Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Michael C. Wiemann

Great place to work

Former Employee - Social Worker  in  Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Social Worker in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great insurance and benefits. Had an onsite fitness center for employees to use at no costs. Had access to free IT education and traning classes on site.

Cons

Didn't feel there was a lot of opportunity for advancement in my field.

Providence

Former Employee - Telephones, Scheduling Etc'''''  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Telephones, Scheduling Etc''''' in Portland, OR

I worked at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I started over six years ago benefits were great and so was the work atmosphere.

Cons

Than there were lies about how our work was not improving after the Epic go live. That is where the changes really showed up. The more dependable, honest, caring workers were flat out being lied about. There were many that I knew that were let go for various reasons. There were less experienced workers who did not do the work and delegated to the more experienced detailed worker so they could look good. Managers were not doing their jobs. They were told about what was going on and how the newer energetic workers were lying, cheating, backing other employees and not others. There was a whole different set of rules for some workers and not others. The experienced, longer time, employees left and in some cases forced out of their jobs. For money and profit, yet Providence has it's name on the new soccer field and upper management never had to give up their jobs and take so much less. The training for Epic was four half days and go live. Than after being on line for less than three days I was told I was too slow. That there was a consideration of letting me go even at that point. It was a horrible experience for a lot of us even some that made it.

Dependable, caring people were forced out all over the company. I wish those who can to tell their story. I know of at least 12 to 15 employees this happened to. I am sure that is just a few compared to how many there really are.

How sad that this happened to such a good group of harder workers. Customer service is timed now and if you spend more than 2 and a half minutes , on average on the telephone they encourage you to leave and make it difficult to work there. I can not understand that where some employees downright don't do the work and leave the work for others to do, get the good times on the telephone and look good. It is awful.

Look at what is going on with some workers and put a stop to it. Make the rules apply to all the workers. Check for who is doing the work and who is not. Check for who leaves work for others to complete just to get good phone stats. Take completeness in to consideration when checking for phone stats and that completing a task which might take longer is a great thing if it means that the caller will not have to call back many times to make sure they are taken care of.

I have worked at PM for 3 years.

I have been working at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

If your new to health care it's a good place to start.

Cons

No structure. Departments management are here to draw a paycheck and not to benefit the hospital.

Look at department management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay

I have been working at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

mostly a community feeling so it is a happy place to work. Dont mind it at all. I would recommend it to my friends

Cons

tough clientele. Patients and patients families can be challenging. Though some are very grateful we do have a growing number that you feel superior to you and your care

defend you staff.

watching a real mess unfold with "integration" and mergers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

charitable mission of the organization has always been good thing, dedication to the poor and less privileged, big complex organization

Cons

this merger between two big hospital organizations has been a real mess. Layoffs and scrambling and really not well thought out at many levels. We have watched the "strategy" and "integration" brass pad their salaries and benefits in this deal and cut convenient high salaries for themselves when the rest of the organization seems to be suffering throughout all of the region. Poor communication and lots of folks worried about their jobs but visible smugness at the top of the organization chart.

watch who is guarding the hen house. pay attention to the mission of the sisters. listen to the employees

Non supportive, due to a work injury!

Former Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Medford, OR
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Medford, OR

I worked at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

the patients and some of the coworkers

Cons

work injury and non supportive management!

don't stretch your managers so thin that they can't focus on the own work area!!!!!!!!

Not a great place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

Location, great physicians, great benefits

Cons

Low salaries, unsafe parking, no direct supervision in clinics

Listen to your employees

Friendly environment with assistance available when asked of most employees

Current Employee - Staff RN  in  San Pedro, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in San Pedro, CA

I have been working at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

Friendly enovironment with competent care provided by a staff of knowledgeabble staff of proffessionals who are not afraid to show compassion.

Cons

As with any large establismnet there are policies that exclude the human involved in the process of settling problem resolution

Don't be so quick to judge staff and encourage proper assessment of patients pain, by Doctors. Assessments of pain should based on the pricinple that pain is what the patient states it is when the patients it is. (all judgements aside)

Providence- What Happened ?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

Salary and hard workers with a diverse workforce and devoted doctors

Cons

Overwork, lack of staff, firing employees who speak up for their rights, turning employees against each other and not following written hospital policies

Don't sacrifice Providence Southfield for Providence Novi. The money people are impressed with good care and not fancy decor.

okay

Current Employee - MA At Providence
    Current Employee - MA At Providence

I have been working at Providence Hospital and Medical Centers

Pros

benifit can be a great ascpet

Cons

communication, growth is not rewarding

none

Worked for Providence Hospital and Medical Centers? Contribute to the Community!