Prudential plc

www.prudential.co.uk

Prudential plc Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Prudential plc – Central District – “Prudential meeting room”

Prudential plc Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam

Tidjane Thiam

Needs to address bullying

ProsCompetitive financial packages and investment in staff. A large company which allows employees room to develop or change their skill set.

ConsA blind eye is turned to senior managers who enjoy bullying, intimidatory tactics. Work / life balance is dismal in these areas and stress levels very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementCloser attention to, and zero tolerance of, areas where bullying and hierarchical rule is routine. Let's protect Pru 's good name.

Company with care and love

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsWork-life balance with flexible working hour.
    Team sprit with love and caring team members.
    Job motivations e.g. Year end bonus, travel package.

ConsNarrow customer sources due to personal networking or insufficient client-based activities.
    Highly competitive industry.

Good

MT-Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsCompany values are strong and good

Conssalary is a bit low

Advice to Senior Managementpersonal growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Prudential plc

Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood Company values, some great people, they invest in their people's training and they have a good renumeration scheme.

ConsQuality of management can be inconsistent, work life balance can also easily start to erode.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the performance management system working properly, should be a fantastic incentive for staff, it's not, it's a chore. Get rid of poor performers, no matter their seniority, quickly.

senior management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFlexible employer who is fair but demands their pound of flesh. Good staff relations and excellent benefits.

ConsIt can be very political at senior levels and is a lot more ruthless at these levels. Heavily regulated which can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior Managementremove some of the politics. Encourage people to do the best for the company not what is just right for them.

temp service desk agent

IT Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros- Pay is not bad as a temp who have not graduated from university, and OT are paid accurately by the agency.
    - Required to work on weekends but is compensated by good remuneration.

Cons- May meet difficult financial consultants but you will get the hang of handling them
    - Everyone is too busy to teach the newcomers, so you will feel lost as a temp during the first two weeks. Thereafter you'll know how things work.
    - Office politics

Great People

Actuarial Intern (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Prospeople are very nice, the office is very good, free coffee free snacks, and every friday we have desserts, yes lala lala lala

Consworking hours are bad for some depts

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Extremely hierarchical with outdated management style

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsRelatively good benefits including pension and Share options.

ConsHighly sexist and very hierarchical organization that does not support employee development or growth. Promotions will likely need to be sought outside the company. Culture of blame, and lack of accountability on the part of Directors.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus needs to be put on having senior executives engage with staff, to increase employee morale, and offer more opportunity for 360 degree feedback to hold managers accountable.

Good experience, Good Management. Managers & seniors very helpful. A good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment. If got stuck with any work related problem, someone was always there to help.

ConsNothing to say about. Healthy work environment. Extra curricular activities. Everything was there. Hard to find any Cons.

Review of PPMS (Operations)

Pros* One Team One Goal
    * Good solution-oriented management
    * Colleagues are treated like assets & are HEARD
    * Strong support & confidence from UK stake-holders
    * Helpful & supprotive collegaues

Cons* Looked down upon by other verticals
    * Learning oppurtunities are very sterotyped (basic excel, letter writing, lateral thinking etc)

Advice to Senior Management* Learning oppurtunities could be increased for high performing colleagues to create a future sourcing ground for other verticals

Worked for Prudential plc? Contribute to the Community!