Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
CEO

1. Great cash, fun environment!

Former Employee - Food Server in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Food Server in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick cash, super busy, awesome coworkers!

Cons

Busy and sometimes it can get overwhelming, but that's how you make your money.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome!

2. Management Works as Hard as the Staff, but Still was a Miserable Experience

I worked at Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge part-time

Pros

The managers are fantastic and they truly bust their hump. They are the only redeeming quality of this place. They were welcoming, kind, and very willing to listen. They do have a staff lot and make it an expectation that staff leave in groups for safety. This is especially helpful in northeast where there is a lack of available parking and late night shifts.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, had to use personal cell to contact customers (apparently its too expensive to add an addition phone line), demanding servers, and just an overall work environment that pushes everyone to a breaking point. As a result, customers are sometimes shoved into unsavory seats, stressed staff, and slow service. Customers also have a strange range of expectations, but that seems to be due to how the restaurant identifies itself. "A bar masquerading as a restaurant". I never looked forward to my shifts and I felt horrified and upset at the end of each shift. I also had been hired under a set of promises that were not fulfilled, but I was not willing to stay in this environment even had a promotion occurred.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all of your hard work and there is only so much you can do to make sure every staff member and customer has the best experience, but some major operational changes need to be made. It's clear this place is a cash cow, but that shouldn't come at the expense of poor customer service. Either your a bar or a restaurant, cause right now both aren't accommodated well.

3. Money was decent, work was hell

Former Employee - Barback in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Barback in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many jobs that you can get with absolutely no experience in which you can average $25/hr (after inclusion of tips).

Cons

While most bars promote bartenders from within the ranks of barbacks, Suzi's consistently gets new bartenders from outside. Barbacks are constantly running from the time they punch in to the time they punch out, which is often 11 or 12 hours later.

Advice to Management

Incentivize the work by more consistently promoting from within.

5. High Paced fun job

Pros

Good money, High paced, Great management team

Cons

Can be a bit hectic at times

6. To over promise and under deliver is a strong statement, but to lie to ones face is another!

I worked at Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge full-time

Pros

I do not thing that during the time I worked for this company I felt there were any pros that came out of working here.

Cons

The lack of professionalism by the so called senior management is a compliment. If you enjoy walking on pins and needles everyday, this is the place for you...As a former member of the Psycho Suzi's team, I am ashamed to have been apart of an organization that treats its own employee's like garbage. Turn over in the industry is tough enough, but when you work for them be cautious that you have not sold your soul to the devil. As a professional you would think that a confidential discussion would mean do not discuss with others. Error on the side of caution before discussing anything with senior management as they cannot wait to spread the information that you have just discussed with them.

Advice to Management

Get an education...this may help you on the lack of professionalism that is consistantly displayed in your senior managment.

RSS Feed </> Embed