Providence Health & Services Reviews

Reset

1. No Appreciation, No Respect & No Value For Most Recruiters

Former Employee - Recruiter in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Renton, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the recruiters were nice to work with and the hiring managers were not as difficult as some I've recruited for in the past.

Cons

Lead Recruiters, Managers have zero respect or genuine concern for front line recruiters. Cliques are rampant and if they don't like you or you aren't part of the cool clique club, you become a worker bee with no room for growth. They promote ONLY who they like, they give the most open requisitions to the recruiters they don't like. You work hard hoping they will appreciate and value what you bring to the table but all you get is constant disrespect. When I was there, some recruiters had over 125 open positions while others have 20! Completely un-balanced and only based on who they liked or who whined about having too much work. So many recruiters quit and it's only getting worse. I would NEVER refer a friend or family member to work for Providence Recruiting / Talent Acquisition.

Advice to Management

Learn to care about your recruiters. Stop the "cool people only" cliques, stop the inequitable pay and promotion practices and maybe, just maybe you will keep your department from falling apart!

2. Senior Accountant Review

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Seattle, WA

Pros

Large organization, room for advancement and relocation if desired.

Cons

Salary on low end due to non-profit status, can be very "clique-ish" depending on department, top performers not recognized.

Advice to Management

Recognize and get rid of low performers.

3. Providence Mission and Values are real!

Current Employee - Department Director
    Current Employee - Department Director

I have been working at Providence Health & Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

You know how companies spend hours coming up with mission statements and then you never see evidence of them following that mission. I've worked for Providence for almost 30 years and I can attest that the primary reason I've not looked elsewhere is because it really is at the core of what we do. We are here to show the love of Jesus through compassionate care and respect and that is supported and expected all the way through the executive team.

Cons

We have over 70,000 employees. Because employees are human, on any given day you might not feel like an individual is living the mission but you will see that everywhere - the difference is that you will see most of us living the mission and values on a regular basis because it is truly who we are and who our organization is. Providence isn't perfect - no company is - but on my worst day at work, the one thing I've never questioned was whether our mission and values were real or whether they were an expectation of the staff. They are....and if someone doesn't support them, they can be invited to look for employment elsewhere. We are a faith based institution so we don't have to tip toe around issues of faith. We own it and we love it!

5. Too Big for their Britches Perhaps

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

Upper management seems to be very sharp, but is not always focused on what goes on with the troops in the trenches. Patient care at the expense of their employees' health and well-being is their main focus...ALWAYS. After all, patients bring in $$$ and employees just drain the coffers.

Cons

Emphasis is placed on Providence's Core Values and work/life balance when employees are first hired. Unfortunately, what employees learn is that this is a lot of lip service. This organization has grown too large to monitor, enforce or encourage these important concepts. I was amazed daily by how much employees get away with and only the most heinous of offenses are addressed. It terrifies me to even thing about ever being a patient at any hospital because for all the horrible things I've witnessed at Providence, I know they are still better than most hospitals.

Advice to Management

Refrain from asking for feedback from employees (referencing all the pesky surveys this organization practically requires employees to submit, then ignores the results) if you don't ever plan to implement any of their ideas or suggestions. It's very dehumanizing to have a horrible situation continue simply because those in authority think employees are just whining.

6. Nice hospital

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

Easy going manager, flexible schedule, clean hospital

Cons

Last CNA's, traffic, afternoon cook is rude ans terrible at his job

7. not recommended

Pros

Love my coworkers Believe in the mission

Cons

Upper management out of touch with reality Salary is not competitive High turnover

receptionist clerk

Pros

good management, but they need to work on there people skills.

Cons

not satisfying there employees, overly working them in a stressful times and not helping them out when they be needed.

Advice to Management

don't over work your employees in a stressful times.

9. Great Place To Work!

Current Employee - A/R Specialist
    Current Employee - A/R Specialist

I have been working at Providence Health & Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flex work hours, easy to get time off, low stress, nice people.

Cons

Hard to get a foot in the door. High work loads.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to lighten the work load, lessen metric expectations.

10. HUC

Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Portland, OR

Pros

I really love the mission of Providence and I love working at CMFC.

Cons

Management can be trying. It is such a big company that making changes are near impossible.

11. This is the place to be

Current Employee - ESE in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - ESE in Renton, WA

Pros

I love PHS to death:>) The team here is great!

Cons

Needs time to get used to the culture.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

RSS Feed </> Embed