Providence Health & Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
Rodney F. Hochman

Pros
  • They make work-life balance easy by providing great food in the cafeteria for employees at low cost (in 16 reviews)

• Most of the employees truly live the mission statement and core values (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • There is very little flexibility which hinders any kind work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management lied to us on a couple of occasions (in 14 reviews)

I am a medical surgical registered nurse.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, I have been very pleased working for Providence. I believe in their mission statement, they are a nonprofit and will never turn away a patient. My coworkers are wonderful to work with, kind compassionate and helpful.

Cons

We were in negotiations with our union for a long time, felt that the hospital wasn't supporting us. The main issues were nurse to patient ratio and our hourly wages.

Advice to Management

Support us for safety!! More CNA's and nurses

2. A Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Everett, WA

Pros

Good staff. Like being part of a family.

Cons

Needs better consistencies between local pharmacies.

Advice to Management

None

Constant financial cutbacks

Current Employee - Linen Technician in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Linen Technician in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and love my management staff. Pay is "okay" for the work that is expected. Nice that you can use your badge for food, pharmacy and gift store purchases.

Cons

There are constant financial cutbacks. Procedures change on a daily basis that end up affecting good patient care. Lack of supplies due to distribution changes are a huge concern. Management looks at the bottom line instead of listening to the employees. Have never seen management (in other departments) actually DO the work so they have an understanding of what they are asking others to do.

Advice to Management

You have devoted employees that love their jobs and are proud to say they work at Providence. Start listening to their ideas about how the job can be done more effectively and efficiently. Ideas are put on the table by employees just to be swept away by someone that doesn't really even know what the job entails. Management just has the upper hand because they have a BA or MA is something.

Positive

Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - MRI Technologist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse work environment. Competitive pay. Cross training encouraged.

Cons

High demand for services from emergency room and nearby facilities.

Advice to Management

Expand staffing coverage

This is a great place to work.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Everett, WA

Pros

This hospital has many learning opportunities for staff and nurses. It has a great work environment and values it's nurses as evident by mechanical lifts above every patient bed in the newest part of the building.

Cons

The biggest con is working short staffed as a nurse and many times not being able to take a break and lunch.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Lab Assistant in Everett, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable, skilled staff who are great to work with. Great compensation plan and benefits. The morals and company plan are very positive and rewarding.

Cons

The hospital is big and sprawling with both a new and old section. It's very easy to get lost. Management is not very understanding when it comes to family emergencies. They are extremely rigid and don't give second chances.

Advice to Management

Become closer to your employees. Management is distant and hard to get ahold of at times.

Project Manger II, IT

Current Employee - PM II in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - PM II in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good People working here, the local mission is outstanding. Very focused on the mission.

Cons

Renton "Corporate" is 1000% disconnected from the art of healing. We are just numbers and stats.

Advice to Management

Focus on the mission and core values and money. We are in the black and a non-profit why keep cutting people and jobs and benefits?

9. Overall, a good place to work.

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and satisfactory pay.

Cons

Benefits not as good as they used to be. Department management communication could be better.

Advice to Management

Communication could be better.

10. Providence has provided me with a wide variety of nursing experiences to learn many new skills in 28 years.

Current Employee - STaff Registered Nurse in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - STaff Registered Nurse in Everett, WA

Pros

They have always paid fair salaries. And if you are smart and take advantage of opportunities to save your own money they will match a percentage of it. When I retired for the first time I walked away with almost half a million dollars.

Cons

I have seen poor managers just moved around, not outright fired. It could be said that is good to give a person a second chance, But when it is the third and fourth time it is seen then these people need to be encouraged to see opportunities to work else where.

Advice to Management

Now a days it is virtuously impossible to get into a management position without a post graduate degree. What happened to spotting a remarkable younger person and grooming them to come up the ranks. You might have found the hardest & smartest working person on your team that way.

Decent place, but watch out for who you talk to

Former Employee - Security in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Security in Everett, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Faith-based organization, immediate supervisor was awesome and very supportive, lots of overtime available, decent pay.

Cons

They do not give you full credit for previous experience and pay raises for non-union employees are non-existent. Very political environment, hasty decision-making or no decision-making at all. There were many times that policies contradicted themselves and prevented personnel from effectively/efficiently performing their duties.

Advice to Management

Provide more transparency regarding leadership, be able to differentiate between petty gossip and fact. Allow the employees and supervisors to have discretion in executing their jobs.

RSS Feed </> Embed