www.providenceiscalling.jobs

Updated January 22, 2015
Updated January 22, 2015
3.1

Rodney F. Hochman

Pros
  • Compared to other places, work-life balance in my area is exceptionally good (in 16 reviews)

• The company's stated mission and core values are noble; your job makes a difference in the lives of real people (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • There is very little flexibility which hinders any kind work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management has too much power to exercise retaliatory acts against employees (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Current Employee - Project Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

Mission Driven Organization

I worked at Providence Health & Services

Pros

All employees seemed to be dedicated to serving the community need and advancing the mission that was founded by the Sisters of Providence

Cons

Culture didn't always support the desired outcomes from the senior leaders, at times it could be very risk averse

One of the best places I have ever worked

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Mission Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Mission Hills, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management involves employees, hospital shares same goal, patient care is a priority

Cons

Salary less than other hospitals nearby

Keep benefits competitive

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

I know by working for Providence that I am making a positive impact on the community. That means a lot to me.

Cons

Providence can be slow to adopt change, and that can prove challenging to those of us who are early adopters.

Providence

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

Providence pays well and it is a great place to work because everyone smiles and is committed to doing a great job. Also, it is a 4x magnet hospital which speaks very highly. They make work-life balance easy by providing great food in the cafeteria for employees at low cost.

Cons

Challenges: there are a lot of changing of protocols in effort to make things more efficient. This company is more concerned with productivity than patient care at times, which can be frustrating.

Great company!!

Former Employee - A/R Specialist in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - A/R Specialist in Portland, OR

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Love working here! Amazing benefits! Good training on software and policies. Very inexpensive medical and pharmacy benefits.

Cons

Super strict attendance policy. Since the company is growing so fast, the parking is limited. that is the only "con" i can think of.

Great organization to work for!

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent, thorough orientation experience and company values.

Cons

Sometimes too many meetings which were not relevant to my position.

Providence is a mission driven organization with great healthcare professionals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The mission is what makes Providence stand apart from other healthcare companies. The staff are dedicated to their patients and the common commitment to core values and the quality of people who work here makes all the difference. Providence continues to serve our communities and those in need. We have been humble about what we do as an organization. The focus on innovation has brought a positive spotlight to the organization.

Cons

The organization is growing faster than it's infrastructure. With 73,000+ employees the organization is complex and seems slow to respond. This can make some of the leaders feel distant and disconnected from day to day operations. I have the opportunity to work with some great leaders. The systems and tools that need to be in place to support an organization of this size are slow to be implemented.

Maintain a focus on the mission and core values. Don't lose site of what makes Providence a great place to work.

Would like to return to them.

Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Issaquah, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They care about their employees. Their pay is excellent.

Cons

They appear to hold very short term employment against a returning candidate

If a person worked a short time in a PRN position and then took a full time permanent position elsewhere don't hold that against them. PRN does not guarantee over thirty hours a week and sometimes a person can feel uncertain about this.

Great teamwork, caring staff.

I worked at Providence Health & Services

Pros

Staff genuinely cares for patients and for each other. The mission and values are lived out. Catholic organization, and fully accepting of persons of all faiths.

Cons

Really, none in my opinion.

Providence Health & Services Photos