Providence Hospitals

Providence Hospitals Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It was a very exciting and innovating time.

Clinical Educator/Simulation Coordinator (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC

I worked at Providence Hospitals full-time for more than a year

ProsThe leadership of the Education Department was phenomenal. Craig Smith, Director, is very dedicated and innovative with his thinking.

ConsMy position was eliminated and I feel that because of my expertise with high fidelity manikins, this will be a down side to the education department.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrough all my research, education is one of the more important aspects of nursing. Our staff has to have the ability to learn about the every changing healthcare system. Nurses need to become more engaged with patient care, knowledge of new medications and practices. It is difficult for our nurses to learn of this type knowledge without didactic instruction. Our department wanted to increase the didactic instruction and include simulation as much as possible. Now it will be increasingly difficult due to the hospital cutting staff. I would love to reccomend this facility to my friends but I can't. There have been too many lay offs. I can't, in good conscious, recommend this facility due to all the lay offs.

Not a bad place to work, but certainly not extremely progressive or professional

Staff RN (Former Employee)

I worked at Providence Hospitals full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDifferential, self-scheduling, co-workers generally work as a team, fairly pleasant environment

ConsPoor management, cliche, senior administration unfair and detached from the majority of the staff

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more fair to employees, not always looking down at them, maybe actually visit the units where the majority of employees work every now and again instead of just imposing dictates from the administration floor

Worked for Providence Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Providence Hospitals reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Providence Hospitals employees.