PruittHealth

Updated December 17, 2014
2.4

PruittHealth Chairman and CEO Neil Pruitt
Neil Pruitt

Pros
  • Has capability to be better resource if company would consider quality care management as opposed to quantity in building census (in 6 reviews)

• close to home, centrally located (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one cares about the little guy who makes Christian City a 5 star rated facility (in 6 reviews)

• Upper Management is out of touch (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

can patients care

Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Augusta, GA

I worked at PruittHealth

Pros

best person for the position

Cons

caring for the patients in the work place

case manager

I worked at PruittHealth

Pros

working and help the members and providing quality care to the member and making sure they are been taking care of and talking to them and working from home

Cons

lot of paper and enter information in their system was hard work pay was not that good

Too many expectations

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at PruittHealth (more than an year)

Pros

The staff is great. Their knowledge is good. There are many different areas to utilize your nursing skills.

Cons

Their concern for staff overload doesn't exist. Employee turnover is very high. They are frequently short nurses and CNAs, yet they keep accepting patients. Staff is just expected to work overtime to cover the shifts that they don't have enough nurses to cover. It's very easy to burn out. Appreciation is not shown. The more you work, the more you are expected to work. Morale was very low.

When you have frequent turnovers. investigate! Believe it or not, everyone doesn't like overtime. It's not like it was a temporary thing. I waited two years, hoping for things to level off and they never did....

Great Place to Work

I have been working at PruittHealth (more than an year)

Pros

Culture of Caring Individuals. People at the facility level really want the best for their patients and families. I am amazed at all of the talented, CNA's, LPN's, Housekeepers, Maintenance, etc. I consider it an honor to work with such great people.

Cons

In order to keep up with health care reform we are forced to implement a lot of systems to treat our patients. I hope that that implementing many brand new systems at once slows in the coming years.

Continue to strengthen your committed to caring culture. Some folks in the field would like to see more visits from Senior Level Executives to tell us how things are going. More communication.

For a positive employee development

Current Employee - CNA in Blythewood, SC
    Current Employee - CNA in Blythewood, SC

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The place is clean and their tenet in words are excellent

Cons

Management at hall level is very poor and does not have a human face.

Employ hall managers who have a positive human sense and can combine theory and practice, and not just react as if writing up someone was their most essential duty.

Would not recommed working here!!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at PruittHealth (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about working from this company is the relationships that you form with co workers patient and patients families.

Cons

To many to list but just to name a few...they treat you like some kind of roblot with zero feelings needs or human functions. I can speak of multiple times thatI have been kept running and half killing myself out in the field to the point that I come home feeling ill late in the evening ( way after 5pm) and then realized that I had not eaten or drank anything all day long not to mention I have not even been to the restroom since I left my home that morning to go to work. I didn't even realize that I could go for 12 to 14 hrs straight without so much as a bathroom break before I began working for this company. In my opinion it's a terrible place to work. They will run you down into the ground without a second thought, smile at you and then say thanks for all you do. If your thinking about working for this company I have one word for you DON'T!!!

Pay closer attention to what is going on within each of your offices. What looks one way at a corporate level looks totally different on your employees level. Also there is an individual currently employed in the office that I am employed in that is rude and disrespectful to the entire staff. I don't feel like he should even be allowed to hold a position in the company. He is definetly not "Committed to Caring" about any one other than himself.

very choosy and want you to do whatever they say regardless of the situation

Former Employee - Nurse Aide in Bamberg, SC
    Former Employee - Nurse Aide in Bamberg, SC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

pay well good benefits sometimes understanding very rare

Cons

bad people run this company.

more communication and less favorites

Registered nurse case manager, hospice

Current Employee - RN Case Manager, Hospice in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager, Hospice in Durham, NC

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Like the flexibility, management staff is great and so are the rest of the team members. Pay is good and mileage pay is above most.

Cons

To many patients, sometimes unrealistic expectations. On call can wear you out! They expect you to make a visit for every call received on call

Grueling work, Amazing patients

Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Certified Nurse Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The patients. Some of the co-workers.

Cons

The workload - I've worked all shifts. First shift or second shift I would get 12-18 patients; on a third shift I would get from 22 - 35 patients... I worked a long term care floor, so many of the patients were completely dependent. While the facility claims they are a "no lift" facility - the hoyer lift availability was a joke (2 for 48 patients; IF they weren't in need of maintenance?). Not only that, when you have 15 patients to get up, wash up, feed, change - within an 8 hour period - hooking up a patient to a hoyer takes away valuable time. Overall the patient/CNA ratio is not only dangerous for everyone, but frankly - illegal.

I hope you seriously consider improving your patient to staff ratio. For the amount you charge the patients per month (some of them have told me), it's a crime you don't have a better plan. The only reason I'm rating the company 3 stars instead of 1 is because the pay is competitive for the area and because I love the patients (which you really have nothing to do with).

Director of Nursing

Former Employee - DON
    Former Employee - DON

I worked at PruittHealth

Pros

Meet some nice people. Place to learn how you don't want to be treated

Cons

The absolutely biggest moral depleting place I have ever worked! Neil Pruitt doesn't realize why they are Nursing homes it's because of the Nurses, who are valued about as much as quality care in his buildings. Even as the DHS I have never been treated with so little respect. I have had two deficiency free surveys and never once gotten a thank you from my administrator, Area Vice President or Mr Pruitt. I find this extremely offensive considering prior to me coming there they had 10 tags on their last survey and were still under an IJ!!!

Care about your employees