Proximic Reviews

Philipp Pieper

1. Good Internship Experience

Former Intern - Technical Operations Intern in Stanford, CA
    Former Intern - Technical Operations Intern in Stanford, CA

I worked at Proximic as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern I got thrown a lot of unfamilar projects, and they were all fairly challenging. They did give me plenty of time to do them, so I was able to pick up a lot of new skillsets. Not sure about their full-time, but I liked my experience there.

Cons

It's nothing spectacular. The culture at the company is alright, but sometimes it's hard to get feedback on your work since everyone else seems so busy. You probably won't have that many other interns with you.

Advice to Management

Nothing much to say, the CEO had been changed the last time I was there. So that was interesting to experience as an intern but otherwise not good?

2. Wrong timing and wrong position

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Small company with a service and technology that has potential to make some positive changes within the online advertising industry.

Cons

Proximic is a small company looking for their place in the online advertising market space with a technology that is not fully baked and a young and inexperienced management and engineering team.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop the technology and build your presence within the industry, but help your employees by developing a solid plan around the technology, the company's story, and the product road map. In addition, it is crucial within a small company to communicate the company's objectives, strengths, weaknesses, and successful milestones with the employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed