PruittHealth Reviews

Reset
2.2
PruittHealth Chairman and CEO Neil Pruitt
Neil Pruitt

Pros
  • Has capability to be better resource if company would consider quality care management as opposed to quantity in building census (in 6 reviews)

• close to home, centrally located (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one cares about the little guy who makes Christian City a 5 star rated facility (in 6 reviews)

• Upper Management is out of touch (in 6 reviews)

Maintenance Director

Current Employee - Maintenance Director in Douglasville, GA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Director in Douglasville, GA

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I found a group of dedicated people who work well together no matter what the issue. A manager that works tirelessly, she is very methodical in her approach to solving problems.

Cons

upper management seems detached and not easily approachable. i worry about communicating with them at all.

Advice to Management

management and policy's should be supportive, not cumbersome. trying to make the correct decisions should not be difficult.

2. LPN

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Rome, GA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Rome, GA

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Own Pharmacy and supply comapny

Cons

Fair amount of turnover from staff

3. Maintenance director

Former Employee - Maintenance Director in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Maintenance Director in Durham, NC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed performing my duties as the maintenance director, working on a variety of items including hospital grade beds, televisions, lighting, minor plumbing and minor electrical, most of all just being able to work independently and work at my own pace.

Cons

The work load was increased on an almost daily basis in ways that was unattainable for any one human being to handle. I asked repeatedly for an assistant but was always told that it wasn't in the budget.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with more respect and listen to them more often, instead of constantly making demands, expecting unreal outcomes, and not compensating salaried employees when they consistently worked more than 40 hours in a week.

PEOPLE - TAKING CARE OF PEOPLE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked a lot of places. There is no place quite like PruittHealth. Why? The culture. They really aim to do it right, because it's the right thing to do. Never have I heard or had so many conversations about employee satisfaction and how to provide exceptional quality care.

Cons

Like any company in this economic climate, they run lean. Yet, the scores continue to outpace the national averages - so I can't say too much here.

Advice to Management

Take Drucker's advice. More MBWA.

Hospice

Former Employee - RN Hospice in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - RN Hospice in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The small group of people at my site. We got to know each other very well and worked well together

Cons

Corporate. When they came in, it unbalanced everything. Their focus was only on moneymaking. Did not care about patients and cutting staff. To the point it was not feasible to provide decent care. Several of us quit.

Advice to Management

You hold yourself up as a Christian company. But your behavior at corporate meetings and the heavy drinking, as well as hooking up with others is clearly permitted. It seems to be part of the corporate structure. You also do not look at ways to be cost effective and morale building.

Billing/Collections Specialist

I have been working at PruittHealth

Pros

location, large cubicals, gym on property, cafeteria, quarterly bonuses

Cons

poor management in some departments. need better training.

Miserable and frustrated and beyond exhausted

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, NC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

This review is of ONE specific facility location, and may not reflect Pruitt as a whole....maybe other locations or facilities are better...I will not point out the rehab unit I am referring to... Pros: Beautiful clean facility Fair wages and occasional (small) bonuses for full time long term employees Variety of patient population Boss is flexible about schedule

Cons

Where to start... No management presence, nurses and medical staff are left alone to make important decisions that should be for management, the administrator,etc A scary and stupid reluctance to send patients out to hospital. I went to school for 4 years to become a nurse...I have worked hard and put in hundreds of hours of patient care. So, if I am caring for a patient and he or she is obviously ill, lab work is abnormal, something isn't right, etc and there is no doctor present and they need rapid care, I will send them out. We were told not to, to keep the patient as long as possible. Dangerous and unethical! All to meet their patient census and get $$. I will not be responsible for a patients' health decline under my care, treatment should never be delayed. Our small facility can only do so much, and some people are to Too ill and need to go to a hospital where all interventions can be made. Management would actually be annoyed or angry if you sent a patient to the hospital that they deemed unnecessary. One time a patient was very ill and she was sent to the hospital...management kept saying not to send the patient out, do all these other doctors orders first...a waste of valuable time when a person is acutely sick. She did go to the hospital, went to ICU and died that day...still think she doesn't need to go to a hospital ?!? Absolutely horrific and unfair treatment of employees regarding hours of shifts/on call/etc...Nurse assistants were often begged or pleaded to do double shifts (16 hours!!!) for another day off, etc. these promises were broken all the time. Nurses would work for 13 to 14 hours on a GOOD day to do all paperwork and complete all orders etc. Nurses are put on call for 7 days and are treated as entirely responsible for any "holes" in the schedule. We were always short staffed. If you were on call, your week was going to be horrible and awful and you just knew it...nurses would work a 12 hr shift and then be forced to stay and keep caring for patients because there was no coverage for the next shift. You could be basically trapped there for 16 or 17 hours (16 hrs a day is legally the max an RN can work in NC) all because "you are on call" and no staff was available. Dangerous to patients to have such a tired nurse and unfair, I don't want overtime pay, I want to go home and see my family! Insane lack of care for staff and their health problems...how ironic in a healthcare facility! Numerous nurses and NA's would request shorter shifts or less time standing/ walking because of health issues...older age and arthritis, knee problems, even heart trouble for example...no help was ever given. Staff would request a change or accommodation and never got it. At one point there were several nurses who were pregnant. Three of them wanted shorter shifts as they got bigger (still working full time, just in 8 or 10 hr shifts instead of 12 +) Management said they would accommodate, and said for months they would "work on it". Never happened. All those nurses had to work 12 hr shifts on their feet the entire day up until their leave. Or else they would lose $ and benefits for dropping hours. One of the pregnant nurses was put on call only two or three weeks before her due date...at the end of your pregnancy you probably shouldn't be working more than 40 hrs a week, or on day and night shifts because there is just no staff. Always short staffed, as said above...new staff hired were deceived about patient load, on call policy, etc and would quit very shortly after being hired. Super fast turn over. Never enough medical supplies Way too heavy of a patient load for NA's and nurses, 20 patients for nurses and 15 for NA's. Most of my co workers were wonderful and hard working and caring, that was what kept me there...but with no help from management and totally impossible expectations of medical staff was too much. This industry is about patient lives, this is about people, it should never be taken so lightly and without regard to safety. Promises never kept by management Staff that were always late, never showed up for their shift or consistently, broke rules over and over were not fired or disciplined. Some staff could just do whatever they wanted and knew it. Trying to contact your manager or director is impossible. They never return your calls, so if you are at work on a weekend or night time and you need their direction or have an emergency, good luck, because they won't answer you! (8 times out of 10 averaged maybe)

Advice to Management

Care genuinely about your patients, stop putting your staff at high risk for medical errors and exhaustion. Be there for help when called. I could go on forever...

Was a great place to work until corporate stepped in...

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Duluth, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

Staff at the inpatient unit was great-everyone worked together as a team.Patient care was exceptional. Work atmosphere was harmonious and far above average.

Cons

Corporate stepped in.New management , staff cuts. Many of the staff have left -others are looking for jobs. Patient care is now second to the bottom line...

Advice to Management

You had a great facility with an awesome staff.Why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken?Very sad for the remaining staff and future patients....

Great Place to Work

I have been working at PruittHealth

Pros

The culture is truly unique. I am excited to work with such good people. The resources to complete your job are always on time.

Cons

Larger company that sometimes takes time to make changes. However, if changes are needed or identified people are willing to listen and start the process.

Advice to Management

Find more programs to identify great employees.

These positive reviews are staged

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are none. The damage to your career and mental health far outweigh any monetary compensation.

Cons

Corporate support is nonexistent. They power structure worries about money and nothing else. They are willing to roll the dice regarding compliance and hope they don't get caught.

Advice to Management

The only advice to management is to get out if you value your career. Medicare will eventually fine this sham of a company that they will sell out.

RSS Feed </> Embed