PruittHealth Reviews

Reset

Hospice

Former Employee - RN Hospice in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - RN Hospice in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The small group of people at my site. We got to know each other very well and worked well together

Cons

Corporate. When they came in, it unbalanced everything. Their focus was only on moneymaking. Did not care about patients and cutting staff. To the point it was not feasible to provide decent care. Several of us quit.

Advice to Management

You hold yourself up as a Christian company. But your behavior at corporate meetings and the heavy drinking, as well as hooking up with others is clearly permitted. It seems to be part of the corporate structure. You also do not look at ways to be cost effective and morale building.

Pruitt is the worst company that I have worked for in 20 years of healthcare

Former Employee - Home Health in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Former Employee - Home Health in Mount Pleasant, SC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive aspect of the job were some of my coworkers. They made an unbearable situation somewhat better. The salary was decent, but not enough to compensate for the hell Pruitt puts you through.

Cons

Work-life balance was zero. We would work all day, on call all night, and expected to document into the night without compensation. The corporate power structure is ridiculous. The company is SO top heavy. Employees are not given the tools needed to do their job. Employees wait months for equipment. The documentation system is cumbersome and not effective. PruittHealth does not care about employees. They will quickly tell you to leave and they will find someone else. I have seen entire offices quit in 6 months.

Advice to Management

The entire home health division should be closed. The care provided is substandard. This company has zero place in healthcare. In a nutshell, Pruitt Health is a joke.

Billing/Collections Specialist

Pros

location, large cubicals, gym on property, cafeteria, quarterly bonuses

Cons

poor management in some departments. need better training.

Miserable and frustrated and beyond exhausted

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, NC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

This review is of ONE specific facility location, and may not reflect Pruitt as a whole....maybe other locations or facilities are better...I will not point out the rehab unit I am referring to... Pros: Beautiful clean facility Fair wages and occasional (small) bonuses for full time long term employees Variety of patient population Boss is flexible about schedule

Cons

Where to start... No management presence, nurses and medical staff are left alone to make important decisions that should be for management, the administrator,etc A scary and stupid reluctance to send patients out to hospital. I went to school for 4 years to become a nurse...I have worked hard and put in hundreds of hours of patient care. So, if I am caring for a patient and he or she is obviously ill, lab work is abnormal, something isn't right, etc and there is no doctor present and they need rapid care, I will send them out. We were told not to, to keep the patient as long as possible. Dangerous and unethical! All to meet their patient census and get $$. I will not be responsible for a patients' health decline under my care, treatment should never be delayed. Our small facility can only do so much, and some people are to Too ill and need to go to a hospital where all interventions can be made. Management would actually be annoyed or angry if you sent a patient to the hospital that they deemed unnecessary. One time a patient was very ill and she was sent to the hospital...management kept saying not to send the patient out, do all these other doctors orders first...a waste of valuable time when a person is acutely sick. She did go to the hospital, went to ICU and died that day...still think she doesn't need to go to a hospital ?!? Absolutely horrific and unfair treatment of employees regarding hours of shifts/on call/etc...Nurse assistants were often begged or pleaded to do double shifts (16 hours!!!) for another day off, etc. these promises were broken all the time. Nurses would work for 13 to 14 hours on a GOOD day to do all paperwork and complete all orders etc. Nurses are put on call for 7 days and are treated as entirely responsible for any "holes" in the schedule. We were always short staffed. If you were on call, your week was going to be horrible and awful and you just knew it...nurses would work a 12 hr shift and then be forced to stay and keep caring for patients because there was no coverage for the next shift. You could be basically trapped there for 16 or 17 hours (16 hrs a day is legally the max an RN can work in NC) all because "you are on call" and no staff was available. Dangerous to patients to have such a tired nurse and unfair, I don't want overtime pay, I want to go home and see my family! Insane lack of care for staff and their health problems...how ironic in a healthcare facility! Numerous nurses and NA's would request shorter shifts or less time standing/ walking because of health issues...older age and arthritis, knee problems, even heart trouble for example...no help was ever given. Staff would request a change or accommodation and never got it. At one point there were several nurses who were pregnant. Three of them wanted shorter shifts as they got bigger (still working full time, just in 8 or 10 hr shifts instead of 12 +) Management said they would accommodate, and said for months they would "work on it". Never happened. All those nurses had to work 12 hr shifts on their feet the entire day up until their leave. Or else they would lose $ and benefits for dropping hours. One of the pregnant nurses was put on call only two or three weeks before her due date...at the end of your pregnancy you probably shouldn't be working more than 40 hrs a week, or on day and night shifts because there is just no staff. Always short staffed, as said above...new staff hired were deceived about patient load, on call policy, etc and would quit very shortly after being hired. Super fast turn over. Never enough medical supplies Way too heavy of a patient load for NA's and nurses, 20 patients for nurses and 15 for NA's. Most of my co workers were wonderful and hard working and caring, that was what kept me there...but with no help from management and totally impossible expectations of medical staff was too much. This industry is about patient lives, this is about people, it should never be taken so lightly and without regard to safety. Promises never kept by management Staff that were always late, never showed up for their shift or consistently, broke rules over and over were not fired or disciplined. Some staff could just do whatever they wanted and knew it. Trying to contact your manager or director is impossible. They never return your calls, so if you are at work on a weekend or night time and you need their direction or have an emergency, good luck, because they won't answer you! (8 times out of 10 averaged maybe)

Advice to Management

Care genuinely about your patients, stop putting your staff at high risk for medical errors and exhaustion. Be there for help when called. I could go on forever...

Was a great place to work until corporate stepped in...

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Duluth, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

Staff at the inpatient unit was great-everyone worked together as a team.Patient care was exceptional. Work atmosphere was harmonious and far above average.

Cons

Corporate stepped in.New management , staff cuts. Many of the staff have left -others are looking for jobs. Patient care is now second to the bottom line...

Advice to Management

You had a great facility with an awesome staff.Why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken?Very sad for the remaining staff and future patients....

Great Place to Work

Pros

The culture is truly unique. I am excited to work with such good people. The resources to complete your job are always on time.

Cons

Larger company that sometimes takes time to make changes. However, if changes are needed or identified people are willing to listen and start the process.

Advice to Management

Find more programs to identify great employees.

8. It's been 7 years and I still look forward to the next day!

Current Employee - Therapy Recruiter in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Therapy Recruiter in Norcross, GA

I have been working at PruittHealth (More than 5 years)

Pros

1) Strong focus on patient care 2) Ethical and by the book 3) Great pay and I think the benefits are competitive with today's market

Cons

Unable to telecommute and I miss out on valuable work time while sitting in Atlanta traffic.

PruittHealth

Current Employee - Admissions Director in South Congaree, SC
    Current Employee - Admissions Director in South Congaree, SC

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, good salary, cheap benefits

Cons

top heavy organization. family owned and operated. has not adjusted well to tremendous growth. Census gets low, ELT gets ugly.

Advice to Management

Create and environment of encouragement and support. Not fear and punishment.

Stay Away, dont let the higher pay suck you in.

Former Employee - Nurse in North Augusta, SC
    Former Employee - Nurse in North Augusta, SC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401K is a good positive thing the company offers, they do still have matching funds for the 401K and you can build up a good path to retirement. The Tennant Times is another good ideal. Kudos Card is another good thing the company does.

Cons

Do not let higher pay suck you in to working for this company. There is a very real reason they have to pay people more to work for them and it is not worth it. The high level of stress and anxiety you go through on a daily basis is not worth the money. If you love and want to keep your license or certification then stay away. They allow dangerous work practices such as overloading employees with to many complex patients. Never enough supplies. Disorganized. Management is not flexible with you if you need to be out of work for funerals or sick kids. Management is not supportive and will let you take the blame instead of fixing the real issues. Never enough help (nurses or C.N.A), way to top heavy and not enough front line staff to take care of patients. Finally, the drama that goes on is unreal, the most I have ever experienced on the job. Again, stay away. Money not worth the danger you will face daily to your sanity and to your credentials. Lastly, the benefits are very expensive so any higher pay you get will go to paying for benefits.

Advice to Management

Need to have all new management in that facility, it is a terrible way to run a company. They put on a show whenever corporate comes in or surveyors. Corporate really needs to get in there and see what is going on then make major changes.

Stay away

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location , Decent salary, hardest working people I've ever seen with no reward in return.. If this is a pro then go for it!

Cons

U trade in ur soul to work for this company, highest turnover I've ever seen, most demoralizing place to work ever, never a word about the good job you're doing, hostile work environment, never have enough caseload to get ur hours every week, you are always wondering if you will make enough to keep your benefits, no loyalty from this company, you either do as ur told no questions asked or lose ur job, I've seen people's lives ruined by this company,--good people, they struggle to get admissions, worst nursing care I've ever seen due to understaffing and overloading of cnas, ... This is not someone who is disgruntled but actually one who now has their peace of mind... Good riddance and do yourself a favor and stay away from anything Pruitt

Advice to Management

Good luck

RSS Feed </> Embed