Prudential Overall Supply

2.5

Dan Clark

GM

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply

Pros

Family orientated and the company truly cares about the employees and the customers. The CEO even rides routes and visits customers.

Cons

A little behind as far as training and technology are concerned, although they are starting to make changes, so I'm sure this will improve.

Manager

Former Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits were decent.

Cons

Corporate Management is out of touch with the market today. Competition is light years ahead of them in so many ways. They need new blood so they can see the light.

Know when to say when. There is a reason there are term limits in most positions of authority. Company needs to learn that you cannot operate in 2014 with a 1980's mentality and thrive.

Best privately owned company to work for in the US!

Former Employee - Safety Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Safety Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are truly Prudential's most valuable resource

Cons

Need a plant in Charleston SC

Continue to take great care of people and people will keep taking care of Prudential!

Out of touch with the market and reality!

Former Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tough to come up with any real reasons why I would recommend anyone to work here. Possibly the starting pay is above average.

Cons

You can't sell to multi locations unless they are located only in Austin or San Antonio. You can't sell to restaurants that have table cloths or too many napkins, or if 50% of the
    invoice is one item. It seems to me when you only have 2% of the market and and only 2 routes after 20 years in the Austin market, you might want to adjust your thinking on accepting accounts.

The sales management team is a joke, and the GM is so arrogant that he is the only person he can stand. Stick to cleanroom only accounts, because you can't compete with the big boys with all your restrictions.

Watch your back at this company...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moorpark, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Moorpark, CA

I worked at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Not much to say in terms of pros because there is a catch to everything you would say is a "pro". For example, as a route driver pay is good but you have to work 60 hours a week for it. As you work on commission, there wereonly few routes that you able to get done in less than 10 hours a day. But working with the other non management was enjoyable as well as dealing with your customers that I now can consider sone as friends.

Cons

Well lets start with the petty politics that played out on a daily basis between upper management and middle management that trickled down to the front office receptionist to the mechanic. Also the unrealistic expectations the managers put on the csrs: at least 2 sales leads a week? Who wants to give us business when we are charging them $15 delivery fee with constant shortages and no support from management( not returning phone calls from customers because they don't want to hear the truth about the service). Another thing was the promotion process. The GM would promote from within but then would not provide the necessary training the new route manager needed like how to deal with complaints, how to motivate his employees, and how about holding everyone accountable for the actions as managers were the #1 reason of customer cancelations or defections as per a survey the company paid a outside company to perform.

Keep hiding or threatening your customers with lawsuits after they have expressed the dissatisfaction with the service and attention provided to their company's needs because that seems to be working or not.

Ok job if you don't care about your life

Former Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Sales and Service Manager in Fresno, CA

I worked at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay (sometimes), No weekends, ok benefits

Cons

No work life balance, if you are salary based like I was they will make you work 60+ hours. Promotions are based on who you know not by how you do. There are managers that should not be in their positions because they have no clue on how the real world works. Outdated technology in the laundry business.

Update your systems and restructure your upper management

Corporate management is out of touch

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Local management used to be great, understanding and supportive. Great teamwork, had everything going in the right direction despite pressure from the boss people down south in Irvine.

Cons

constant pressure from corporate, local managers cannot filter it enough. Company is too slow to adjust to today's way of doing business, competition is way ahead of me out on the route. They have better tools, products, pricing, I cannot compete. then they treat us like it is our fault. No LEADERSHIP from Corporate, constant negative harassment.

turn the calender past 1980 and recognize how to treat people in 2013 and realize there are many tools available today to make all of our lives easier. Don't be afraid of change so much or we will soon be extinct.

Not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Family culture has its advantages

Cons

Management can be difficult at times

Don't get hurt , and do not rock the boat

Former Employee - Route Sales
    Former Employee - Route Sales

I worked at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck, good benefits. Good job to have while you figure out what you really want to do with your life.

Cons

Location management micro manages employees. At times management attempts to not pay employees their due sales commissions. They do not value long time employees opinions. If you voice your opinion be careful , you might become a target of management's attempts to get you out of the company. The management makes to many promises and never follow through. If you get hurt be careful and know your rights under the law. I know of an individual that was injured and on crutches but the company did not want to do workers comp, instead was put on limited duty in the office while on crutches. They even made this individual go out on a route on crutches to help a manager navigate the route. Pathetic.

Get real and value you're hard working employees. Realize who really makes and maintains your cash flow into you're business. Take a good look in the mirror.

With so many bad reviews, there must be something wrong.

Former Employee - Middle Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Prudential Overall Supply full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many years ago there were many, non to date that I can think of. The company was a totally different place when the founder was still alive but seems his vision is now gone. This company does, however, treat their hourly plant workers well compared to many competitors.

Cons

Nobody listens. Supervisors would rather lie than back you up.

You should really think long and hard who you listen to. I have seen the "highest ups" lied to over and over by those they bank their trust with. Not so much a big deal for corporate politics but most affects employees even lower on the food chain adversely. This company used to be innovative to only turn into the 'followers'. Most big decisions I have seen made help the short term but can have very bad results long term. I have personally seen a recommendation completed, though not agreed to by most middle management, and save the day for the moment only to watch long term deterioration.