Provo Canyon School

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Bill Parkes

Its a great learning experience, and a great way to learn about behavioral issues with early adolescence.

Team Coach (Current Employee) Springville, UT

ProsGreat personal benefits, great team work, great environment.

Consnot enough staff patient ratio.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more privileges for responsible patients. Allow more staff to work on the swing shifts.

Corrupt Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun co-workers
    Free food on the job

ConsCompany only cares about making a profit, not employees

Difference between higher-level and lower-level management

Pros- The lower-level management takes care of their people - adequate training, support, etc.
    - Working with therapists and the kids to help them make positive life changes can be very rewarding

Cons- Upper-level management cuts on hours and staff without regard to the quality of their product - the care of the patients that they admit.
    - Patients can be very aggressive and manipulative - you need to stay on top of both your emotions and the situations you are in charge of.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if you lose a little money, keep up the number of staff. Going under profit by a little bit while still insuring a high-quality product (enough staff to help the patients stay under control and make positive lifestyle changes) is much better than saving a little profit and causing conditions in the school to be chaos.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good for college student, not for long term

Team Coach (Former Employee) Provo, UT

Prosfree food, no "real" work besides babysitting teenage *ssholes

Consschedule (nights, holidays, weekends). you'll find yourself being around other peoples kids instead of your own.

Advice to Senior Managementhave flexibility when people want to take some time off. know that the guys work year in and year out, often times during holidays.

No interview

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) Provo, UT

ProsShowed up and they gave me an interview packet to fill out. Never asked me any questions just had me fill out paperwork

ConsCompany was bought by larger company which is eroding pay and benfits. No upward movement at within company for medical staff

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to realize that employees are valuable assests to the company dont fire without cause which happens a lot here

A decent place to work, but not my ideal long-term position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIn my position, I had a very flexible schedule. But overall, the biggest pro would have to be the opportunity for rewarding experiences working with youth.

ConsThe youth can be very belligerent, rude, and even aggressive. You have to be able to not take things personally, because you will at some point be personally (usually just verbally) attacked.
    I felt like there was animosity between different departments at times. Rather than working as a cohesive team of service providers, the various departments (and employees within those departments) seemed to butt heads a lot and were not willing to share resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk for and respect the feedback you receive from employees. They are the ones dealing with the students and the program structure on a daily basis and could give very useful and constructive feedback about how to better serve the students.

Provo canyon school

Staff (Former Employee) Provo, UT

Proshelping troubled youth that got sent there from state or school district

Conslittle respect from management to staff

Advice to Senior Managementcare about the employees more

Worked for Provo Canyon School? Contribute to the Community!