Providence Community Services

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ochird Johnson

not sustainable, not supportive of workers needs

Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) Pottsville, PA

Proshelping kids and supporting parents and teachers
    flexible work week

Conscompany does not pay for time spent doing paperwork. while some TSS were able to do paperwork while on shift, the really demanding cases (and the ones most in need of TSS support) there is no way paperwork can be done while on shift, so you are basically doing work for free. Also any time TSS spends talking to any supervisor is not paid (clinical or administrative) There is a constant threat of not being full time for TSS especially in summer when school is out.

Advice to Senior Managementmore support, better pay structure that covers demands of the job

Unscrupulous!

Behavioral Specialist/Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) East Stroudsburg, PA

ProsDespite the company being outrageously flawed with deceptive practices, a mental health professional can work toward providing effective support and services to children and families

ConsThis company operates like the mafia with ruffians as partners in lower level management and supervisors who are constantly threatening staff. From management to administration, the use of bullying and fear tactics are common practice. They do it with impunity as though it is the 1920s under an American mobster group. Providence Community Services largely does not support the needs of its constituents (children and families). The company is in the business of profiting from allocated state funds, with the assistance of a managed care operation: Community Care Behavioral Health (CCBH). It has a culture of favoritism toward some staff and rampant disregard and malice toward others. This operation is a cesspool for fraud and the use of resources in attempts to metaphorically kneecap anyone who dares to challenge the status quo is the business model. More to add (and there is so much more), the training provided is a joke. There is zero clinical oversight. Supervisors are not licensed and can not knowledgeably provide clinical supervision, even though they go by the title: “Clinical Supervisor.” Rules and policy change on the regular and there is a constant feeling of a ad hoc strategy in place. While other agencies decided against continuing in behavioral health services, under the pressure of new state licensing guidelines, this company, operating like an organized crime unit, stayed in the business and cornered the market, which makes it even more dangerous to the well-being of children and their families, the state’s budget, and uninformed tax payers’. It is milking the government of much needed funds for more ethical organizations with better outcomes for at risk youths and their families.

Advice to Senior ManagementBury your head in shame. You are in the company of scammers who profit off of injured soldiers returning from war.

Working for PCS

BSC (Current Employee) East Stroudsburg, PA

ProsYou attempt to help someone in need.

ConsSo many... Where do I begin? Administration sucks, pay sucks, benefits sucks, environment sucks, run as fast as you can..

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy a new heart.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was the worst career move I ever made

Licensed Therapist (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsI enjoyed some of the clients I got to provide treatment to and watch grow.

ConsThe director was not supportive of her team, and the communication between staff was an issue. There was also favoritism and differential treatment towards staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees and stop being so money oriented.

It has been enlightening.

Personal Services Coordinator (Current Employee) Santa Ana, CA

ProsThe staff is awesome! And our participants are amazing never have worked with such wonderful people!

ConsPay is not what I would like it to be and the benefits are less than desirable.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeutral

Too much work, not enough time, and don't count on a raise!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat co-workers, average pay, Cornerstone & Kickstart locations are peaceful, provide various training's for employees. Cornerstone and Kickstart have more open environments. Have various health plan choices. Provide sick pay, paid time off, and holidays off.

ConsQuickly fire people without good explanation, which indicates there is no job security. People in authority employ "close" friends as supervising personnel, which make it difficult to attempt to report a complaint. Some people in authority abuse the privilege. Witnessed what I would consider unethical practice standards. Catalyst location is a bit of a chaotic environment. Last but not least they will "work" you!

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus should not be solely on productivity but also if the lives of the clients are improving. Management should not show favoritism nor delegate their own responsibilities onto others when it is in fact not a part of their job- then they get reprimanded for not completing their tasks. Management should not blame others for misplacing their documents and/or belongings. Give raises as appropriate for staff's hard and dedicated work.

Frustrating

Tss (Current Employee) Pottsville, PA

ProsI am paid a competitive salary.

ConsLong work hours, no annual pay raise.

poor management and no career advancement opportunities

BSC/MT (Former Employee)

Prosgood pay and flexible schedule

Constravel. poor work conditions and management. glass ceiling

Advice to Senior Managementgive raises

Worked for Providence Community Services? Contribute to the Community!