Prudential Reviews

1. Customer Service Associate- Annuties

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dresher, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dresher, PA

I worked at Prudential

Pros

A lot of PTO, friendly environment, people are willing to help, good benefits.

Cons

Low pay, management isn't great, They have constant lay offs, hard to move up

2. Senior Compliance Associate

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Rego Park, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Rego Park, NY

I worked at Prudential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable hours. Good working environment.

Cons

Lack career opportunities. Lack office morale. Low annual compensation.

3. Business and IT Analyst

Former Employee - IGATE Consultant in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - IGATE Consultant in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential (More than a year)

Pros

Good Supportive leaders and superiors

Cons

excessive focus on following workflows

Current Employee

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Fantastic training structure
    Family feel office environment

Cons

Time required within the first 3 years

Advice to Management

None

Associate

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse, great location, benefits are okay

Cons

It depends on who you know to move up

Individual Life Is A Bad Place To Work!

Current Employee - Actuarial Associate in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Actuarial Associate in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Prudential offers very good benefits including health insurance, long-term disability insurance and adequate paid time off.

Cons

I work in the Individual Life Insurance business unit in Newark, NJ. This is not a good placed to work. For starters there seem to be an over abundance of executives relative to the number of staff. The unit would do better with more lower payed staff and fewer over paid executives. Many executives are seen spending an hour or two a day at the fitness center next door to our building or coming and going from the bar on the other side of the building.

Fellow staff are unhappy here. We all struggle with inadequate technology. Many of us write business requirements and find it's like pulling teeth to get our requirements fully programmed by the systems group. No one seems to care.

Overall, I just feel like I work in a very disorganized and unprofessional environment. I'm very unhappy working here.

Advice to Management

You need to streamline the number of executives and provide better support to staff. Systems areas need to be improved greatly.

Prudential Response

Jun 26, 2015Social Media Community Manager

Your opinion matters to us. Please email us at staffing@prudential.com so we can refer you to somoene who will be able to address your concern.

8. Opportunities seem plentiful, good work-life balance, smart, friendly employees, good work environment

Former Employee - Copywriter in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Copywriter in Newark, NJ

I worked at Prudential

Pros

Rock (pun intended) solid company; strong financials, broad portfolio of traditional and non-traditional products. Newer offerings, such as hybrid plans, developed to meet consumers' multiple needs; commitment to serving and expanding reach into multicultural markets, including the LGBT community; smart, creative, friendly and approachable employees. Opportunities seem plentiful at Prudential. Progressive, savvy branding. I think Prudential has one of the more memorable campaigns running now about financial planning/saving for retirement, although Tommy Lee Jones hits the mark as spokesperson for Ameriprise.

Cons

Nothing specific, but an observation--as with any large organization, there are simultaneous moving parts and quickly shifting priorities. Ongoing communication is always good.

9. Group Uderwriter

I have been working at Prudential full-time

Pros

Benefits are really good and the people are friendly

Cons

the lack of management support

Advice to Management

work with UW to meet reasonable deadlines, not just with sales

10. Information Security Specialist

Former Employee - Information Technology in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Prudential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for Prudential for over 25 years and loved working for them. I enjoyed the various positions I had with them throughout the years.

Cons

Throughout my years I experienced several downsizing but was able to post successfully for other positions.

11. Potentially corrupt, ignorant, unethical, and untruthful organization that in my opinion abuses their advisors.

Current Employee - Financial Professional in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Professional in Houston, TX

I have been working at Prudential full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Prudential has a good benefit program, but you must work there for at least two years to get full access to those benefits.

Cons

They hire ignorant trainers as well as used car salesmen with no ethical or moral character as their local management team(Manager Financial Services & Managing Director).

Additionally, the corporate headquarters does not provide a local support team so everything is chaotic at the office unless you pay for it yourself.

Products are ok but they push Variable Universal Life Insurance for every need(college savings to retirement savings).

One training meeting quote "figure out their financial need and then club them over the head with a VUL"

Compensation is so complicated that you need to take several training classes to understand.

Hint... It is all geared toward selling life insurance and increasing profits for the company shareholders not its clients.

Systems to build a financial services practice are non-existent, so you must create one yourself.

They do not protect their employees from sexual harassment and furthermore they punish whistle blowers who report those issues through compensation penalties.

As a financial advisor you go into the Pru system with dreams of making lots of money, but you end up leaving with less money than you started.

Advice to Management

The president of Agency Distribution should clean house and hire a management team that grows a financial services organization with smart, ethical leaders who not only care about Prudential's clients but also their Advisors creating those relationships and servicing existing clients who are fed up with the 1-800 service call run around.

She should also get rid of the management growth matrix that all the MDs abuse and massage to earn recognition from peers and organization.

Prudential Response

Jun 19, 2015Social Media Community Manager

Prudential is committed to doing business the right way. We want to continually earn the trust of our employees and our customers. If you believe that unethical activities, unlawful discrimination ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed