very part time job. The job is tedious.

Management needs to focus on having more regular events to keep employees around.

Provant

I worked at Provant Health

Pros

I liked the fact they had Direct deposit. The positions are per diem. Very flexible

Cons

It takes about a month to receive a paycheck. The work available varies during the season.

Disrespect, dishonesty and disconnection.

I worked at Provant Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Filtered water in the break area. Some nice people.

Cons

There is no work-life balance, unless you happen to be a member of or a favorite of one of the senior management.

One member of the senior management team is a chauvinist who leers at the young women and makes inappropriate comments about their outfits, body styles and appearance. Though numerous people have complained about this behavior, no action is taken against him. He is married to the CEO and many of his family members work at Provant. Hiring practices are based on nepotism and favoritism as are internal promotions and title changes.

Benefits are terrible. Health insurance is almost unaffordable, especially if you are covering a family. If you get sick, you have to use your PTO (2 weeks allotment per year) as there are no sick days. Employees get only 6 holidays. Depending on the department manager, working from home is acceptable. Maybe.

The sales team lacks integrity and is completely disinterested in the reality of processes, services and programs. The sales team as well as the CEO will lie to make a sale regardless of the internal and external consequences.

Provant has few customer renewals as the company can't deliver on the promises made during the sales process. This causes stress and frustration among the various internal teams. When companies leave Provant, sometimes before the contract expires, blame is placed on the account managers.

Placing blame is business as usual. Because of rampant nepotism, many times those who are really at fault for messing something up are not blamed. Instead, employees who are not as well liked will take the fall up to and including termination.

Senior management is totally clueless about the discontent of the employees. If they aren’t clueless, they certainly do not care that people are miserable and depressed about their jobs. It’s a high burnout, retaliatory, negative workplace.

Too many employees do not trust management and do not believe in the mission. Prevent doesn't live the mission Do something quickly to change this or you will lose more talent than you already have.

Complete Chaos.

I worked at Provant Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some really great people. Some have moved on to greener pastures or have been pushed out. Lovely location to work in (an old refurbished mill building).

Cons

Management is for the most part inexperienced. Nepotism runs rampant. Benefit package was a joke. I questioned the CEOs sanity on many an occassion. IT Support was laughable.

Hire some capable, qualified people rather than your family members, friends and yesmen