Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate

Add Photos

Dorothy Herman

AMAZING COMPANY TO WORK FOR !!!! GREAT PEOPLE , FANTASTIC ATMOSPHERE

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits, Summer Fridays, Free lunches, outstanding management.

ConsNo cons so far to report

No real value, high percentage take

Sales Agent (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHaving an office to work out of instead of working from home, possible leads/walk-ins, possible networking possibilities

ConsElliman does not provide leads or pay for marketing. You're basically on your own to develop a client base while paying Elliman 50%-60% of your commission. If you have a good rolodex of contacts, you're better off getting your broker's license and keeping 100% of the fees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp employees generate leads for prospective buyers and sellers. Don't nickel and dime employees with extra costs in addition to the steep cut of their fees.

Good culture but little support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a good deal of networking opportunity available, good brand recognition locally which lends credibility, decent marketing support

ConsTraining is limited. If you are just starting out in the industry, it is probably not the right place for you. It's a tough industry to get into, but as a company, there are few cons about Douglas Elliman.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Licensed Real Estate Salesperson

Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsThe brand is great and puts you ahead of competitors. They do everything top notch.

ConsIt's very cut throat, top brokers in NY. If you're new and have no support it's super tough to make it. NFL of Real Estate firms.

Advice to Senior Managementna

One of the best real estate companies to work for

ProsWork with the best in the industry and still feel like you are part of a big family

ConsMost of the agents are top producing and high volume. Can be very hard for new agents to get acclimated.

Great culture, people, and industry. You really get a head start above other firms if you go to Douglas Elliman.

Sales Agent (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of experienced, knowledgeable brokers always willing to assist you in growing your business. Lots of agents so big network, and people are generally friendly and willing to work with you.

ConsNothing to report about the company. I will say that the NYC real estate industry is oversaturated with agents and firms. You really have to pound the pavement, as they say.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Elliman

Associate Broker (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice professional corporate environment. Has good name recognition / a good reputation.

ConsThey never give me any leads.

A leader in the industry.

Office Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsHas all the bells and whistles your customers/clients look for in a Broker. All the tools you will need to be successful.

ConsYou have to walk, talk, and breath real estate to become a top producer. Your life style is NYC real estate.

Advice to Senior ManagementCliques.

A solid group of agents. Always in Corcoran's shadow, but a professional org

Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou are given a reasonably advanced toolset to work with, which will put you ahead of 70% of real estate agents

ConsLeadership lacks a vision to lead the industry. They can't seem to understand how to leapfrog their way to #1.

A positive one but no real room to grow professionally

Broker Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSales meetings every week with guest speakers. Office closed for holidays. Family feel in office.

ConsWorking for someone else and open work area

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer medical and dental benefits

Worked for Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate? Contribute to the Community!