Providence Health & Services

www.providenceiscalling.jobs

Providence Health & Services Reviews in Everett, WA

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Rodney F. Hochman

Pros
  • decent work life balance if you can manage it (in 6 reviews)

• The mission and core values with great opportunities for career growth (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There is very little flexibility which hinders any kind work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management has too much power to exercise retaliatory acts against employees (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights
12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall, a good place to work.

Medical Technologist (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsFlexible hours and satisfactory pay.

ConsBenefits not as good as they used to be. Department management communication could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication could be better.

Decent place, but watch out for who you talk to

Security (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsFaith-based organization, immediate supervisor was awesome and very supportive, lots of overtime available, decent pay.

ConsThey do not give you full credit for previous experience and pay raises for non-union employees are non-existent. Very political environment, hasty decision-making or no decision-making at all. There were many times that policies contradicted themselves and prevented personnel from effectively/efficiently performing their duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more transparency regarding leadership, be able to differentiate between petty gossip and fact. Allow the employees and supervisors to have discretion in executing their jobs.

The company as a whole has vastly been improving facilities and how we treat patients over the years.

Dietary Aid (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsThey have a tuition reinbursement program and as a student, I found that to be especially helpful. Though, it only covers $2000, so if you went to a university like I did, it won't cover everything, but that is still a free $2000.

ConsIn my department, the management is outsourced from a different company. I'm not entirely sure if this is the case across the board, but it does put a damper on internal development, ie: "moving up the ladder".

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overworked - Underpaid

Operations (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsFew good coworkers/employees to work with who somehow have managed to stick it out despite the excessive workload and expectations.

ConsYou will find yourself continually given more and more work without any thought as to how much work is too much work. The pay does not match the amount and difficulty/expectations of work. You will be underpaid and be continually asked to do more in less time. There is a gossipy atmosphere amongst employees which creates an untrustworthy environment. There is very little flexibility which hinders any kind work/life balance. You will find that employees leave, are let go, or retire, but their positions will not be filled and then their workload will fall upon the remaining employees. Expect to do the work of 2-3 people at any given time. It does not appear to be the goal of management to care about the employees, they will say that they do, but in action they do not.

Advice to Senior ManagementShift your focus from profits and the "bottom line" to caring about your thousands of employees, you might find much better results. Happy employees = happy patients and more patients using your services. It's unfortunate that this is not the current business focus, otherwise this could be a great company to work for.

Working for PH&S keeps you very busy.

Systems Analyst III & IV (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsLots of work to keep busy

ConsLots of work with not enough staff

Nice place to work and great people to work with

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsWe are helping people heal

ConsLike any big company, I feel like I am run over a lot

Advice to Senior ManagementLittle more

Lots of middle management and sniping coworkers.

Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsA way to be of service to the local community

ConsVery low pay for experience base, gossipy environment, lack of focus on patient care, sexism.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many good examples of high functioning healthcare systems locally. Model yourselves after Group Health or the UWMC.

Very Poor Human Resources Leadership Team for Supporting Departmental Managers

Manager (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsExcellent Senior Leadership Especially.... "Providence Medical Group" My Old Boss was an amazing leader who taught me much & was instrumental in getting me my new position.

ConsThe Human Resources Senior Management Team at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett & Providence Medical Group Mill Creek is a non supportive entity for middle management leaders at Providence. The Human Resources culture is a very "Vengeful Department" that does not support or represent the Mission Statement. In short the Human Resources Senior Level Management at PRMCE & PMG are ineffectual at changing any of the staff culture issues of organizational abuse of resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your "Mid-Level Leaders" when they are presented departments with a history of organizational abuse to the facility. If the Managers cannot rely on Human Resources then the whole equation of "changing staff culture" is useless. My parting advice would be to give your Leaders the tools they need to do the job & sometimes that means hurting some feelings. The Human Resources Senior Management Teams at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett & Providence Medical Group in Mill Creek are essentially useless to your managers.

danger place to get sicker!!!!

Housekeeper Tech (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsCo-workers excellent, but not management.

ConsThey give you laid off when your mamager wakes up in bad mood and you are not too hot for him!!!
    Also, management cut the time to clean a patient's room to 20 minutes!!! how danger it's that!!! hope the patients read this and they will be a little bit concerned!!!.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be more trained on their position, housekeeping directors and supervisors and don not know how to clean a room.!!!!

Projects in Healthcare

Project Manager (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsPeople; the people here are great to work with

ConsFunding and IT and staying on timelines. There is a lot of wait and jump

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Providence Health & Services? Contribute to the Community!