Prudential

Prudential Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Prudential Chairman and CEO John R. Strangfeld

John R. Strangfeld

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is good but still depends on what team you belong (in 80 reviews)

• Good benefits package - new employees are still eligible for a pension (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance of sales will drive most to leave within the first few years (in 23 reviews)

• 15 appoiuntments unless is is your personal friends and family (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

The Best Opportunity a Professional Could Ever Want!!!

Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee) East Brunswick, NJ

ProsTraining..Training..Training!! Office Culture and Compensation

I've read a number of negative reviews and found in my opinion that they must not have had a long term vision of what this Career should be. With any start-up practice you have to sacrifice in the short term to gain long term success. With that being said. Where can you start a 6 figure practice for less than a thousand dollars with a Billion dollar brand. My opinion for anyone thinking about becoming a Financial Services Associate is that if you want a 9-5 with the chance of being fired or downsized, this is not it. If you want freedom of a flexible schedule and income based on your own worth then fully commit to the opportunity and then judge.

ConsIf you do not have a hard work ethic and drive, this may not be for you

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be a resource for your reps and maybe think outside the box of what has been typically done for years.

Good Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsGood culture, benefits, location, overall great group of people.

ConsInternal hiring makes it difficult to gain perm. employment.

Contract Specialist

Contract Specialist (Former Employee) Roseland, NJ

ProsGreat place to work! Pru really stretches you outside your comfort zone. Pru build leaders at all levels. Loved working for Prudential.

ConsJob outsourced to India. So so sad

Advice to Senior Managementincreased pay is always great!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid Intern Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible and understanding management. Solid education and development. Pay was very good compared to the industry.

ConsOffice was a little bit sluggish, but it improved during my experience there. May just be cyclical.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPrudential offers great benefits, fair salaries, work life balance and a lot of extra benefits you will only find at a large organization.

ConsYou will find the typical office politics often found at large organizations with a diverse group of employees. In some of the departments you will also find the favoritism obstacle in advancement.

Your experience will vary.

Director (Current Employee) Woodbridge, NJ

ProsGood benefits package - new employees are still eligible for a pension. Many people can find a good work life balance. If you need to work long hours on a project, you can usually do it from home.

ConsHighly controlled environment tends to stifle quick solutions and creativity. Difficult to move between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees more flexibility to use outside, internet, tools to perform their job.

Great place to work

ProsFlexibility
    Competitive Pay
    Very well established company

ConsExtremely structured
    Things take a long time to get done
    Outdated equipment

Troubled company because it never moves forward and centers on mediocrity.

Marketing Director (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsCompensation is fair, some locations are okay.

ConsExcellence is not recognized or rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany moves toward mediocrity.

Great company with poor management

Operstions (Current Employee) Portland, TX

ProsGreat benefits
    Flexible hours
    Strong salary
    The company is always working to improve itself and its environment

ConsVery poor management- if you are a go getter and looking to advance, then you will want to look elsewhere. Management should not be able to

So many opportunities are only in NJ so if you don't want to go to NJ then you have very few options to advance

Advice to Senior ManagementTake action against managers when issues/concerns are voiced. People leave when they feel they don't have a voice and they aren't getting the support they need.

It's pretty good, but not without flaws.

Actuary (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsGreat health, dental, and vision care. In fact, all their benefits are pretty good. You get a lot of PTO, too, and working from home is encouraged. Prudential really does care about helping you get the rest of the stuff in life out of the way so you can perform your best when you're on the clock.

ConsSalaries are pretty low for the work and region. Just about everyone I know outside of Pru is getting paid more than me.

Big focus on doing something in the "Prudential way", even if that's admitted to be inefficient. Results in some clunky, inefficient procedures that waste asssociates time.

Tech standards are WAY outdated - we're still on Lotus Notes for crying out loud! The firewalls and Internet blocking policies are ineffective and condescending, too. Sometimes they block you from getting to information that'd help you at work, and if people really want to slack off, they'll just find another way to do it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove our IT systems into the 21st century. It's only slowing us down.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!