Providence Health & Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.5
Rodney F. Hochman

Pros
  • They make work-life balance easy by providing great food in the cafeteria for employees at low cost (in 16 reviews)

• Most of the employees truly live the mission statement and core values (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • There is very little flexibility which hinders any kind work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management lied to us on a couple of occasions (in 14 reviews)

1. Pharmacy tech

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment and management. Room for development and carer advancement. Competitive salary and flexible scheduling

Cons

I don't have any Down sides to mention currently. Been working for one year and love it so far. It is a great place to work

Advice to Management

I do not currently have act advice for management. They are doing a good job for me so far, been working there for one year

2. Good start with good people.

Pros

Flexible schedule. Excellent management and coworkers.

Cons

Commute is long. Analysis methods are dated, with resistence to grow.

Advice to Management

Continue treating your new talent with the respect and encouragement I have witnessed.

3. Proud to work here

Current Employee - Administrative in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Administrative in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for Providence and will continue as long as they will have me. I enjoy the work/life balance and they are really in tune with taking care of YOU. I enjoy coming to work each day and seeing positive people. There are always resources for me if I get behind in my work, or if I ask for help with the work load. AWESOME benefits and pay.

Cons

Sometimes you have many managers asking things from you, but I don't think they have communicated. Sometimes there are too many "hands in the pot" and it's hard to tell who really needs what.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff on a regular basis and make them feel inspired.

5. You will save lives every day

Pros

Whether you're a doctor or a back-office IT specialist, you will go work every day knowing that what you do will save or improve the lives of others.

Cons

Providence employees do not get the time or budget (expense reimbursements) to attend training and/or self-improvement classes.

6. Love my job

Pros

The staff I work with are friendly, helpful and go above and beyond for our patients and each other. One of them recently adopted a cat from an elderly patient who really wanted it to find a good home when she had to move! Couldn't ask for better people to spend my days with.

Cons

I wish we were more progressive in our approach to controversial medical issues. Also, my salary at Providence compares favorably to those of colleagues at other organizations, but I have heard that this is not the case for other disciplines. Search carefully depending what you do and what you believe in!

Advice to Management

Encourage staff to spread the word about open positions. Some of the best people we have hired recently have been referred by current employees who already have some insight into whether they would be a good fit.

7. Awesome Place to Work

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Renton, WA

Pros

Mission, Strategy, Plan for Future, Focus on inspiring & Developing employees; deliver patient care

Cons

A lot of change to meet marketplace challenges

8. A friend works here

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

And says that it is challenging yet rewarding. It seems like it would be a great place to work with good benefits.

Cons

The cons would be that the commute would be very long and it would be my first job in a hospital setting

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice to management at this time.

9. SR HR/Retirement Specialist

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources/Retirement Specialist in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources/Retirement Specialist in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services (More than a year)

Pros

The organization tries to manage per their mission and values.

Cons

Pay raises aren't reflective of performance evaluations.

10. Patient Scheduling

Current Employee - Surgery Scheduler in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Surgery Scheduler in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, and working Monday - Friday. We only schedule for providers, we don't talk to patients.

Cons

I'm always worried that our job will be outsourced.

Advice to Management

My manager is the best. Remember that a change in one area will affect another. Know the impact a change will make to every step of the patient experience before implementation of change.

11. San Pedro

Pros

The leadership has really improved - there is a genuine caring and encouragment to further your education. The manager of our department is also a wonderful mentor, and ouor concerns are listened to and addressed continually.

Cons

nothing comes to mind of any significance

Advice to Management

How about paying tuition up front for full time employees? Tuition reimbursment is good, but lots of us cannot spare the money up front with a family to take care of. If a full time employee can work out a plan with his manager and enroll in an on-line school, Providence can pay the tuition up front. the employee would be less burdened and stressed and the education could happen quicker.

RSS Feed </> Embed