Providence Health & Services Reviews

1. pleasant

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

pleasant busy work environment in our office

Cons

constant reminders of need to go faster

Advice to Management

continue to encourage all

2. independent contractor for Providence

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Providence Health & Services

Pros

I was afforded a flexible schedule and great access to the needed facilities and resources. Also, Providence employees as a whole are hard-working, friendly, and accepting.

Cons

As a non-employee, there were no benefits. Also, the salaried positions seemed reserved for those with years of experience, making it hard for a recently graduated student to get his/her foot in the door and accumulate this required experience.

Advice to Management

Since I was impressed with the work environment and the institutional priorities at Providence, the only advice I have to management or hiring committees is to retain an open-mind in regards to hiring young people with strong academic and volunteer records but no work experience.

3. A Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Everett, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services

Pros

Good staff. Like being part of a family.

Cons

Needs better consistencies between local pharmacies.

Advice to Management

None

5. Transformational Change

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first got hired on at Providence it felt like my second family. Great benefits, great people, culture and felt like I had a professional purpose that was actually helping people and not just another corporate company that made me feel like a number.

Cons

When the company went through transformational changes and destroyed departments based on the bottom line and forgot to follow their own mission and values it created a very stressful, a unnerving place to work. Most people were talking about who got let go that week and wondering if they knew if they were going to have a job the following week.

Advice to Management

Return to your mission and values and treat people with dignity and remember that without your best and hardest working employees you're just another corporation caring about the bottom dollar.

6. Quality organization

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

Mission driven, strong company values

Cons

In high growth mode and a lot of processes are not consistent

7. Senior Analyst, Epic Applications

Current Employee - Senior Epic Applications Analyst in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Epic Applications Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

Core Values and Mission are a welcome part of the culture. Leadership is very supportive of Epic team. Many opportunities for cross application collaboration and mentorship. Excellent project managers, implementation managers/directors, clinical informatics and business analysts that contribute to team's success. Excellent change control and governance process for build changes in place. Many opportunities for growth with deployment, new module implementations (Phoenix, Cupid, Welcome) and ongoing optimization work. The variety of work helps to increase analyst skills. Continuing education is a priority with opportunities for Epic certifications and proficiencies. New review process for 2015 included a process for personal and professional development and an outlined plan to achieve those goals. New Career Development Opportunity: They created a new job role this year Epic Principal Analyst.

Cons

There are 3 pillars on the Epic Team: production support, optimization and deployment. Some analysts have complained they don't get an opportunity to move to another pillar frequently enough.

Advice to Management

Continue to support analyst growth and make opportunities for that growth. Continue listening to staff and acting on feedback regarding process improvement. Slow down deployment and optimization waves. Continue to cross training analysts to other applications. Bring back days of learning with the entire Epic team.

8. Business Analyst

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

This is a great company with many oportunities for growth. They truly care about their employees and follow their core values.

Cons

Providence is a great company to work for.

9. Very Engaging Place to Work

Current Employee - Online Instructional Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Online Instructional Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

There really is a focus on supporting and growing the individual. It begins with the language Providence uses- we are not called employees, we are called caregivers. My manager is extremely supportive, allowing me the freedom to deliver my projects in the way I best see fit and the support when I need it, while holding me accountable for on-time delivery and high quality.

Cons

Some of their technology throughout the system is old (although not mine) and we have to use SharePoint, Outlook, and Lync for communication and data sharing. Having worked within a Google-based system, it has been a hard adjustment to move backwards.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the changes that I've seen in the past year. There's a lot of change in the air, and new people coming in with support from the top to implement it. I've seen a lot of streamlining and alignment to stated strategies.

10. Reconnecting to employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to penetrate into the healthcare field. Plenty of internal job growth if you remain persistent. The region is conducting a market analysis to respond to disgruntled employees (compensation).

Cons

Residual effect of cost reduction work (2-3 years ago), employee burnout/change fatigue, anemic compensation (not keeping up with cost of living). Disconnection between executives and line employees...(Leadership is working on this)

Advice to Management

Invest in employees, wage/benefits do matter, all the cost reduction/change management will not amount to anything if you keep bleeding employees... Physician satisfaction will continue to be a challenge.

11. I am proud to work for Providence

I have been working at Providence Health & Services

Pros

I have been an employee with Providence for 6.5 years and have found that the leadership stands behind the Mission and Core Values. The culture of the organization is one that I am proud to be a part of and represent. The care that the caregivers pass onto the patients and family members leads me to bring my family here. I am extremely proud to be a part of this great organization!

Cons

I have nothing negative to share

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! You share goals that motive and have a vested interest in the outlook of the organization and a true concern for my well-being.

RSS Feed </> Embed