Provident Funding

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Craig Pica

Pros
  • Opportunity offered to recent college grads(in 9 reviews)

• Pay is pretty good for an entry level job(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely cheap company - No 401K match(in 12 reviews)

• It would be nice to have a 401k match and more leniency with make up time(in 10 reviews)

Not worth the college degree

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy work - but very dissatisfying
    Young coworkers
    Nice raises

ConsLow Pay
    No 401k match
    No advancement
    Little vertical potential (family)
    Upper management disconnected with employees
    Treated like students

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees and trim your work force if needed. Be honest to new hires about what they will be doing.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood for entry level applicants, they provide training at slow pace

ConsLimited upside career advancement, promotion not primarily based on performance

Great Company, Friendly Coworkers, Growth Difficult

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Rosa, CA

ProsCoworkers very friendly and very easy going environment. Bosses are awesome and encourage personal growth. Great benefits. Company is very pro-employee. Easy to create change because company still small. Forward thinking culture. Company has stable growth and cash flow so great job security. Doesn't fire employee's due to slow growth.

ConsWork is very repetitive and therefore dull. Company consistently does well but raises are stagnant.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know the company is doing well, reward employee's with better pay

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it was a good exerience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospeople are nice and easy to work with

Conshard to advance in position

Advice to Senior Managementget to know your employee better

High level career opportunities in a short time

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHigh level of review and employee awareness from upper management.
    Opportunity to build a career and advance quickly, especially as a recent college graduate.
    Good entry level salary.
    Young yet productive work environment.

ConsOnly bank holidays off. No sick days.
    Minimal travel.
    No matching 401k

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease PTO and rewards for performing well.

Learned a lot, suffered a lot.

Production Support Specialist (Current Employee) Santa Rosa, CA

ProsGood job security...honestly that's all I can think of.

ConsNot the most exciting group of employees, SLOW upward mobility, management seriously hates you. Absolutely no respect for subordinates

Advice to Senior ManagementHaha...like you would ever change

Not too difficult to move around in the company, however managers were treated disrespectfully.

Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe salary was not bad.

ConsUpper management yelled at managers when standards were not met. Too much emphasis was placed on numbers and working overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect and provide work-life balance. Provide a matching 401k.

PF is a great starting company

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGreat compensation
    Work is always available if one division is slow, so they do not fire people when things are slow.

ConsAdvancement is tough
    Make promises they don't keep
    High stress throughout the office
    They do not consider you a good employee unless you work OT every day its available
    Benefits are weak

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better efforts to tell employees how it is instead of offering positions and not providing

You are treated like a machine in a factory

Credit Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood salary with steady raises each year (base salary was pretty high compared to other jobs in mortgage and you get bonuses when work is flowing), knowledgeable leads are very willing to help you learn the industry

ConsMonotonous job-be expected to perform the same tasks/make the same calls all day, everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more cross-training opportunities to employees who really want them- don't just move employees into departments without knowing if that's what they want

Get what you give

(Current Employee)

Pros•Upper management-We have conference calls once a month where members of upper management talk to us about the past month, future goals and what is going on in the mortgage world. I’ve never gotten off a conference call not feeling confident about the company’s future. Upper management really seems to have it together.
    •In periods where companies in the mortgage industry are laying off employees in droves, Provident Funding seems committed to making the best of the situation by either cross-training employees or restructuring to take advantage of other opportunities in the sector.
    •Little micromanaging- Many branches don’t even have management at the branch. When management is in the branch, they sit in the bullpen with the rest of the employees and make themselves easily available and approachable.
    •Career opportunities- If you make an effort, they’ll make an effort. This is a fairly small company so every employee has the opportunity to be recognized. In the time I’ve been with the company, I’ve been given so many opportunities-some without me even having to ask. If you do a good job, you’ll be rewarded.
    •Great work environment- They recruit people based on the obvious grades, extracurricular, etc., but they also take into account the other employees at the branch and how a candidate would fit in with current employees.
    Way more pros than cons to this company, this is a really great company to work for and those complaining probably didn't realize what they had/have

Cons•They could be a little more flexible when it comes to the 8-5 work day. I’m sure some employee abused a more flexible work day and ruined it for the rest of us, but it would be nice if we could a schedule doctor’s appointment over our lunch break and not break out in a cold sweat trying to get back to the office within the hour.
    •They don’t provide a 401K match.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Summer Fridays, be a little more flexible, and consider a 401K match after an employee has been with the company an X amt. of time

Worked for Provident Funding? Contribute to the Community!