Prudential Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Contract Employee Review

Pros

In Iselin, NJ they believe in cross training both permanent and contract employees. I find this to be beneficial as it can offer experience in a facet of the department that one wouldn't normally get while on other contract positions.

Cons

As with any large company, the rumor mill regarding what is going to happen down the road is alive and well and most often not exactly true.

2. Great people and excellent team atmosphere

I worked at Prudential full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Prudential was a great place to work and had wonderful staff. I learned a great deal and always felt that I was a part of team, as well as an entrepreneur.

Cons

In order to achieve my personal goals I wish I had discovered this opportunity when I was in my 20's rather than in my 60's. No reflection on Prudential.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging growth of new reps and don't forget about the tenured reps.

3. customer service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Great company culture. The pay was decent. Also they offered overtime and it wasn't mandatory.

Cons

Very little room for growth

Customer Service Associate

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Dubuque, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Dubuque, IA

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prudential's benefits include three weeks of vacation, 401k match, pension plan, 90% tuition assistance for graduate and undergraduate degrees, performance based bonus, health insurance, and wellness programs. There is opportunity for career advancement as Prudential promotes heavily with internal employees. Management is supportive and helpful in regards to a work/life balance.

Cons

Beginning a career in the call center requires patience because a promotion to another department is not possible until a minimum of one year of service. Once eligible for promotion, there are only few positions available each year. Prudential's low turnover is due to being one of the best employers in the world.

Advice to Management

Create a mentor program for call center associates with other departments. Meeting with other departments will allow for relationship building and ideas on what skills call center representatives must develop to be a prime candidate for advancement.

6. FLDP Associate

Pros

It's a great work culture. The people make the company stick out. Very collaborative.

Cons

Once you start working at Prudential, you don't see the need to move on to a different company which could limit your exposure to the industry.

Program Manager

Pros

Decent benefits, good people and excellent leaders.

Cons

Very political and risk adverse, therefore, slow moving on all processes and procedures which makes it difficult to execute on anything quickly.

8. Structured Organization

I worked at Prudential full-time

Pros

Solid organization that is structured in a sensible and effective way. IT resources are very good Managers are knowledgeable about business.

Cons

Slow to change Very difficult for individual to make a big impact or get noticed Corporate headquarters in Newark Aggressive pricing on some products

Advice to Management

Prudential has a very good structure but this can be a disadvantage if it is used as way to keep the wool over employees' eyes by compartmentalizing where no one sees the big picture. Instead it should be used as a way for each department to thoroughly review other areas work which will in the long run help quality control. Be wary of new product structures in the market that have good sales as they may end up with losses in the future.

Prudential Response

Aug 18, 2015 – Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for the thoughtful feedback! We’re glad your overall experience was positive and appreciate your candor about the opportunity and challenges that the role presented. We invite you to submit ... More

9. Insurance

Former Employee - Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Prudential (Less than a year)

Pros

It's really satisfying when you can run your own business. There's people who have been in the business for a long time that will coach you into being successful.

Cons

Starting from scratch. There's no base salary, it's totally commission. So if you don't have money saved to get you through the beginning phase of this process, then I wouldn't waste time trying to do this because you won't have income.

10. Prudential Advisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Pros

Manage your agenda, full product, training and expert support. No limits for commissions compensation.

Cons

Prediction of the family cash flow.

11. Channel Director

Former Employee - Channel Director in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Channel Director in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Prudential (Less than a year)

Pros

Diversity and inclusion and ranks top of the Human Rights Campaign scores

Cons

no room for growth - people have been there too long and fight change and the new staff - basically force you out

Advice to Management

allow change and new ways of doing things

Prudential Response

Aug 20, 2015 – Social Media Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is a daily priority. We are also committed to providing our employees with learning and development opportunities that help them ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed