Prudential Reviews

744 reviews filtered by

1. Finance Internship Program Experience

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Newark, NJ
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing senior management exposure throughout the program. Really quality internship experience, lots of training throughout the summer. My "intern position" felt like an actual job. HUGE focus on team work and talent development. Just a really great environment to work in. Relaxed, but competitive. Lots of opportunity for personal growth. Sign-on bonus for interns, plus good pay and overtime. I met the CFO, CEO, and many high level executives.

Cons

Not many cons. Some people in the program were family members of employees.

Stay Away from Scottsdale Location!!!

Former Employee - Claims Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Claims Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Prudential full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot about the third-party benefits administration industry, including a lot about the various organizations involved. I learned quickly that it is an incestuous and unstable niche.

Cons

Unbelievably antiquated computer system. Ridiculous to almost impossible productivity standards. The training was long, but poorly presented and lacking in substance. The place was a revolving door when I left and continued as such the last I heard. It was personally a horrific experience, creating some angst about my ability to learn new things - actually causing me to undergo full cognitive testing. It wasn't me!

Seriously? You really think it's everybody else and not the policies, procedures and unrealistic expectations? The attrition rate during the short time I endured must have been close to 50% in some areas.

Prudential Response

Mar 27, 2015Senior Staffing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experiences. If you would like to discuss this further, we are interested in hearing from you. Please email us staffing@prudential.com

Just another corporation that doesn't care about their employees

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Dresher, PA
    Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Dresher, PA

I have been working at Prudential as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

A good learning experience. if you want to deal with grieving people

Cons

Very morbid, most of the time you are giving bad news

Prudential Response

Mar 27, 2015Senior Staffing Specialist

We appreciate your candid feedback. If you would like to discuss this further we are interested in hearing from you. Please email us staffing@prudential.com.

5. Life Insurance Sales

I worked at Prudential

Pros

Prudential has a solid reputation for life insurance and a broad range of products to meet clients' needs, from variable to fixed products.

Cons

There was minimal focus on investment planning, so this is a topic that many clients were looking to other financial professionals to get advice.

Broaden the scope of the financial planning process to include investment management, estate planning, retirement planning as well as insurance planning.

6. Intern

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Houston, TX

I worked at Prudential as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

vwry nice environment to work in along with many great employees willing to help you.

Cons

Network for workin is slow in responsive.

7. compliance associate

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Compliance Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Prudential

Pros

great benefits, awesome team and growth opportunities. perks like free museums visit, lunch ons. etd

Cons

great company overall. good work life balance

8. Not a bad company to work for.

Former Employee - Financial Professional in North Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Financial Professional in North Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Prudential

Pros

The training was the best in the industry.

Cons

Too much downsizing over the years.

Stop changing the commission structure each year.

9. Great work/life balance - not as much drive or passion

Current Employee - Investment Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Investment Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prudential full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Rarely work weekends and access to big deals and big players

Cons

I don't feel like I'm compensates based on my contribution. Everyone gets paid based on tenure. Also, the processes are so streamlined that it's hard to add value

Compensate based on contribution. Be willing to promote earlier

Cheap isn't even the right word

Former Employee - Financial Professional Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Professional Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Prudential full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get your series 6/63, out of pocket of course

Cons

Coming from a wirehouse, I’ve always wondered why the insurance companies called several times a day to attempt to recruit you. This is an insurance company with proprietary products in mind. Don’t be fooled with their “holistic” financial approach. All they offer are mutual fund wraps and you can’t even execute the trades yourself. You have to call a desk, not for a million dollar trade but for any trade! Prudential spends all the money on senior management and literally nothing trickles down to the office. You have to come out of pocket for everything, including coffee. I believe they spend too much on managers, because what does an employer do when they have too many managers? Bingo! They have too many meetings! There was a meeting every day to go over production, etc. Any entrepreneur knows this is in effective, but these people have to justify their salaries so be prepared for meetings, meetings, and then a meeting about all those meetings. In a typical day, you would arrive at 8am and wouldn’t be out of meetings until 11. In said meetings, the manager may even read to you. Yes, read to you, from a book, like when you were a child. Once the meetings concluded, it was time for training! By the time that let out, It was 1:30 or so. Keep in mind, this is a commission only position, with everything out of pocket, but don’t worry you will be reimbursed upon selling five proprietary prudential products. At the end of the day, if you are new to the industry and too dumb to realize that this is a terrible model, you may be okay. Any seasoned pro, don’t be fooled. This is a transactional outfit that can’t support the needs of high net worth client. I only write this, so someone like me doesn’t waste nearly four months of lost income trying to make a fit that clearly isn’t.

Fire some of yourselves and spend that money on the branches.

11. Great company to work for!

I worked at Prudential

Pros

Own Schedule so must be self-motivated!

Cons

100% Commission So Must Work Hard!

None