Prudential Reviews

Updated September 23, 2014
3.4

Prudential Chairman and CEO John R. Strangfeld
John R. Strangfeld

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is good but still depends on what team you belong (in 80 reviews)

• Good benefits package - new employees are still eligible for a pension (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance of sales will drive most to leave within the first few years (in 23 reviews)

• 15 appoiuntments unless is is your personal friends and family (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great work environment, great benefits

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Prudential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pru was a nice place to work. The benefits for me were key, as I had two babies while working for the company. I was given great benefits and enjoyed a 6 month maternity leave.

Cons

I wish I could have had more flexibility in the job. Working from home part-time, or having flex time hours would have been really helpful.

Cheap and Political

I have been working at Prudential

Pros

Some areas in the company offer flexible hours and have a work life balance. Very unfair distribution of work, otherwise. Large company with some resources spent on useful projects. A few good people.

Cons

Where to begin. The list is long. Cheap. Benefits are minimal, including vacation and healthcare. Working in a ghetto saves the company money. Technology is old, making processes manual. The company spends money on consultants and wastes money in projects, while some have no work flexibility and have to take time off to go to the doctor or run an errand. Very hierarchical - no one cares what you know or can do. It's all about tenure and title. People treat you horribly. They are mean and political.

Take off your crown. Don't insult and talk down to people. Upgrade technology to save people's time. Work with those who are educated and have skills.

The Best Opportunity a Professional Could Ever Want!!!

Current Employee - Financial Professional Associate  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Professional Associate in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Prudential full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training..Training..Training!! Office Culture and Compensation

I've read a number of negative reviews and found in my opinion that they must not have had a long term vision of what this Career should be. With any start-up practice you have to sacrifice in the short term to gain long term success. With that being said. Where can you start a 6 figure practice for less than a thousand dollars with a Billion dollar brand. My opinion for anyone thinking about becoming a Financial Services Associate is that if you want a 9-5 with the chance of being fired or downsized, this is not it. If you want freedom of a flexible schedule and income based on your own worth then fully commit to the opportunity and then judge.

Cons

If you do not have a hard work ethic and drive, this may not be for you

Continue to be a resource for your reps and maybe think outside the box of what has been typically done for years.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Planning and Analyst

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at Prudential as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

This is a big company where I can learn new things everyday and has a lot of opportunities to improve my career like job training and opportunity to work with different department.

Cons

I was a contract employee so I did not have benefits, but I heard benefits in Prudential is excellent.

The Manager in Prudential has a tendency of giving a good training and a good chance to employee to sharp their knowledge.

csr

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Shelton, CT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Shelton, CT

I worked at Prudential full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only some of the employees there. Free icecream

Cons

everything. Nothing Was good. Management was useless

Learn about you prducts and systems

INCOMPETENT LEADERSHIP, BLATANT FAVORITISM, DISCRIMINATORY PRACTICES & CHILDISH BEHAVIOR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Prudential full-time for more than a year

Pros

exceptional, PROFESSIONAL co-workers who are great to work with despite the title description above

Cons

DI - Managing Director and RL- Compliance

Don't believe everything you hear from senior mgmt-the good old boy network thrives at Prudential. Ratings below only for Pacific Group not company-wide.

Total rip-off; you pay them to sell their insurance!

Former Employee - Financial Professional Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Financial Professional Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Prudential as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Prudential's agent support center in Minnesota is top-notch; maybe one of the best in the nation!

Cons

Their Career Development Program (CDP) is a total scam to get people to bring 5 high dollar sales (about $800,000 in life policies) into the company for which their sales (training manager) will get sales credit for.
    You are promised $1872 in reimbursement for getting licensure, but no one ever ever gets it. They promise great support and training but you will get none, except from other friendly agents whom are going through the same woes as you; and the agent support hotline. All training is via on-line PLN's that are really old.
    You will not be able to get business cards or anything else with your name and Prudential's name on it; or associate yourself on linkedin or facebook until you have delivered the $800,000 in life insurance accounts and completed all licensure requirements. They will require you to pay them $579 to take the series 6 and 63 exam; and more if you don't pass it. You will have to pay $29 per month for access to email via your cell phone and $59 per month for e-relationship which is their CRM tool. If you complete the program, and deliver 5 of your friends and family to a lifetime of regret for paying very high (because they will be paying these premiums until they are 100 years old); then Pru will disclose to you what a really bad deal you have made with service charges for everything from desk rent; phone and fax usage, brochures, and electronic access. There are chargebacks against commiss Afions for lapsed policies and commission sharing to pad your branch manager's income; as well as FEES, FEES, AND MORE FEES FOR EVERYTHING! You will end up owing them money every month for the first 2-3 years.

First of all, get some affordable and price competitive products that appeal to the 99%; that the agent can use "to get their foot in the door"; and train your agents to be honest and upfront that they are primarily insurance, annuity, and mutual fund sales people.

Great environment and people to work with, you have to be driven and prepared to be denied over and over again.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Prudential full-time

Pros

dedicated people working with you, who will help you with any questions you have. Benefits are awesome. The building has a gym and a cafeteria.

Cons

The training needs a little more work, they have times where they have training but they dont

Good Company but stagnant

Current Employee - Claims Examiner  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Prudential as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good people, good management. good work environment

Cons

Low salaries, not much room for advancement

Improve opportunities for advancement

PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Prudential full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Large Company with good benefits, CBD location with competitive salaries

Cons

Company has very liberal views, and micromanages all employees.

Worked for Prudential? Contribute to the Community!