Prudential Overall Supply

Updated Jul 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dan Clark

Best privately owned company to work for in the US!

Safety Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsPeople are truly Prudential's most valuable resource

ConsNeed a plant in Charleston SC

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to take great care of people and people will keep taking care of Prudential!

Watch your back at this company...

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Moorpark, CA

ProsNot much to say in terms of pros because there is a catch to everything you would say is a "pro". For example, as a route driver pay is good but you have to work 60 hours a week for it. As you work on commission, there wereonly few routes that you able to get done in less than 10 hours a day. But working with the other non management was enjoyable as well as dealing with your customers that I now can consider sone as friends.

ConsWell lets start with the petty politics that played out on a daily basis between upper management and middle management that trickled down to the front office receptionist to the mechanic. Also the unrealistic expectations the managers put on the csrs: at least 2 sales leads a week? Who wants to give us business when we are charging them $15 delivery fee with constant shortages and no support from management( not returning phone calls from customers because they don't want to hear the truth about the service). Another thing was the promotion process. The GM would promote from within but then would not provide the necessary training the new route manager needed like how to deal with complaints, how to motivate his employees, and how about holding everyone accountable for the actions as managers were the #1 reason of customer cancelations or defections as per a survey the company paid a outside company to perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiding or threatening your customers with lawsuits after they have expressed the dissatisfaction with the service and attention provided to their company's needs because that seems to be working or not.

Ok job if you don't care about your life

Sales and Service Manager (Former Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsDecent pay (sometimes), No weekends, ok benefits

ConsNo work life balance, if you are salary based like I was they will make you work 60+ hours. Promotions are based on who you know not by how you do. There are managers that should not be in their positions because they have no clue on how the real world works. Outdated technology in the laundry business.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your systems and restructure your upper management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate management is out of touch

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsLocal management used to be great, understanding and supportive. Great teamwork, had everything going in the right direction despite pressure from the boss people down south in Irvine.

Consconstant pressure from corporate, local managers cannot filter it enough. Company is too slow to adjust to today's way of doing business, competition is way ahead of me out on the route. They have better tools, products, pricing, I cannot compete. then they treat us like it is our fault. No LEADERSHIP from Corporate, constant negative harassment.

Advice to Senior Managementturn the calender past 1980 and recognize how to treat people in 2013 and realize there are many tools available today to make all of our lives easier. Don't be afraid of change so much or we will soon be extinct.

Not a bad place to work

Corporate Sales Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsFamily culture has its advantages

ConsManagement can be difficult at times

Don't get hurt , and do not rock the boat

Route Sales (Former Employee)

ProsSteady paycheck, good benefits. Good job to have while you figure out what you really want to do with your life.

ConsLocation management micro manages employees. At times management attempts to not pay employees their due sales commissions. They do not value long time employees opinions. If you voice your opinion be careful , you might become a target of management's attempts to get you out of the company. The management makes to many promises and never follow through. If you get hurt be careful and know your rights under the law. I know of an individual that was injured and on crutches but the company did not want to do workers comp, instead was put on limited duty in the office while on crutches. They even made this individual go out on a route on crutches to help a manager navigate the route. Pathetic.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real and value you're hard working employees. Realize who really makes and maintains your cash flow into you're business. Take a good look in the mirror.

With so many bad reviews, there must be something wrong.

Middle Management (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsMany years ago there were many, non to date that I can think of. The company was a totally different place when the founder was still alive but seems his vision is now gone. This company does, however, treat their hourly plant workers well compared to many competitors.

ConsNobody listens. Supervisors would rather lie than back you up.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should really think long and hard who you listen to. I have seen the "highest ups" lied to over and over by those they bank their trust with. Not so much a big deal for corporate politics but most affects employees even lower on the food chain adversely. This company used to be innovative to only turn into the 'followers'. Most big decisions I have seen made help the short term but can have very bad results long term. I have personally seen a recommendation completed, though not agreed to by most middle management, and save the day for the moment only to watch long term deterioration.

Not concerned with Quality.

QA Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood hours. Quite the learning experience...

ConsLow-grade pay scale unless you are the AGM or GM of your plant. Placement of employees in positions just to cover shift work. Unprofessional work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive towards your quality program. Need like-minded quality concerned individuals on the quality team. Cannot continue to just place who ever in those positions just to cover the shift work. That is not how a quality program should be run.

Be a sycophant or be gone

Sales and Service Manager (Current Employee) Milpitas, CA

ProsMatching 401k, decent medical, dental and vision.

ConsUpper management, sycophant attitudes, and what have you done for me lately.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is touchy... I believe a dose of reality comes into play. Perhaps upper management should put themselves in the lower management or even CSR's shoes more often as they loose touch of what it's like out there in the real world. They seem to pick and choose what rules and policies best fit there motives. Often times they run the regions as a dictatorship rather than as a family.

Disconnect between California and out-of-state markets. No real competitive advantages to service or products.

Sales Representative - Industrial (Former Employee) Round Rock, TX

ProsCompensation in line with industry average.

ConsPoorly managed. Expectations are unrealistic. High turnover.

Worked for Prudential Overall Supply? Contribute to the Community!