PruittHealth

Updated October 18, 2014
2.4

PruittHealth Chairman and CEO Neil Pruitt
Neil Pruitt

Pros
  • Has capability to be better resource if company would consider quality care management as opposed to quantity in building census (in 6 reviews)

• close to home, centrally located (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one cares about the little guy who makes Christian City a 5 star rated facility (in 6 reviews)

• Upper Management is out of touch (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Grueling work, Amazing patients

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The patients. Some of the co-workers.

Cons

The workload - I've worked all shifts. First shift or second shift I would get 12-18 patients; on a third shift I would get from 22 - 35 patients... I worked a long term care floor, so many of the patients were completely dependent. While the facility claims they are a "no lift" facility - the hoyer lift availability was a joke (2 for 48 patients; IF they weren't in need of maintenance?). Not only that, when you have 15 patients to get up, wash up, feed, change - within an 8 hour period - hooking up a patient to a hoyer takes away valuable time. Overall the patient/CNA ratio is not only dangerous for everyone, but frankly - illegal.

I hope you seriously consider improving your patient to staff ratio. For the amount you charge the patients per month (some of them have told me), it's a crime you don't have a better plan. The only reason I'm rating the company 3 stars instead of 1 is because the pay is competitive for the area and because I love the patients (which you really have nothing to do with).

ok

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at PruittHealth

Pros

good compensation.., good time off.. bad medical insurance

Cons

lot of pressure. its all about money .

Great nursing team, lousy corporate attitude.

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our team of RN's, LPN,s and CNA's are absolutely the best. Very team oriented, PCC, OC, and TA are great. Office staff/management is exceptional in what they do, back up field personnel, work hard with staff, and are there when you need them.

Cons

Corporate is disconnected from work force, no overtime allowed and director gets an earful if OT does happen. To many patients to staff in a day, especially with the distances many RN's, LPN,s, OT, PT, and CNA,s have to drive. Awarded raises that are later reneged on, to much computer time without getting payed for work done at home. Most workers are on their computers 7 days a week due to load, no boundaries for work and off work time. Expect workers to open computers any time they are called. To much Pruitt U and tenets are a TOTAL waste of time. Only reason I stay is patients and team.

Get some advice from your field workers and quit being so cocooned up inside your little corporate bubble. Mr. Pruitt is either totally blind or a non-caring narcissist.

Facility Management A+

Current Employee - MDS Coordinator in Fort Oglethorpe, GA
    Current Employee - MDS Coordinator in Fort Oglethorpe, GA

I have been working at PruittHealth as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

-The same facility administration for almost two decades. Our managers care about their employees and clients...this facility has retained many of its same staff for years; more like a family.
    -Clients receive quality care!

Cons

The building is over thirty years old and terribly outdated!! Requests to update are denied while newer buildings are built, which makes attracting new clients difficult at times, thus causing lost opportunities to generate revenue. Company has began removing benefits such as short-term disability and option to cash in PTO time.

Life of a nurse

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Macon, GA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Macon, GA

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of great benefits. Good hours and great people

Cons

Management doesn't listen to the workers that make this company their money

Stand behind your employees and listen when they try to tell you what is really wrong with the way things are run.

Unfortunately Pruitt does not value it's greatest asset it's employees

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some wonderful caring people that I work with despite the non-caring attitude of management

Cons

No orientation for new employees, left it to the offices that are already understaffed. No exit interviews of employees to determine reason for leaving.

Corp should read their own Tenets and live by them

Christian organization, kind office atmosphere, little bureaucracy

Current Employee - I T Department in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - I T Department in Norcross, GA

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office culture, kind management, good hours

Cons

Lack of structure and formalized project planning

Speaking only for corporate (non patient care) employment.... The best and worst part of working at PruittHealth is that it is run like the family business that it is. If you prefer traditional structure of a fortune 500 company with meetings, committees, formal project planning, etc., then you will not like PruittHealth. If you prefer a more relaxed atmosphere with direct interaction with other teams so things can be done more quickly, but without the safety blanket (or scapegoat) of a defined process for everything, then you'll like working at PruittHealth.

Horrible!

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Shared misery between employees which brings staff close! The patients are the only thing that brings you back!

Cons

No matter how hard you work its never enough! Leadership/management do not care about the hard working honest staff and will work you to the bone with no appreciation. They give less than mediocre training then blame the employee for not "knowing" how to do their job. Raises are laughable, no PTO on holidays, no overtime...even when you work overtime...they find a way to take your hours from you. Work days are long and grueling for the pay you receive. Its very sad because the office I worked had a great staff who wanted the best for the company, however, management obviously did not feel the same! The job made for a miserable life and if you are a reputable hardworking nurse I would think before you take a job here. There are many other places to work that will appreciate and care about their employees. It looks like its not just our branch but a shared belief of employees on a whole that this place stinks! I could list cons for days but I think this says enough!

none....they wouldn't listen if I wrote it here.

This establishment does not care about it's employees.

I have been working at PruittHealth

Pros

To be honest I really can't think of a good reason, aside from thanking God for a job.Being able to know that when I was on shift I did my very best to give excellent care to the residents.The patients/residents kept me going.

Cons

Not having enough staff to provide efficient care on a consistent basis.The facility is always short of staff, so in turn it would cause the nurses to be behind with their medication pass because help was needed to toilet,feed,transfer and prevent falls of patients more than with in reason.The equipment does not work properly and their are Blood pressure machines that have been needing to be replaced for a couple of years literally.

Stop telling staff members its not in the budget and do something about getting more help so the nurses are not overwhelmed with extra duties.Other wise the patients along with the staff that continues to work there will suffer.Start making an effort to care about the employees work setting.Stop being more concerned with how much money management/owner will have in their pockets and invest more in keeping a safe,clean,healthy work environment.

Pruitt has great benefits, but management is unsatisfactorily

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

To assist the elderly and the sick In the nursing homes

Cons

Challenges in the corporate is that you do not get to communicate with the patients face-to-face

Communication is disconnected; more hands on is required