PruittHealth

Updated January 14, 2015
2.4

PruittHealth Chairman and CEO Neil Pruitt
Neil Pruitt

Pros
  • Has capability to be better resource if company would consider quality care management as opposed to quantity in building census (in 6 reviews)

• close to home, centrally located (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one cares about the little guy who makes Christian City a 5 star rated facility (in 6 reviews)

• Upper Management is out of touch (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Opportunity

I have been working at PruittHealth

Pros

There are a wide array of job opportunities available. Multiple companies. Multiple locations.
    Focus on quality care and wanting to do the right thing

Cons

fractured focus pulled in multiple directions and difficult to complete assignments and implement programs effectively.

stay focused and don't lose sight of why we do what we do best which is taking care of the patient. Get back to the basics.

Wonderful Experience

Former Employee - Administrator
    Former Employee - Administrator

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family Oriented Company. The company has many opportunities available which allows people to find the best fit for them. They offer a competitive benefit package.

Cons

They have decreased the education opportunities over the past few years. They do not give enough of the tools new employees need to be as successful. They focus on training online not offering all the wonderful classes that use to be available.

Improve the education opportunities and support for front line staff.

can patients care

Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in Augusta, GA

I worked at PruittHealth

Pros

best person for the position

Cons

caring for the patients in the work place

case manager

I worked at PruittHealth

Pros

working and help the members and providing quality care to the member and making sure they are been taking care of and talking to them and working from home

Cons

lot of paper and enter information in their system was hard work pay was not that good

Money Comes First

I worked at PruittHealth

Pros

I worked with a hardworking group of co-workers.

Cons

Everything is about a budget. Patient care takes a back seat to making the numbers right. Nurse to patient ratio is as high a 1 nurse to 34 patients at times. CNA to patient ratio is as high as 1 to 15 at times.

Too many expectations

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I worked at PruittHealth (more than an year)

Pros

The staff is great. Their knowledge is good. There are many different areas to utilize your nursing skills.

Cons

Their concern for staff overload doesn't exist. Employee turnover is very high. They are frequently short nurses and CNAs, yet they keep accepting patients. Staff is just expected to work overtime to cover the shifts that they don't have enough nurses to cover. It's very easy to burn out. Appreciation is not shown. The more you work, the more you are expected to work. Morale was very low.

When you have frequent turnovers. investigate! Believe it or not, everyone doesn't like overtime. It's not like it was a temporary thing. I waited two years, hoping for things to level off and they never did....

Great Place to Work

I have been working at PruittHealth (more than an year)

Pros

Culture of Caring Individuals. People at the facility level really want the best for their patients and families. I am amazed at all of the talented, CNA's, LPN's, Housekeepers, Maintenance, etc. I consider it an honor to work with such great people.

Cons

In order to keep up with health care reform we are forced to implement a lot of systems to treat our patients. I hope that that implementing many brand new systems at once slows in the coming years.

Continue to strengthen your committed to caring culture. Some folks in the field would like to see more visits from Senior Level Executives to tell us how things are going. More communication.

For a positive employee development

Current Employee - CNA in Blythewood, SC
    Current Employee - CNA in Blythewood, SC

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The place is clean and their tenet in words are excellent

Cons

Management at hall level is very poor and does not have a human face.

Employ hall managers who have a positive human sense and can combine theory and practice, and not just react as if writing up someone was their most essential duty.

Would not recommed working here!!

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at PruittHealth (more than 3 years)

Pros

The only good thing about working from this company is the relationships that you form with co workers patient and patients families.

Cons

To many to list but just to name a few...they treat you like some kind of roblot with zero feelings needs or human functions. I can speak of multiple times thatI have been kept running and half killing myself out in the field to the point that I come home feeling ill late in the evening ( way after 5pm) and then realized that I had not eaten or drank anything all day long not to mention I have not even been to the restroom since I left my home that morning to go to work. I didn't even realize that I could go for 12 to 14 hrs straight without so much as a bathroom break before I began working for this company. In my opinion it's a terrible place to work. They will run you down into the ground without a second thought, smile at you and then say thanks for all you do. If your thinking about working for this company I have one word for you DON'T!!!

Pay closer attention to what is going on within each of your offices. What looks one way at a corporate level looks totally different on your employees level. Also there is an individual currently employed in the office that I am employed in that is rude and disrespectful to the entire staff. I don't feel like he should even be allowed to hold a position in the company. He is definetly not "Committed to Caring" about any one other than himself.

very choosy and want you to do whatever they say regardless of the situation

Former Employee - Nurse Aide in Bamberg, SC
    Former Employee - Nurse Aide in Bamberg, SC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

pay well good benefits sometimes understanding very rare

Cons

bad people run this company.

more communication and less favorites